PDA

View Full Version : Car worth holding on to...???

SleeperD
06-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Of all the cars that u would like to buy or have already.....what car do u think(that is with in price range) would be the car that u would hold onto till u could maybe give it to your son or something...????

Just wondering

two cars that i would love to have and would probably keep is..

an older Z.....or a older porsche

i think that both of those cars just like just hold alot to them...what do u guys think

:thumbsup:

Euro_Trash
06-01-2004, 12:30 AM
96 Porsche Carrera
95 Corrado
Some old musclecar (im helping restore a 1970 Mustang Boss, chevelle engine and such, man its gonna be sweet, i wouldnt mind driving that)
E36 M3

hjr
06-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
96 Porsche Carrera
95 Corrado
Some old musclecar (im helping restore a 1970 Mustang Boss, chevelle engine and such, man its gonna be sweet, i wouldnt mind driving that)
E36 M3 im not sure why you picked those specific cars.

A 96 carrera is nothing special. A 993 turbo is better, but still there are a few around.
A corrado vr6 is nice and all, but is there something perticularly special about the 95?
Lots of older muscle cars are not worth the dollars it takes to restore them. It needs to be a rare numbers matching car to be even worth considering
the E30 M3's are a far rarer car than the e36, which would lead to it being a better collector car. Rarity helps the value. The e36 was fairly mass produced relative to the e30.

the vehicles you talked about are nice and all but im not so convinced on collector value.

Euro_Trash
06-01-2004, 12:55 AM
Im not going on value or rarity, and what is not rare now might later get rarer:
96 Carrera is just one of my favorite Porsches, nice body style, plenty fast, and it being "nothing special" I would still drool over one if I saw it.
95 Corrado, not a huge amount were made, newest so VW had the most experience with, fixed any problems, and also since its the newest, less rust etc. then you would find on for say a 90 G60.
For the muscle car, Im not saying it is cheap or whatever to restore, I know they arent, but its still sweet to see a mint one driving around, looking like it just came from the dealership.
E36 M3 I think will be stylish for years to come, wont lose its appeal.
I didnt really pick my cars for collector value, I picked what I would want to give my kid, or just have when Im older. I think thats what SleeperD was going for wasnt he? If not, then oops. The older Z-cars arent exactly collector cars are they?
What would you pick hjr?

hjr
06-01-2004, 01:10 AM
i thought the cars you listed were rare in some way, rather than just being cool in general.

dkny_stylez
06-01-2004, 09:18 AM
90-96 300zx

Lennon
06-01-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
96 Porsche Carrera
95 Corrado
E36 M3

Originally posted by dkny_stylez
90-96 300zx

All those are too damn much.

We're talkin the under $15,000 range here. I personally like the older Zed's. (duh) But I also like the really older zeds, like the 280Z or any of those bosy styles.

T5_X
06-01-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by hjr
im not sure why you picked those specific cars.
The e36 was fairly mass produced relative to the e36.

Busted haha

Anyway, I've always been lurking around a ton of classified sites waiting for a manual 850R or T5R. Extremely rare, already worth 5 grand more on the market than thier automatic counterparts.

Lennon
06-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by T5_X

Busted haha

Anyway, I've always been lurking around a ton of classified sites waiting for a manual 850R or T5R. Extremely rare, already worth 5 grand more on the market than thier automatic counterparts.

But those are still Volvo's? A little "old manish" dontcha think?

SleeperD
06-01-2004, 09:30 AM
well there are cars that u collect and there are cars that u love....like i find that cars that u collect are more cars that u fix up so they are like show rooms cars....but the cars that u love...are cars that u fix up ....but u cant stop driving it...u just love taking it out on the road....and your not afraid to...i am more looking for cars like that...BUT if u find that collecter cars are the same to u then that is fine as well....but like.....it just comes back to what your tast is.....like i would reather have a nice old Z then like a old charger that i fixed up.....sorta heading off topic a bit.....its just what ever your tast is.........only main thing is, are those cars with in your reach....and would u give a car that u dumped 40,000 into to your son................

Euro_Trash
06-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Haha yea I guess those would be cars I want in my garage, not in the hands of my teenager:tongue:

D'z Nutz
06-01-2004, 11:01 AM
My dad was bitching and complaining the other day about the same thing. Back in the day he used to go through those old American muscle cars like shoes. Cars he bought back then brand new went for around $2500. Now the very same cars he used to own sell for anything between $40K-$90K depending on the car and condition.

limecorrado
06-01-2004, 11:28 AM
opel Gt

Ben
06-01-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by hjr
i thought the cars you listed were rare in some way, rather than just being cool in general.
Not Saying the Corrado is a rad collecters car, personally I'd rather have a 930 Turbo, but the 1995 Corrado was not available in the USA, it was very rare in terms of production for Canada, only brought in 500. Corrados ceased in the USA as the 1994 Corrado SLC VR6. Try finding a 95, they are few and far between, haha.

T5_X
06-01-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Lennon

But those are still Volvo's? A little "old manish" dontcha think?

Nope, quickest FWD in the world until the SRT4 came out... probably still the fastest top speed wise, as the 250 km/hr "official" number is BS.

http://home.swipnet.se/850-styling/gall/800/gall8_m20.jpg

Lennon
06-01-2004, 03:31 PM
Sorry man, still looks a little like an old mans ride to me. Sure its fast, but styling is out the window.

SleeperD
06-01-2004, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Euro_Trash
Haha yea I guess those would be cars I want in my garage, not in the hands of my teenager:tongue: [/QUOTE

"hey dad we are just going to take the old charger out to the movies....and then a party......"

yaaaaaaaaaaa.....i dont think so

T5_X
06-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Lennon
Sorry man, still looks a little like an old mans ride to me. Sure its fast, but styling is out the window.

I dont buy cars as an outlet to whore attention upon myself. The 850R looks deadly to me, the popular image of cars are set by people who know nothing about them, people whose opinions mean shit all.

Ben
06-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by T5_X

I dont buy cars as an outlet to whore attention upon myself. The 850R looks deadly to me, the popular image of cars are set by people who know nothing about them, people whose opinions mean shit all.

Best post re: car styling I've read in a while...

sick of all the lable whores doing up thier civics and shit thinking they are the best looking car on the planet.

A2VR6
06-01-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Not Saying the Corrado is a rad collecters car, personally I'd rather have a 930 Turbo, but the 1995 Corrado was not available in the USA, it was very rare in terms of production for Canada, only brought in 500. Corrados ceased in the USA as the 1994 Corrado SLC VR6. Try finding a 95, they are few and far between, haha.

Actually believe it or not there were less than 200 (I think there was 172 that officially made it to Canada not sure) 1995 Corrado's brought into North America and none of them made it to the states. 1995's are really sought after by people in the US because it is the only Corrado they can import from Canada. The US spec corrado's got the crappy automatic seatbelts that everyone hated vs. the manual ones we got.

GT2NV
06-01-2004, 10:45 PM
the early 90's bmw M3's would be my choice:D