PDA

View Full Version : Poll:court Or Not?

redline_13000
10-19-2002, 03:34 AM
Well ppl...my day started out as normal..woke up..went to school...came back home..THEN i was on the way to a friends place, i then proceeded to turn into an alley. when i got to the end of the alley to make a u-turn..i look outa my left window and see a nice big white hood...:thumbsdow ..well the cop gets out...starts searching my car...makes me put my hands and keys on the roof..then starts to insult me...then he hands me 2 tickets (unreasonable rate of speed, turn with no signal) so he gives some more insults...his partner is opening my doors and looking around..then he says he could have giving me about 600$ worth of tickets and i could have lost my license for wreckless driving..i asked him why i got pulled over he says "why dont i just write u another ticket then u will know" i told him i didnt want another one nicely...then he says "how about u tell me why u got pulled over" i told him i had no idea..then he says "well i were driving at an ESTIMATED 30 over the speed limit..then turned into the alley with no signal..his partner then said "dont even try taking this to court we have evidence and notes:dunno: that can make u lose ur license..the cop also told me he stopped me because he thought i stole the vehicle because of the way i was driving and the dent on the back...can they actually bring other things up? for example that i was driving wrecklessly? or what can they do...what do u all suggest i do on the matter?..thanks

To top off my night..at that same damn alley intersection i got stopped...i took it a little to fast ( i was pissed off and not thinking:banghead: ) and managed to lift my two driver side wheels about 3 feet off the ground...one more cm and i woulda rolled...but i turned to the right and landed back on the ground hard:banghead: :banghead: ...what a bad day:(:dunno:

finboy
10-19-2002, 03:36 AM
:bullshit:

take it to court.

abuse of power.

redline_13000
10-19-2002, 03:44 AM
will the cop be able to bring up the wreckless driving?

bosa
10-19-2002, 10:17 AM
:bullshit:

Cops these days are dumb as hell.I agree with Finboy, and Weapon R,take it to court. And how much do you owe in tickets?

Stratus_Power
10-19-2002, 11:38 AM
take it to court.. wats the wrost that could happen? they give u another 600 bucks worth of ticket? for wat.. not having a Map in your map pocket?

szw
10-19-2002, 01:09 PM
Take it to court, I want to go and watch too! If you weren't exaggerating, it sounds like total BS.

Hipermax_d
10-19-2002, 02:23 PM
take it to court
you did nothing wrong

redline_13000
10-19-2002, 05:20 PM
nope wasnt exaggerating...i owe 140 dollars in the tickets..thats not what im worried about...i hear that my probationary license only has 10 demerits..i think with these and one other ticket im at about 6...would the cop be able to bring anything else up and give me more tickets? or make me lose my license as he said?:dunno:

finboy
10-19-2002, 08:11 PM
no, if he did, the courts would throw it out.

szw
10-19-2002, 10:35 PM
What people are saying is probably true, but if I were you, I would find out for sure first. Either call points and ask if they can bring it up, or go to a police station and ask, anything...If you go to the police station and ask, then you have even better evidence to bring with you to make that cop look like a fool. haha

Dope Dealer
10-19-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000
nope wasnt exaggerating...i owe 140 dollars in the tickets..thats not what im worried about...i hear that my probationary license only has 10 demerits..i think with these and one other ticket im at about 6...would the cop be able to bring anything else up and give me more tickets? or make me lose my license as he said?:dunno:

I was told there is only 9 demerits, but I also heard another person say there was 10 demerits on a probationary license?

max_boost
10-19-2002, 11:48 PM
Oh man, where was a tape recorder when you need one? you probably could have got those two fag cops fired!:guns:

dj_honda
10-20-2002, 12:06 AM
if u know anyone whos a lawyer talk to them about exactly what u should do....i would take this very seriously....if it happened to me that some cops were doin that.

redline_13000
10-20-2002, 04:09 AM
ya i was wishing i had a tape recorder....can i go to the police station and ask? will they use anything i say against me or what?

Weapon_R
10-20-2002, 04:43 AM
I honestly think you should make a complaint about the officers at the police station. If everything is true, you should be the person to make sure they dont do it again. While I realize they took advantage of you because you were young etc, it shouldn't just end at that man.

infamous
10-20-2002, 04:47 AM
i agree...make a complaint, and make sure that you hand it to a sargeant...they shouldn't be allowed to pull shit like that...

kaput
10-20-2002, 12:57 PM

szw
10-20-2002, 01:48 PM
How did they "insult" you?

infamous
10-20-2002, 02:17 PM
then starts to insult me..so he gives some more insults...his partner is opening my doors and looking around...i asked him why i got pulled over he says "why dont i just write u another ticket then u will know" i told him i didnt want another one nicely...then he says "how about u tell me why u got pulled over" i told him i had no idea..his partner then said "dont even try taking this to court we have evidence and notes:dunno: that can make u lose ur license..the cop also told me he stopped me because he thought i stole the vehicle because of the way i was driving and the dent on the back.

that's how they insulted him...to me it sounds like he was treated like shit...for no apparent reason at that...

szw
10-20-2002, 03:21 PM
Well for the "unlawful search" thing...as long as they have a suspicion, they can do whatever they want I think. Its pretty open. They could just say he turned into an alley trying to avoid the cops, so they thought it might have been stolen. It doesn't actually have to be reported stolen for them to have suspicion.

Aside from that...i've mentioned other things already. The moron and stuff like that is uncalled for.

Now where is the bystander with the video tape during this? Maybe if it were in the states!

mwmhong
10-20-2002, 04:25 PM
Maybe the part with you getting your drivers-side wheels 3 feet (!!!!)off the ground is what set them off.......that is kinda crazy! :dunno:

redline_13000
10-20-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong
Maybe the part with you getting your drivers-side wheels 3 feet (!!!!)off the ground is what set them off.......that is kinda crazy! :dunno:

haha no man that didnt happen at the time of the tickets..it happened later that night on the same corner

redline_13000
10-21-2002, 01:22 AM
now a poll

James
10-21-2002, 01:28 AM
If what you Said is all true, dont put up with that Shit, go to court.

redline_13000
10-21-2002, 01:48 AM
thanks buh_buh!:thumbsup:

T5_X
10-21-2002, 01:52 AM
Are you part of a racial minority? Just wondering, not implying anything yet on the officer's part.
Definitly talk to pointts or a lawyer. I had a similar situation last year where I got pulled over for nothing and the cop was a real asshole to me. I ended up getting a $170 ticket for driving without my liscense cause I was driving my parents and aunt home who had a few glasses of wine after we went to a restaurant. :rolleyes: I could have fought it, but I would have had to miss out on school and fly to Vancouver to make the court date :rolleyes: Fucking asshole of a cop that one was. :guns:

redline_13000
10-21-2002, 01:53 AM
ya man i might have been discriminated against..

kenny
10-21-2002, 02:00 AM
Fight the tickets for sure, but all that other crap in between is pretty difficult to make a case with as its the officers words against yours. They definitely did not treat you like they should have, so after fighting the ticket you should probably file a formal complaint against the officer and include all the information about him harassing you in the complaint.

As for cops not allowed to search your vehicles, they can get around that very easily. All they need is "probable grounds" and that just needs to be suspicion. So in otherwords, they can pretty much search any vehicle they want haha.

infamous
10-21-2002, 02:00 AM
well to be honest, if you are of racial decent that is discriminated against, you could have yourself a case. i am not racist by any means, and if you are serious, i would call a lawyer and talk to them...tell them that you feel that you were discriminated against...i have had friends who are of arabic decent, and they were racially discriminated against by the cops...they called their lawyer and stuff and got the cop in big shit..last i heard he got fired or some shit...i dunno...but just a suggestion

BarryBeach
10-21-2002, 02:04 AM

don't worry about demerits ... i have 12 on a probationary liscence ... dude you should write a complaint ... chances are he has done this before ... they do pay attention to complaints they have to!! ... if you goto court you should post the time and day ... i'm sure who ever doesn't work or have school will come down and support you (i know i will)

good luck man

infamous
10-21-2002, 02:10 AM
yeah if i am not busy i would totally come....

redline_13000
10-22-2002, 10:55 AM
ok before i make my decision i just gotta be sure i cant be charged for anything else by the cop or the judge beside the 2 tickets i was given? would i be able to fight the no turn signal any way?...also my speeding ticket states UNREASONABLE RATE OF SPEED...he didnt write that he esmtimated 30 over..how would i fight this one exactly