PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Yamaha R1 For Sale

kevinlove10
05-28-2004, 08:31 PM
This bike is two-tone silver and has only 220km - it is absolutely mint. I really hate to sell it and would prefer not to, but I know I won't ride it anymore. The reason I'm selling it is because on my second ride with this bike, I had a car pull out in front of me on the highway when I was doing about 120km/hr. Long story short I had a close call that was just entirely too close. I figure it's not worth my life. Regardless, I also bought matching apparel - Alpinestars S-MX leather jacket, KBC VR-1 with a mirrored visor, Joe Rocket Reactor leather gloves, and an Alpinestars Rebel textile jacket for my girlfriend. I paid $15,950 for the bike and had to wait 5 1/2 months for it because apparently you have to order it straight from Yamaha - limited production model. I went to the 2004 bike show in Calgary in January I think it was (which incidently is where I bought it) and I was told that they are not going to be available in dealships - order only. They said there was only going to be about 300 R1's in Canada and that they had already oversold. If you have any questions or concerns, or even if you want to come by and see it give me a call. 403 932 7701 Ask for Kevin. Check out http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/unitimage/2/mcy/5/6/4944/yamaha_yzf-r1.aspx for a picture of it.

bigboom
05-28-2004, 11:28 PM
price?

SoBe
05-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by kevinlove10
I went to the 2004 bike show in Calgary in January I think it was (which incidently is where I bought it) and I was told that they are not going to be available in dealships - order only.

well someone was sure feeding ya a line... not to be a prick or anything, so i apologize for the way this sounds, but yesterday i was in my local yamaha dealership picking up a new helmet and if i was to sell my current bike and was in the market for the new r1 already, i would've had my choice b/t the red, yamaha blue or the silver(1 of each colour) '04 r1's they had sitting in the showroom for sale.

kevinlove10
05-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Figures as much. Oh well, I didn't buy the bike off the BS the salesman fed me, I just really like the bike. I've thought about what a fair price would be to ask for it, but I thought I'd leave it open for offers. I was told with depreciation it is worth about $15,150. I'd let everything go for $15,500 or $15,150 for just the bike.

kevie88
05-29-2004, 06:04 PM
These things are absolute missiles. On my 2001 I can't even stay in the draft of a new one at Race city.... insane!

kevinlove10
05-29-2004, 08:33 PM
I'm choked because I haven't even taken it above 5,000 RPMs. I figured I would have this one for a while, so I wanted to take the time to break it in properly. The sales guy also told me the break-in period is about 1,500 km and said keep in under 5,000 RPMs and change through the gears often. So the short time I did have on my bike was not about pushing it's limits, but rather babying the stupid thing . I wish now that I had bagged it so that I could see what kind of performer it is:drama: