PDA

View Full Version : Nubbish question, speaker setup...

Mason
05-31-2004, 06:11 PM
I recently got a new deck, 4 channel, and I have a 6 speaker setup. I have no amp/sub/etc, so I have a problem. When I try to adjust my bass, it doesn't fully utilize my 6.5"s in the front doors. My previous 6.5"s (stock) had a hell of a lot more bass than what's coming out of them now. The 3.5"s in my dash are pumping about as much bass as my new Pioneer 6.5"s it feels like. What's the easiest way to get more bass to my 6.5"s?

This is where I feel newbish...when I got my 3.5"s and 6.5"s installed, they said they put in a crossover, to take out some of the bass from my 3.5"s to extend the life of them. Not sure if that makes a difference.

When I fade the sound back, the bass in my back speakers increases, but the doors stay about the same.

duukiey
05-31-2004, 07:06 PM
if you had them profetionaly installed they more then likely capped everything, thats what they do i have no idea why, personaly i think that it sounds horrible, so take your speakers out if you can and see it there is a capasitor on the 6.5's, my be tis there probaly is... other than that, you couls try disconecting your 3.5's, that could help as well...

-mike-

spike98
05-31-2004, 07:50 PM
I would dissconnect the 3.5's and just run the 6.5's and the rears.

The 3.5's aren't good for much. If you are really concernd about bass the get a subwoofer. You are not going to yield good low end response from a fullrange speaker. If you don't need much just a little more then get a 10" and a small 200w amp. If you buy used you can get something decent for about $300.

Weapon_R
05-31-2004, 08:06 PM
Your best bet would be to buy a 4 channel external amplifier, and run your 4 speakers off of that and the other two off your stereo. You will not only gain a WORLD of difference in sound quality (trust me, most factory stereo amps are terrible when you install a high quality external amplifier), but you will also fully power your speakers and get that sound you are looking for.

I highly recommend PPi as a speaker amplifier - they sound very good. If you want higher quality, check out the marketplace - one member is selling a used ZAPCO amplifier, and you can't purchase anything much better than Zapco.