PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Dilemma!

max
05-31-2004, 02:02 PM
I just sold my car and haven't found the right car yet. To maintain my 4 years of continuous coverage, I was thinking of being added on as an occaisional driver on someone else's policy until I find the right car.

Here's my question:

if you're going to be added as an occaisonal driver on a policy, do you have to live at the same address?

max_boost
05-31-2004, 02:29 PM
Is there an affect on your coverage if you terminate your policy for the short term?

No you do not have to live at the same address.

max
05-31-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Is there an affect on your coverage if you terminate your policy for the short term?

No you do not have to live at the same address.

Hey Sam, it's Long :)

I kept asking the agent how long I could go without coverage. She wouldn't give me a straight answer.
The thing that pisses me off the most is that even though I have coverage on my motorcyle, it doesn't count towards having continuous coverage. Insurance is such a scam

Thanks for the reply

max_boost
05-31-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by max

Hey Sam, it's Long :)

I kept asking the agent how long I could go without coverage. She wouldn't give me a straight answer.
The thing that pisses me off the most is that even though I have coverage on my motorcyle, it doesn't count towards having continuous coverage. Insurance is such a scam

Thanks for the reply LOL:rofl: Your agent sounds so shady! What company do you deal with?

The only issue regarding continuous coverage I am aware about is, when you are dropped from your policy for whatever reason (too many tickets, accidents, if you leave the country for a while etc). In your case, you are searching for a new car so it shouldn't apply.

benyl
05-31-2004, 04:05 PM
with my insurance company, AllState, you can't go longer than 6 months without coverage. Also, being an occassional driver doesn't count... you have to be the primary driver.