PDA

View Full Version : Dinner at the calgary tower?

SwitchBlade
05-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Has anyone had a good experience with the diner ontop of the tower? I was thinking of taking my gf there for birthday dinner. Did you have a good experience? How was the food? If not any recomendations?

jdmakkord
05-30-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by SwitchBlade
Has anyone had a good experience with the diner ontop of the tower? I was thinking of taking my gf there for birthday dinner. Did you have a good experience? How was the food? If not any recomendations?

Overrated, over priced, and there are far better restaraunts in town than the tower.

Weapon_R
05-30-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Overrated, over priced, and there are far better restaraunts in town than the tower.

I've never heard anyone give a review differing much from jdmakkord's. Overpriced and overrated is all I ever hear.

go_n_lowhrdbdy
05-30-2004, 10:09 PM

I had a buffalo burger up there which was alright but there is definitely better restaurants.

accordboi_02
05-30-2004, 10:11 PM
If you haven't read it yet, there are much better choices here:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46732

Only good thing about Calgary tower is if you arrange it so you get dinner during sunset... very :bigpimp: then, but the food is still overpriced for its quality.

Strider
05-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by accordboi_02
If you haven't read it yet, there are much better choices here:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46732

Only good thing about Calgary tower is if you arrange it so you get dinner during sunset... very :bigpimp: then, but the food is still overpriced for its quality.

I tried to plan that for valentines day with my GF... but unfortunately, the platform rotated so that it was facing east as the sun et :banghead:

But as stated in this thread... there's much better food to be had for the same price... when dining at the tower, you're paying for the view, which is basically expected.

SwitchBlade
05-30-2004, 10:32 PM
Food wise what other restraunts would compare? Does anyone have any honorable mentions for a good romantic restraunt?

That.Guy.S30
05-30-2004, 10:59 PM
supposedly the food there is good since they just changed their cooking staff.

jdmakkord
05-30-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
supposedly the food there is good since they just changed their cooking staff.

Most restaraunts the cooking staff changes regularly lol Turnover in that industry is retarded!

That.Guy.S30
05-30-2004, 11:35 PM
from what ive heard the place is actually good now! lol. i went there 3 years ago. it was ok, paid a lil too much but what the hey, cant live forever. haha

SwitchBlade
05-31-2004, 08:10 PM
What is there as far as good romantic italian restraunts here in calgary?

JordanLotoski
05-31-2004, 08:16 PM
cintini's

SwitchBlade
05-31-2004, 08:17 PM
where is it located?

JordanLotoski
05-31-2004, 08:21 PM
8th ave and mcCloud...right across from teatro

SwitchBlade
05-31-2004, 08:27 PM
awesome i wil have to check it out

SwitchBlade
06-01-2004, 07:20 AM
check it out looks like an awesome place im gonna make reservations for later this week :thumbsup:

hatetank
06-01-2004, 07:44 AM
Calgary Tower has a new kitchen staff with a great new chef -- I have been twice in the last 6 months.

Both times the food, service and ambience were perfect.

3g4me
06-01-2004, 10:44 AM
If your looking for a nice quiet restaurant with a wicked view, go there for sure. But be prepared to pay tourist prices. I mean it costs you $10 a person just to get up there, thats not inclding parking + you $20 meal. But if your prepared to pay the food is definately exceptional. I like their wild mushroom soup. Its great.

RAGINGHULK
06-01-2004, 09:46 PM
The Living Room is my choice. It's a nice casual place with nice decor.

RAGINGHULK

SwitchBlade
06-01-2004, 10:01 PM
My gf is italian and she likes italian so i am gonna make reservations at Centinis. What can i say i checked it out yesterday and the people where happy to help showed me the menu and gave me their buisness card so i could make reservations for later. The aura of the place is amazing. The food sounds good also. Thanks for your help. :thumbsup:

dezmarez
07-07-2004, 01:34 AM
the foods decent but its soooooooooooooooooooo exspensive
but itd be tight to bring ur gf there

Impreza
07-07-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by RAGINGHULK
The Living Room is my choice. It's a nice casual place with nice decor.

RAGINGHULK

The Living Room is a nice place, i really like the environment and the food is really good. Depends what you're looking for I guess, Living Room can be a bit pricy tho

Redlyne_mr2
07-07-2004, 09:05 AM

:werd: The spinning tower made me sick as well

Skylinelover
07-07-2004, 12:04 PM
^ Cant keep your food in? :rofl:

Dope Dealer
07-07-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Both times I've been there I've gotten a headache.. Hhaha

lam-boy
07-07-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Both times I've been there I've gotten a headache.. Hhaha

its cause you don't tan enough man. go tan some more!:angel:

BebeAphrodite
07-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Impreza

The Living Room is a nice place, i really like the environment and the food is really good. Depends what you're looking for I guess, Living Room can be a bit pricy tho
I think the Living Room is disgusting. I didn't enjoy any of the courses that I had there and I've been there three times. Each time it was a bomb.

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

ha ha ha, it was cool at first to spin then it just made me sick too.

As for Centini, FANTASTIC food!! Had about 15 ppl there and everyone loved it. There's a fantastic dessert that lets you sample a ton of desserts. It's a platter for $32 meant for 2 ppl.. we shared it amongst 4 ppl and it was wayy too much to eat.

method
07-08-2004, 09:28 PM
wops eating wop food.

how original.

:D

the calgary tower is for the view, nothing special about the food. it's also not very private. no booths, no nothing.

cook it yourself you chumpass.

sabad66
07-08-2004, 10:33 PM
for italian i really liked the olive garden..great food and it was made quicker than mcdonalds makes your big mac sometimes!

Ben
07-13-2004, 03:52 AM

Wholeheartedly agree.

Had service so bad there, I dsidn't bother signing the Visa reciept, and I left a penny on the bill fold.

Worst dining experience in my life.