PDA

View Full Version : June Job

liquid1010
05-31-2004, 11:59 AM
I basically only have June off, after uni classes are finished.... so I'm wondering if there are any places that hire for a month? I dont care what kind of Job...I just need cash. Any ideas?

Thanks.

ZorroAMG
05-31-2004, 12:14 PM
Just get a summer job and lie....doubtful you'll find a job for one month...who wants to hire and train someone for a 30 day stint?

roopi
05-31-2004, 12:40 PM
Like he said. Just apply for the job and don't tell them that you are looking for a 1 month position.

No one is going to hire you for 1 month. Unless it is an event like the Stampede. Maybe try that little carnival thing they have on your way out to Banff. Calaway park???
:dunno:

3G
05-31-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by roopi
Like he said. Just apply for the job and don't tell them that you are looking for a 1 month position.

No one is going to hire you for 1 month. Unless it is an event like the Stampede. Maybe try that little carnival thing they have on your way out to Banff. Calaway park???
:dunno:

Calaway Park...It's a shitty place but they're pretty desperate. Try there!

ZorroAMG
05-31-2004, 01:54 PM
Or you could be a shooter girl at the Stampede...:D Jk

Shaolin
05-31-2004, 02:00 PM
Temp agencies will hire you.. a few years back I temped every 2 weeks or so until I told them I wasn't looking for anymore work.

Check officeteam or accountemps.. they pay reasonably well.. I was averaging about 15 an hour, and I was working for different companies every 2 weeks basically filling employees who were going on vacation.

QuasarCav
05-31-2004, 02:17 PM
Warehouse.

They go through people quicker than socks and they pay about 10-12 depending on where.

Try Westfair and you get to use those neato headsets.
Try Co-op and you'll see a fight daily.

Take your choice!

liquid1010
05-31-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Warehouse.

They go through people quicker than socks and they pay about 10-12 depending on where.

Try Westfair and you get to use those neato headsets.
Try Co-op and you'll see a fight daily.

Take your choice!

Will they hire me for just a month? I'd rather not lie to get the job.... :dunno:

Weapon_R
05-31-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by liquid1010

Will they hire me for just a month? I'd rather not lie to get the job.... :dunno:

No one will hire for only a month. Most employees will take about 2 weeks to learn the ropes, and so that leaves the employers with only two weeks of actual productivity - who in their right mind would put all those resources to training an employee, only to have them quit after a month...

liquid1010
05-31-2004, 10:25 PM
I've worked at jobs for 3 weeks before. Basic labour jobs.... no training neccesary ;) It's just a matter of finding those jobs.