PDA

View Full Version : Post your Calgary Flames facts here!

jaylo
05-29-2004, 07:22 AM
Just want to start a thread with useful information about the Calgary Flames, hehe especially for those of you who just started cheering for them!

No team has ever shut out the Detroit Red Wings for 52 playoff games until Game 5 against the Flames

twofortySX
05-29-2004, 07:43 AM
The Calgary Flames are the first and only visiting team to win the Stanley at the Montreal Forum.

Maxt
05-29-2004, 08:35 AM
Dougy Gilmour had a thing for young baby sitters, he was traded following partying with a 13 year old...
Second to only the Calgary police service for drunk driving incidents, involving Calgary institutions..How many marks on the memorial drive overpass were caused by roberts or vernon, thats a good trivia question..

Craig Berube aka the Boober, always got traded for dinkin other players wives...

This new crew, is alot cleaner than the old crew thats for sure, or are they just getting better at hiding it...maxt

Speed_Dreams
05-29-2004, 08:38 AM
the flames are the first team ever to beat 3 division champs on the way to the stanley cup

and when we win the cup we will have beat 4 of the best teams in the league!

ugotahondaeh?
05-29-2004, 09:01 AM
The Calgary flames were once known as the Atlanta flames from 1972- 1980. Calgary offered a reported 16 million to bring the flames to the city.

Every penny well spented!

Go flames Go! :thumbsup:

leutyc
05-29-2004, 09:02 AM
They are going to win the cup. That is a fact.

Dj_Stylz
05-29-2004, 10:56 AM
:thumbsup:

88CRX
05-29-2004, 11:03 AM
I have not shaved on game day since the begining of the playoffs :dunno:

lam-boy
05-29-2004, 11:21 AM
for 10 straight series in the Stanley cup finals, no road team has ever won until Calgary!

shadowz
05-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Beyond member Hightower once threw Mr. Fleury over a fence when he was a bouncer at a local bar

jdmakkord
05-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Every time the flames win a playoff game, I get stupid drunk and lose my voice.

aiy_yah
05-29-2004, 09:00 PM
Here's one I heard on the broadcast tonight.

In the (now) 14 games Kipper has won, he has only allowed 13 goals. In the 8 losses, he has allowed 32 goals. :eek:

Crazy, eh!

blueripper6
05-29-2004, 09:56 PM
heres one.. kpprusoff smokes a pack a day!!!

WTF.. how does he do it?!

Moe Man
05-30-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by leutyc
They are going to win the cup. That is a fact.

the most true fact of all facts.............

i wont say go flames go becuse it is over they have not where else to go :thumbsup:

GT2NV
05-30-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Every time the flames win a playoff game, I get stupid drunk and lose my voice. :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

BigShow
05-30-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by blueripper6

i dont believe that

blueripper6
05-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Yea.. i dunno either. This really fucking drunk guy at my school told me... ahah the day after grad.. funny

Kobe
05-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Kipper was spoted at Cowboys After game 3's shoutout

And flames were at cowboys after they won game 6 against the sharks...

cman
05-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by blueripper6

:bullshit:

davidI
05-30-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
Kipper was spoted at Cowboys After game 3's shoutout

And flames were at cowboys after they won game 6 against the sharks...

Oliwa likes to pick up young girls at Cowboys after games.

My gf and her friend flashed Iggy and Oliwa at Cowboys after one of their wins (during bacardigras) and Iggy gave me a beer since she was my gf, cool guy :thumbsup:

I asked Oliwa if I could see his wifes tits since he saw my gf's and he just said that she had big titties then started hitting on girls my age I wanted to hit on! :thumbsdown:

As far as Kipper smoking a pack a day, I'm not sure. I did see Phil Housley smoke half a pack right infront of me one night at the Whisky last year though and he was arguably one of the best defencemen in the league so I would believe it :dunno:

As far as trivia goes, if Calgary wins the cup they will be only the third team to do so after not making the playoffs the year previous.

A_3
05-30-2004, 11:15 PM
naw it's true, i've known for a while, it's been on calgarypuck.com for a long time, him and simon do, they smoked a pack between them at the metalica concert not that long ago, Khabibulin does too, not uncommon for Europeans, and the last thing u want to have is a goalie quitting smoking and cmon you can just picture simon smoking. And for the records, i have yet to shave during a Flames playoff series, anytime i've drinkin Canadian we have won, and when i wear the jersey at home we have!

A_3
05-30-2004, 11:15 PM
oh and Oliwa is married but boning my cousin... ahahaha she gets free tickets to every game, 4 of em! (and she doesn't even like hockey!)

davidI
05-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by A_3
oh and Oliwa is married but boning my cousin... ahahaha she gets free tickets to every game, 4 of em! (and she doesn't even like hockey!)

your cousin and about 20 other of my friends cousins. Dumb sluts. :rofl:

A_3
05-30-2004, 11:37 PM
ahahahhaha no shit hey... i remember when she told me that... and i was like uhhhh you know he's married right and she's all yeah... know anyone that will buy the 4 tickets off me for next game... i just shook my head. Dumb girls she tried to trade me and my dad her tickets so she could have our tickets with the players wives... ya know where his wife obviously sits... just shows the intelligence level he prays upon ahaha

quiksilver
05-31-2004, 12:37 AM
everything is good so far except for the part about housley being the best defenceman in the league :thumbsdow
Phil Lousley

CKY
05-31-2004, 12:44 AM
fact: flames bandwagon jumpers increases daily as we move closer to the cup
fact: majority of the people celebrating in 17th after every victory has little to no knowledge of the team
fact: when next season starts, the percentage of people from the previous 2 facts will say "flames suck" if we miss the playoffs (if we're even playing that is)
fact: no one really gives a shit since the city is going crazy and its better than having no fan support
FACT: the cup will be ours, once again, and again, and again

aiy_yah
05-31-2004, 08:47 AM
When the Flames win the Cup, Gelinas will be the only player to win the Cup with both Alberta teams. :D

Gonthro
05-31-2004, 10:05 AM
FACT: Flames = PWN4G3

sputnik
05-31-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by CKY
fact: flames bandwagon jumpers increases daily as we move closer to the cup
fact: majority of the people celebrating in 17th after every victory has little to no knowledge of the team
fact: when next season starts, the percentage of people from the previous 2 facts will say "flames suck" if we miss the playoffs (if we're even playing that is)
fact: no one really gives a shit since the city is going crazy and its better than having no fan support
FACT: the cup will be ours, once again, and again, and again

:whocares:

Personally I am a big flames fan...

But have you have considered that people might just like a good party? Who said that you have to know every stat about the team before you are allowed to cheer?

rage2
05-31-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by CKY
Well... if they don't make the playoffs next year, then officially they do suck next year don't they? ;)

SinisterProbeGt
05-31-2004, 11:21 AM
Female flames fans show more boobies per capita than any other NHL city.

:clap: hooray for boobies :clap: