PDA

View Full Version : I hate to read stuff like this..........

Deus
05-31-2004, 11:55 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/storyview/MSN/2004/05/30/canada/race_crash040530

Boosted_TL
05-31-2004, 11:59 AM
Thats harsh, I agree with you

Shaolin
05-31-2004, 12:04 PM
As much as I hate reading about it, darwinism is running its course.. i just hope others that witness this kind of things will smarten up.

Lennon
05-31-2004, 12:05 PM
6 guys in the civic?

And what are you talkin about Darwinism?

ZorroAMG
05-31-2004, 12:11 PM
Darwinism meaning it weeds out those less evolved (ie: stupid enough to street race with passengers)

Sorry for the families, but WOW, what a couple of retards.

Ben
05-31-2004, 12:17 PM
Poor Tree...probably damaged some if the park thus resulting in less nourishment from here on in. :( :thumbsdow

Idiots...

6 people in a 5 person car - :thumbsdow

EK 2.0
05-31-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Darwinism meaning it weeds out those less evolved (ie: stupid enough to street race with passengers)

Sorry for the families, but WOW, what a couple of retards.

Or just stupid enough to just plain street race...

Concolences go out to the families...

sputnik
05-31-2004, 12:49 PM
Condolences to the innocent... (i.e. the tree).

d@Rw1n pwn5 j00!

Orbie
05-31-2004, 01:22 PM
Man both cars had 6 people in them! that's just stupid.

Not sure where you guys are getting that Darwinism is applying to anyone but the two street racers here. Nowhere in the story does it mention that the other 10 people in both cars we're willing participants in this event. For all you know they were begging the drivers to stop, on the other hand they could have been drunk and coaxing the driver, either way we don't know so I don't know why you automatically think they deserve to be "weeded out" . The 2 people killed were just passengers, so Darwinism didn't run it's course here, because it allowed the two people most responsible (the drivers) to continue living, perhaps to do this stunt again and kill more innocents. Also not to mention spread their genes and create offspring that also may require thrills for entertainment and do something similar in the future. No...Darwinism was not at work here at all unfortunately...

sputnik
05-31-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Orbie
Darwinism was not at work here at all unfortunately...

We all pick who we hang out with... and if you hang out with idiots... you die with idiots.

Orbie
05-31-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

We all pick who we hang out with... and if you hang out with idiots... you die with idiots.

I guess I can see where your coming from...but really how many of us have a stupid friend or two. So the one time your driving with them is the one time he decides to drive crazy despite your objections, do you deserve to be weeded out then?:confused:

ZorroAMG
05-31-2004, 01:52 PM
Yes. If you are too much of a pussy to GET your driver friend to stop driving like an idiot and putting others in danger, then you too belong on the short list....

(to the tune of row row row your boat) WEED, WEED, WEED YOU OUT, GENTLY OFF THIS EARTH.....

pizalm
05-31-2004, 01:56 PM
If your racing with 6 adults in a honda or sunfire you gotta be dumb, there both slow enough to begin with never mind with the extra 800 lbs in the car. They must have been ripping:rolleyes: If your dumb enough to race in downtown toronto you almost deserve something bad to happen.:(

Orbie
05-31-2004, 02:10 PM
Yes. If you are too much of a pussy to GET your driver friend to stop driving like an idiot and putting others in danger, then you too belong on the short list....

(to the tune of row row row your boat) WEED, WEED, WEED YOU OUT, GENTLY OFF THIS EARTH.....

So how are you going to GET him to stop Zorro? punch him in the face, jump out of the moving car, pull the e-brake? all of which are dangerous as well. Oh I forgot yelling at him to stop...that'll work!

ZorroAMG
05-31-2004, 02:13 PM
Dood if you hang around fuckheads like that, it's your problem, DO NOT come crying to us. Assholes are assholes and I don't associate with assholes. Are you an asshole? If you aren't, why would you drive with one?

NUFF SAID.

turbo_equiped
05-31-2004, 02:13 PM
man thats just stupid and sad. hope the tree is ok.

QuasarCav
05-31-2004, 02:14 PM

So true, You can easily get him to stop. Unless he is a 8 foot tall steroid rager who is all pissed up on R&R.

In that case....Chose better friends. It's all about choice.

Shaolin
05-31-2004, 02:15 PM
Don't know about everyone else.. but if my buddy decided to race some dude when there's 6 of us in a car, I'd make sure he stops.. total disrespect to his friends if he pulls shit like this.. but that's just me and my friends.. we go as far as punching our buddy in the kidney everytime he lit up a smoke infront of us.. didn't take him long to quit..

I can see where you're coming from Orbie.. but I think I can speak for some of us to say we have friends that look out for each other and look out for ourselves as well.

s dime
05-31-2004, 02:26 PM
6 people in each car, that's asking for it

But it is too bad...:thumbsdow

Xtrema
05-31-2004, 02:37 PM
6 guys........ Well, that's one ghetto way to lower your car...... :D

Orbie
05-31-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
Don't know about everyone else.. but if my buddy decided to race some dude when there's 6 of us in a car, I'd make sure he stops.. total disrespect to his friends if he pulls shit like this.. but that's just me and my friends.. we go as far as punching our buddy in the kidney everytime he lit up a smoke infront of us.. didn't take him long to quit..

I can see where you're coming from Orbie.. but I think I can speak for some of us to say we have friends that look out for each other and look out for ourselves as well.

Thanks Shaolin, I definitely agree with you guys that this crap is bs and shouldn't be happening. I don't in anyway condone stupid street racing. My friends and I are the same way, it's just a respect for others in the car and the fact that you are responsible for the well-being of everyone in the car if you are the driver. But I'm glad you can open your mind to see the point I am trying to make. The main thing is to obviously choose friends that do not exhibit these traits, unfortunately you can't always predict who you'll be driving with and how well you'll know them. Note that the question I posed earlier is if you are already in the car and driving. If you knew the guy was an idiot obviously the best choice to make is not to get in.

Zorro, I have no idea where I said that I drive with people like this, or that I'm crying to you guys about it. I'm just posting a hypothetical situation and asking what your response would be. Go back and read my initial post, maybe that will clarify it for you. Unfortunately, you decided to turn this into a name calling dick measuring contest. But thanks to the rest of you guys for keeping it logical and mature.

ZorroAMG
05-31-2004, 03:46 PM
HAHAHA I never called you a name (pussy was directed more to ANYONE who drives with fags like that) and it was certainly no dick measuring contest....I just have zero tolerance for idiots, bad drivers and those too weak to stand up for themselves. If you, or anyone else for that matter, are one or all of those things, the a big FUCK YOU goes out to ya, if not, then it's all good :)

SleeperD
05-31-2004, 03:54 PM
...street racing...*sighs*.......such a risk......ya heart goes out to the familys...just shouldnt have happened....just reminds u to be smart, dont wnat to be reading anything about someone getting killed over that out here anymore

Orbie
05-31-2004, 03:59 PM
HAHAHA I never called you a name (pussy was directed more to ANYONE who drives with fags like that) and it was certainly no dick measuring contest....I just have zero tolerance for idiots, bad drivers and those too weak to stand up for themselves. If you, or anyone else for that matter, are one or all of those things, the a big FUCK YOU goes out to ya, if not, then it's all good :)

Ok then, sorry for jumping to conclusions. Just liked to have had responses with less derogatory terms and more logical opinions. I can understand why you are emotional about this stuff though, I can't stand hearing about these types of accidents either. Rest-assured I am not an idiot or irresponsible when it comes to driving. Of course a "bad driver" can be a subjective opinion, despite those people that don't obey the rules of the road, you also have those exact same bad drivers calling the rest of us law-abiding drivers "bad drivers" because we don't conform to what they think is a good driver. lol confusing!

Anyways though, IMHO sometimes innocent people are in the cars that get in these accidents from stupid drivers, friends or not. I can understand the point you are trying to make though.

ZorroAMG
05-31-2004, 04:54 PM
Cool :)

hjr
05-31-2004, 05:44 PM
listen, if you get into a car with 5 other people already in it, you are taking a risk. I never get in a situation where i can't wear a seatbelt. People puting themselves into sit. like that is where darwin comes in. People dont need to be racing to have an accident, maybe a tire blows out and the car hits a pole - not the drivers fault but people can still die. The situation for the passengers is really their own fault.

nosegrindR
05-31-2004, 11:48 PM
street racing is completely retarded, i can admit to doing it before and it's nothing that i'm proud about, I'm lucky to still be alive and it's just not worth it, it's ultimately the dumbest thing you can do on the streets, if you're not hurting yourself and hurting somebody else it's even worse,

this particular incident happened in TO's entertainment district, with pedestrians all over the sidewalks and streets it could have been worse, innocent bystanders could have been walking onto the streets...etc etc,

this is not even considering the tickets you can get for speeding, stunting, ...etc.

it's just not worth it at all if you're seriously planning to race, take it to the track

rice_eater
06-01-2004, 01:15 AM
you'd think a civic VS sunbird race would never get to any dangerous speeds ;) shitty for those kids though

Go4Long
06-01-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by nosegrindR
it's just not worth it at all if you're seriously planning to race, take it to the track

food for thought on that...if you crash while racing on the street, your insurance covers you(they'll boot you off the policy and you'll probably never be able to get insurance again, but it will save you from personal liability)...if you crash at race city, or for that matter if your insurance company finds out somehow that you compete at race city, you are not covered under their policy and they will boot you off even if you compete and don't crash.

Bottom line is that's a great party line man, "keep it to the track", but the people that control some of the greater issues do not set it up as being a greater alternative.

Also, what is talked about in this article is not street racing...it is two kids lining up at a red light. It is articles like this that give actual street racing a bad name. Do I think street racing is a good idea? no, of course not, that's a stupid question. But do I think that the people that choose to street race deserve to get ragged on because of an incident like this? no. There is a huge difference between racing somewhere without control with cross streets and traffic lights, and racing somewhere with a 1/4 mile plus deserted stretch with two way radios and people watching for traffic...could an incident like this still happen? yes, although the chances of there being six people in the car are slim to none.

there are lots of reasons you could come up with to hate street racing in the form that it is presented here...and I agree with most of them...but come up with something better than "street racers are idiots" because that's been said a thousand times...but if what you see this race as an example of is street racing, then everyone has done it...don't deny that you have left a light with more speed than normal to try to show that kid that reved his POS honda at you that he should park it...cus everyone has done it at least once.

nosegrindR
06-01-2004, 10:01 AM
there are lots of reasons you could come up with to hate street racing in the form that it is presented here...and I agree with most of them...but come up with something better than "street racers are idiots" because that's been said a thousand times...but if what you see this race as an example of is street racing, then everyone has done it...don't deny that you have left a light with more speed than normal to try to show that kid that reved his POS honda at you that he should park it...cus everyone has done it at least once.

i agree with you here, and on my previous post i have admitted to doing this before, i think everybody has, but doing this on a main street is pretty stupid. It's like trying to race down 17th ave (if you're from calgary) an ANY time of the day, you're an idiot if you do this.:guns: :guns:

sasukekun
06-01-2004, 05:20 PM
hahahahahaha

a sunbird, and a honda civic racing, with 6 people in each car.

Too bad I wasn't there, I imagine it would've looked something like this:
http://video1.azsupersport.com/ricervid.wmv

:D

keroppi
06-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Whoever thinks of road race in a Pontiac Sunbird is enough an idiot! :dunno:
My sister (a mother of two) was used to drive an old Sunbird and even she thinks the Sunbird is an underpower crap.

403Gemini
06-02-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by sasukekun
hahahahahaha

a sunbird, and a honda civic racing, with 6 people in each car.

Too bad I wasn't there, I imagine it would've looked something like this:
http://video1.azsupersport.com/ricervid.wmv

:D

haha thats a funny video :D

condolences to the family but 6 peeps in each car? wtf!

GingeRRRBeef
06-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Let's see

Civic + Sunbird + 12 people + street races + high speeds == a long fucking time

Go4Long
06-02-2004, 07:27 AM
it'd be like watching two semi trailers, two loaded semi trailers racing...:zzz:

bksze
06-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Although this may not have been the smartest thing for those kids to do, I think you guys are cmoing down a little hard on them. After all, they obviously weren't the smartest people to get into a car with 5 other ppl and start racing, but they were still people, with futures (Ryan was a competitor in tae kwon do and was recognized by Jean Chretien for his contribution to the sport) and now they are dead people.. Regardless, I'm not getting into the middle of a debate of who's right or wrong, but a little compassion may be necessary for those of you with "zero tolerance for this kinda crap". No one's perfect.

Go4Long
06-02-2004, 12:01 PM
:werd: I agree man...as is clearly evident by my posts...was it a stupid idea...hell yeah...have we all done stupid things...f*ckin rights...unfortunately the consequences of this mistake were a little bit more final than anyone really likes to see

403Gemini
06-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by bksze
Although this may not have been the smartest thing for those kids to do, I think you guys are cmoing down a little hard on them. After all, they obviously weren't the smartest people to get into a car with 5 other ppl and start racing, but they were still people, with futures (Ryan was a competitor in tae kwon do and was recognized by Jean Chretien for his contribution to the sport) and now they are dead people.. Regardless, I'm not getting into the middle of a debate of who's right or wrong, but a little compassion may be necessary for those of you with "zero tolerance for this kinda crap". No one's perfect.

this forum has VERY little tolerance for street racing

roopi
06-03-2004, 12:17 PM
http://www.canada.com/vancouver/globaltv/story.html?id=f6039033-08ff-4c36-9180-305f19cf64eb

Go4Long
06-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
this forum has VERY little tolerance for street racing

this forum just barely allows people to acknowledge it's existance....I am all for trying to seperate yourself from the scene, because this website isn't about that...but to just say beyond members do not participate in street racing is silly. I have been out there, and I have seen the stickers on the cars.