PDA

View Full Version : Mazda 3 or Honda Civic???

Pages : [1] 2

obiwankenobi
06-01-2004, 08:09 AM
As above. Any comments on which one is better? If you have any other recommendation of the same value, please do advice. Thanks.

obiwankenobi
06-01-2004, 08:10 AM
:whipped: :love: :werd: :hitit: :banghead: :nut: :poosie:

Gonthro
06-01-2004, 08:11 AM
i'd go with the mazda, just because they are lot nicer...

but they're basically the same,

Honda Civic : Everybody has one
Mazda 3 : This time next year they'll be more common than a civic

dkny_stylez
06-01-2004, 08:14 AM
3 for sure

rc2002
06-01-2004, 08:52 AM
Mazda 3 all the way. The only civic that can compare is the SIR and the SIR is way more expensive. The Mazda 3 is one of the best handling cars I've driven and has decent power to boot.

gcycheun
06-01-2004, 09:06 AM
Mazda 3 all the way, so many great options on that car. Better power. Better looks. Better dollar value.

DefektiveVibe
06-01-2004, 09:40 AM
mazda 3 i own a civic...and a mazda 3 may not look as nice but it has more power and better handling etc

C4S
06-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Mazda is way better in and out ..and drive ... price is .. a bit more may be ?

However .. it is unfair .. Honda has a much better name .. and .. better resale ..and more realiable ....

Still I will go for Mazda for sure ..and least .. people will say " nice car ! " rather then saying " oh, another kid drives civic ! )
:)

Moonracer
06-01-2004, 12:11 PM
They are both good cars, go out and test them both and make the decision yourself. :)

Ferio_vti
06-01-2004, 03:25 PM
Civics have better fuel economy, no??
1.7/2L vs 2.0/2.3L

has the Mazda 3 had any problems appear yet?? Its only on its 1st year, so its hard to say.
Civics are on its 4th year for this gen, so most problems have been worked out.

hyperwhite
06-01-2004, 04:29 PM
the mazda 3 is the best deal on the road.:thumbsup:

Seanith
06-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
1.7/2L vs 2.0/2.3L

has the Mazda 3 had any problems appear yet?? Its only on its 1st year, so its hard to say.

Good points. Although i'm a honda fan, I love the new 3s and thats what you should go with.

obiwankenobi
06-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Thanks for your comments guys... it's kinda funny that here in Singapore, people recommend civic compared to 3... personally i like the looks of the 3... anyone knows the resale value of mazda cars?? honda is hard to beat...

i'm planning a test drive towards the end of the month and will let you know the outcome ;)

obiwankenobi
06-01-2004, 07:31 PM
1.7/2L vs 2.0/2.3L

Good point... so far i've heard that the 3 has gearbox problems... but i am not sure whether it has been rectified now... also the downside i heard is low pick up/acceleration..

obiwankenobi
06-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro
i'd go with the mazda, just because they are lot nicer...

but they're basically the same,

Honda Civic : Everybody has one
Mazda 3 : This time next year they'll be more common than a civic

How about in terms of the engine?

toyboy88
06-01-2004, 08:06 PM
mazda 3 is a better bet, and depending on which civic, way cheaper than the civic

MAZDA_SPEED
06-01-2004, 08:09 PM
I've had mine for about two weeks, and I love it, people mistake it for a 3 series....go figure?

The re-sale will only go up for Mazda cars in general, with recent 6's and 3's adding to Mazda's reputation as a first-rate manufacturer.

The engine is peppy, with ample torque 3500 and above, could easily smoke any comparable civic...stay away from the 1st Gen AEM intake, it doesn't fit well.

A better comparison, in my opinion, is Mazda3 Vs. Jetta; the Mazda3 was made with the Jetta as being the benchmark to beat.

I Love my car.

There's no comparison go for the 3 hands down.

cujo_cjc
06-01-2004, 09:20 PM
mazda 3..i think they are much nicer and a more refined car
also cuz they're less common than civics..but that'll change soon.. :(

PGTze
06-01-2004, 10:15 PM
I would go with a Mazda 3 :thumbsup:

cman
06-01-2004, 10:28 PM
i would take the Mazda 3 as well like most other people are saying.

Kamen
06-02-2004, 12:31 AM
I test drove a civic, the 3 and the RX8 for fun last week just to mess around with the tranny hehe

They are both solid economy cars, just test drive them and choose one. Either way, it's your choice man, good luck.

Skyline_Addict
06-03-2004, 06:21 AM
depends what you what.
civic is ever reliable and won't let you down.
but the 3 has current-dollar more value for money.
depreciation is a factor though.
but getting the 3 now, you get significantly better performance....nicer interior.
the exterior looks are questionable though....
but the 3 is a better choice in more ways than not.

obiwankenobi
06-03-2004, 06:25 AM
Besides the looks and performance, is it true to say that the civic has better resale value?

Skyline_Addict
06-03-2004, 06:34 AM
Yes, as does any honda compared with any mazda.
That is the case right now, and should be for quite a while.
So you should keep that in mind.
If resale value is a prominent issue, you should then start considering a civic.
If it's not, get the 3, hands down.
It's got surprisingly good performance, and you can get one for around 16k in canada i believe.
pretty awesome considering the civic SiG, the highest end civic coupe is around 22k.
the civic is a 127 hp 1.7 litre engine while the low end 3 (the 16k one) is i believe a 160, 2.0 litre engine. pretty comparable to the base rsx engine, a much peppier car, in many departments.
if u get the 3 sport, i believe you get a 2.2 litre engine and more power and nicer rims.... for about 2-3 k more, correct me if i'm wrong.
Depends on how you're getting the car too. Straight cash, the 3 is a better deal.
but honda might be able to offer you some better financing/leasing options than mazda.
oh and the 3 comes in pearl white, my fave color, and civics don't.
:D
I drive an Acura EL...trust me 140 horses i'm running at with almost non existant torque makes me want to shoot my foot sometimes. :D
but it looks nice and all the girls think it's fast and sounds nice, so what the hey. :poosie:

obiwankenobi
06-06-2004, 07:48 AM
Skyline_Addict, I see that you're from Korea... what do you think of Korean cars?? It's getting more and more popular here in Singapore but I am still unsure of the quality... (no offense)..

403Gemini
06-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by obiwankenobi
Besides the looks and performance, is it true to say that the civic has better resale value?

yea, just look at like 1990 integras with 250,000's. people try and dish those out for 8k still cause of the name.

if it were up to me, mazda 3. cause i wanna enjoy what i ride in and dont really care to much about resale value. enjoy the car while driving it, dont think 5 yrs down the road cause you'll still get an awesome price for it. you make it sound like you drive a saturn :thumbsup:

Bruce Chan
06-08-2004, 06:12 PM
both are FF car, Honda is more race looking.
Mazda is more sport looking.
If i were you , i will choose the new one, 3.
outlook: mazda 3 betters is bigger, taller, family looking, high class a little bit, and 3 is powerful than civil.
inside, mazda 3 bigger , more comfortable.
:thumbsup:

blitz
06-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Base models (sedan) , 2.0 l 148 hp
GT (sedan) 2.3 L 160 hp, 150 lb.ft
Sport (hatchback) 2.3 L 160 HP, 150 lb.ft

I just picked up my mazda3 GT sedan 5 spd on Friday; couldn't be happier.

It feels much more expensive than it is (power windows/locks/mirrors/moonroof, steering wheel audio controls, rain sensing wipers, keyless entry, 4 wheel disks, ABS, engine immobilizer, antitheft), handles great, and has good power. Sure I see them all the time now, but it's not that bad. And do you really want to sacrifice value for uniqueness? As for resale, it's hard to predict but I don't plan on selling mine for quite some time.

www.mazda3forumns.com is ok (a lot of polls on which sized stubby antenna to get and complaining that HID's and laser beams that scratch your ass from space aren't standard) but there's some informative content in there.
Sunridge Mazda's got tons of the hatchbacks, so I say go for a test drive if you're thinking about it. If you want to buy, go through my salesman and we'll split the $100 referal.

method
06-08-2004, 08:36 PM
mazda is a ford focus with a better engine.

the protege 5 had a much better chassis, but lacked the new ball that the 3 has.

240Pinoylvr
06-08-2004, 08:40 PM
I know.... the FORD word next to Mazda is what deters me to believe the Mazda is a better car. Hopefully the next year will tell how much better their engines have improved. If the car makes it reliable, Honda is in big trouble. They wil still outsell the 3, but they will lose a huge chunk of their market

blitz
06-08-2004, 09:47 PM
The chassi for the mazda3 is also used in the Volvo S40 and European ford focus. So you could say the mazda's a Volvo with a worse engine. Although Ford own's 30 some percent of Mazda, they are separate companies. The mazda3 is fully built and assembled in Japan.

The 2.3 L engine is the same one used in the Mazda6, and has been in service for a few years now with no major defects or problems from what I've heard.

From everything I've heard, the P5 had more of a grassroots/back to basics feel to it, but the MZ3's chassi is supposedly 40% stiffer and more capable overall.

Skyline_Addict
06-09-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by obiwankenobi
Skyline_Addict, I see that you're from Korea... what do you think of Korean cars?? It's getting more and more popular here in Singapore but I am still unsure of the quality... (no offense)..

hahahahaha, korean cars are economical.
they're pretty new, so their catch is making really affordable cars with decent specifications and immensly long warranties.
it's good if you're pinching pennies and don't want to buy a really shitty car, in my opinion.
i would not get one if I had a choice between comparable vehicles, say from honda or nissan.
i'm korean but wouldn't choose to drive a korean car.
japanese all the way - what's the diff, we all look the same, right? :D
the civic aftermarket is enormous, if you're ever considering modifying. i suppose the mazda 3 wouldn't be too bad, other than the fact that it's relatively new, thus a small aftermarket as of now. i like the body of the civic coupe better.
the mazda 3 is a little high and bubblish looking.
other than that subjectiveness, it's is definetely a better car.
=)

mo_money2supe
06-09-2004, 05:03 AM
I own a '93 Civic myself, but it's been in the family since new for ~10 years now. My mom also just bought a 2002 Protege 5 in August 2002. Both cars are great, though I must admit, the Protege 5 is much better in terms of build quality and creature comforts. And with the Mazda 3 bearing more power, I'd definitely recommend the 3 over the new Civics.

HOWEVER, with a mileage on the Civic of 264,xxx + kms, the engine STILL sounds more "solid" than the 2-year old Protege 5's - though there have been some minor problems associated with the Civic's engine (typical with 10+ year old cars). The P5's engine is quieter of course, but we're comparing a new engine to a really old one here, and not to mention better sound insulation, DOHC to SOHC, etc..

But in any case, I still recommend the Mazda 3 over the new Civic. Mazda seems to have found a really good path to take! The only thing I have against Mazdas is that not-so-solid feel to the engine, especially revving up at higher rpms, which might make a difference in the long run.

Anyway, hope I helped in some way. All the best in your car search!

Xtrema
06-09-2004, 08:41 AM
1.7/2L vs 2.0/2.3L

Don't let engine size fools you. Real life fuel economy will varies.

Case in point: my 1.6L 105HP Civic VS my 3.5L 245HP Altima

To drive my torque less Civic, I have to rush the engine a bit, I average 10L/100km. If I drive like a granny, I can squeeze that down to 9L/100km.

My Altima averages only 10.2L/100km, close to 11L/100km if I encounter more bumper to bumper traffic. And I dash around town like a bat out of hell with 245HP ready on my right foot.

So the difference is not as huge as you may think, espeically the 3 and Civic only have less than 0.5L difference in engine size. But the fun of a more powerful engine will definitely worth it.

And back to the topic, I would only choose the new Civic if Honda offers killer deals on it (which I think they are) or there are Civic specific aftermarket look you're going after.

If you're keeping it stock, a Mazda 3 is a WAY WAY better choice.

And sale figure speak for itself:
For May 2004, Honda sales dropped 21%, Mazda increased 24%.

Skyline_Addict
06-09-2004, 08:03 PM
:werd:
you get more car for less money.
it makes sense in that regard.

you can't go wrong with either car.

bighead2267
06-09-2004, 11:50 PM
i won't recommend a civic(new model), first, they made in US/Canada(asia version may be made in Thailand), why paying extra for just the enblem(since all the parts are OEM now aday)we buy a japanese brand b'coz of their build quality not just the name. the new civic structure seems really weak(not as strong/solid as before)and i've heard a big problem, the new civic struct have leaking problem, although it's cover warranty, but it still cost the buyer alot of hassle, if u really wanna compare, i would use the mitsubishi lancer to compare the Mazda 3, fo rme Civic is a car that down to a Neon grade.

have to mention nothing offense about ppl driving civic right now. i used to drive and own a civic too. nice car, easy to handle, long lasting, there is million of advantage driving it or own one, however, it's before means history.

u know why Honda and Acura reduce the interest rate now? i think they realize they dont' sell as good as before now. so they've to join the LOW INTEREST¡¥RATE club.

mazda is a pretty amazing company. although their auto tranny is usually the common problem, but they seems like set their goal is more tend to like Euro handling car compare to all other jap's manufacture.......

i'm more tend to like the Korean car. although their parts source have horrible(some rare parts have to wait more than months), but those korean manufacture is really aggressive now aday. at least they've maintain their quality and willing to learn from all the reputable manufacture like Lotus, Misubishi etc..........if the budget is tight and not concerning the resale value, korean car is another best buy these days...........

gpomp
06-10-2004, 12:02 AM
I must be missing something here... Everyone in this thead says the Mazda 3 is better than the Civic yet the Civic remains the best selling car in Canada? :dunno:

Akagi Redsuns
06-10-2004, 12:11 AM
Everyone just wants to be part of the "Civic Nation" :rofl:

gpomp
06-10-2004, 12:19 AM
I drive a Civic and I think they're gay cuz so many jackasses drive them. If it were up to me I'd get the hybrid Civic.

Skyline_Addict
06-10-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
I must be missing something here... Everyone in this thead says the Mazda 3 is better than the Civic yet the Civic remains the best selling car in Canada? :dunno:

read between the lines.
it is the best selling car at this point, in that in has sold the most units so far.
it does not say that sales are declining and that civics aren't being bought as much and subsequently have the potential to be taken over.

Xtrema
06-10-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by gpomp

Wake up.

Sales of the Mazda3 totalled 2,510 in January, passing the Civic, which has perennially been the No.1 passenger car in Canada, show sales numbers compiled by DesRosiers Automotive Consultants Inc.

Sales of the Civic totalled 2,467, off 25.4 per cent from the previous January.

Also

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/040413-1.htm

Civic Nation No More......

The number of Mazda 3 is increasing almost 10% a month while Civic continue to decline. This is impressive since the 3 only hit the road late 2003.

Problem with current gen Civic (list in severity):
- Under power (127HP on top model(Not counting the ugly hatch), What year is this, 1994?) The 2.0L 160HP powerplant should be available to all Civic.

- Boring styling (inside and out), although the new headlights does improve it.

- Where's my front wishbone? What makes Civics awesome is gone from this gen.

Don't get me wrong, Civic is still a good grocery getter and if you throw some series cash at it, you can rice it up to a pretty unique ride. But as for bang for the $, 3 run circles around it.

Honda needs to do this for the next Civc:

- 160HP 2L engine across all platform as top engine. 1.8L 140HP as base.
- Drop the hatch, add a wagon
- 5 speed tiptronic shifter option
- Do not recycle the styling.

Skyline_Addict
06-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Wake up.

Also

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/040413-1.htm

Civic Nation No More......

The number of Mazda 3 is increasing almost 10% a month while Civic continue to decline. This is impressive since the 3 only hit the road late 2003.

Problem with current gen Civic (list in severity):
- Under power (127HP on top model(Not counting the ugly hatch), What year is this, 1994?) The 2.0L 160HP powerplant should be available to all Civic.

- Boring styling (inside and out), although the new headlights does improve it.

- Where's my front wishbone? What makes Civics awesome is gone from this gen.

Don't get me wrong, Civic is still a good grocery getter and if you throw some series cash at it, you can rice it up to a pretty unique ride. But as for bang for the $, 3 run circles around it.

Honda needs to do this for the next Civc:

- 160HP 2L engine across all platform as top engine. 1.8L 140HP as base.
- Drop the hatch, add a wagon
- 5 speed tiptronic shifter option
- Do not recycle the styling.

there is something very charming about this thread that makes me come back!
:D

NOWHERE
06-10-2004, 07:07 PM
mazda 3 for sure

240Pinoylvr
06-10-2004, 11:19 PM
Honestly, the civic will NEVER be Neon grade... that ludacris

Dode's cars are so poorly put together, its no comarison to anything

Anyway, my DREAM commute car?

1993 Honda Civic EX 4-Door 5 speed

that car was zippy, quick, reliable, great on gas, and put together very solidly. i added an intake and exhaust on it, and man, it was as quick as i needed to be cor a commuter carI rear ended a Ford Explorer in heavy rain, and we all 4 (in my car) walked away. the people int he explorer had their seatbelts on and 2 people broke bones. funny, my car was totaled, but it did its job and valiantly protected us.

when i close the door to a 2001+ Civic, i feel this sense of insecurity to the car. its WAYYY too bouncy on bad bumps, and even though it has the same horsepower rating (if nto off by 1 or 2 horses) it feels WAYY sluggish.

So i second your opinion as the newer civic being crap.

Seanith
06-11-2004, 11:39 AM
why the fuck would you want a civic wagon instead of a hatch? :dunno:

Xtrema
06-11-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
why the fuck would you want a civic wagon instead of a hatch? :dunno:

Why do people buy Civic Sedan and not Coupe?

Seanith
06-11-2004, 12:24 PM
because it has 4 doors. wagons are just hurtin'. if you need to haul stuff don't get a civic.

3Wheeler
06-19-2004, 02:32 AM
Hey Folks,

Just joined the site tonight. First thing I did, I searched on Mazda3 . Second and third, I found and read this thread. Fourth thing? That I’m doing “as we speak” -- typing this post.

You see, I’m a Mazda3 owner, and -- I admit it freely to anyone who’ll listen -- I am in love with my car. I’m so in love with my car, I wish I could somehow get her into my apartment, where I’d know she’d be safe, and I could look at her all the time. Hell, I’m so in love with my car, if I wasn’t already divorced (take note all available women out there :love: ), I soon could be.

Now, among all the thread’s praise for the 3 -- which could have been more exuberant, in my view -- there were also a few negative glances at my sweetheart’s looks.

Personally (being the completely unbiased fellow that I am), I think the car is drop dead gorgeous. Once you get her properly turned out, her appearance is hard to beat, even if you spent a lot more money. It has a “fresh” and sophisticated look to it. Continually look at her from different angles, and be continually rewarded with artistic subtlety.

Oh, she sure does drive nice, too -- WooHoo!! ****

And finally, the reason I wrote in the first place: I think this thread needs 3 pics.

3Wheeler
06-19-2004, 02:34 AM
Here's another.:love:

3Wheeler
06-19-2004, 02:37 AM
Last one. (Don't be sad, I have more.)

C4S
06-19-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

read between the lines.
it is the best selling car at this point, in that in has sold the most units so far.
it does not say that sales are declining and that civics aren't being bought as much and subsequently have the potential to be taken over.

:) :) yes yes AGREE !

... again, Civic is a good car, and with long history, and if you ask a 60 yr old lady, she knows about civic .. that is one reason they r selling so well .. they can sell, just because they are civics, and since Honda knows that more then anyone does, they dont' need to put the best engine, tranny, or suspension set up for the civics anymore, because they can .. SELL ! and they r still fine cars !

FOr Mazda, they are "under-dog" and they did amazing job on the Mazda 3 ! beautiful look, strong engine, amazing suspension ... their Target ? to Steal customer from Civic/Corolla.

Again, Civic will still out sell Mazda for next many yrs ... just like if you ask a 60 yr old chinese lady to buy a civic or Mazda 3, she wont' even think of Mazda ! :nut:

Best selling ? I think the Best selling car in Canada is CaraVan .. so .. does it mean that is the Best Car in Canada ? better then a small selling volume Lamboghini ? :dunno:

anyway, obiwankenobi, don't know if you bought a car yet or not, driving is believing ! go do some test drives ! :)

Akagi Redsuns
06-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by 3Wheeler
snip..................

Now, among all the thread’s praise for the 3 -- which could have been more exuberant, in my view -- there were also a few negative glances at my sweetheart’s looks.

Personally (being the completely unbiased fellow that I am), I think the car is drop dead gorgeous.............snip

Brave man for buying a car in it's 1st year in production in North America.

In any case, I loved the 3 from the pictures, until I saw one in person. The sedan I like better than the hatch because of it's more normal nose. The hatch reminds me of the nose of the PT Cruiser, too sharp.

The sedan looks great and I love the interior, but why does it look so narrow and tall when looked at from the rear straight on. Saw one beside a Echo and it had a similar stance. Ick!!! It's the lights being too high and gives it that look I think, I dunno. Not a good angle.

Glad you like it and hope you continue to enjoy the car.

talonted
06-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Go with the 3, alot nicer looking car even to start with, and way fewer people drive them

88CRX
06-19-2004, 01:37 PM
i vote for the new civic sir :bigpimp:

type are bumpers :thumbsup:

Kamen
06-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
i vote for the new civic sir :bigpimp:

type are bumpers :thumbsup:

Sweet car, but overpriced.
Type are bumpers? :rofl:

Skyline_Addict
06-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Kamen

Sweet car, but overpriced.
Type are bumpers? :rofl:

another flaw(s) of getting a civic, well pointed out.

1.overpriced.

2.owners can't spell.:D

3Wheeler
06-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Hey Akagi,

You said:

Brave man for buying a car in it's 1st year in production in North America.

First, I thought the 3 was put together in Japan. In fact, someone who should know told me that.:confused:

Second, I hear it's the best selling car in the world right now. Are you saying that all of us buyers are maybe a few bricks short of a load for buying first year? Boy, if that became mainstream opinion, the car companies would have a tough go trying to introduce new models.

You also said:

In any case, I loved the 3 from the pictures, until I saw one in person.

For me, I haven't seen (& I've looked) any pictures that really do them justice -- way, way better in person in my view.

And finally, you said:

The sedan looks great and I love the interior, but why does it look so narrow and tall when looked at from the rear straight on. Saw one beside a Echo and it had a similar stance. Ick!!! It's the lights being too high and gives it that look I think, I dunno. Not a good angle.

Gee, when I see mine from the back, it's a total winner. I don't know if you've seen all the models -- I think there are three. They have three sizes of wheels (15, 16, and 17 inch), and different bumpers, lights, engines, side mouldings, grills, and various other frills.

I don't have a shot from the rear angle you refer to, just these two. :)

3Wheeler
06-20-2004, 12:19 AM

Seanith
06-20-2004, 12:48 AM
Hes right, they do look kinda awkard from the rear. Especially the hatches. The tails look out of place imo.

Akagi Redsuns
06-20-2004, 01:14 AM
Hey Akagi,

You said:

First, I thought the 3 was put together in Japan. In fact, someone who should know told me that.:confused:

Second, I hear it's the best selling car in the world right now. Are you saying that all of us buyers are maybe a few bricks short of a load for buying first year? Boy, if that became mainstream opinion, the car companies would have a tough go trying to introduce new models.
.....snip

Yes they are assembled in Japan, but this is the 1st year they are making a "US/Canada" spec Mazda 3, so there is always bound to be some teething issues, like the faulty airbag sensors for one and faulty fuel pumps.

I said you are brave to buy a 1st year model, not crazy. Sheesh....The reason they sell inspite of this is because everyone wants to be the 1st on thier block to own one. New models and styles will always attract buyers willing to take that risk to drive the newest toys.

snip.............Gee, when I see mine from the back, it's a total winner. I don't know if you've seen all the models -- I think there are three. They have three sizes of wheels (15, 16, and 17 inch), and different bumpers, lights, engines, side mouldings, grills, and various other frills.

I don't have a shot from the rear angle you refer to, just these two. :)

Yours doesn't have that problem, noticed that you have the bodykit and in the rear, it attaches to the rear bumper and makes it look lower to the ground then the other models. So I should revise my comment that it looks ok provided you have the GFX package, otherwise, tall and skinny :)

3Wheeler
06-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Hey Akagi,

Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
.....there is always bound to be some teething issues, like the faulty airbag sensors for one and faulty fuel pumps.

I hadn't heard of any problems (only owned for 1 month, and don't exactly keep in the loop)....I'll definitely check out the airbag sensor issue, as I have two kids on the verge of activating the thing.

Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
Yours doesn't have that problem, noticed that you have the bodykit and in the rear, it attaches to the rear bumper and makes it look lower to the ground then the other models. So I should revise my comment that it looks ok provided you have the GFX package, otherwise, tall and skinny :)

Fair enough, Akagi. I've never really looked at the other sedan models closely, so I don't really know the extent of their differences from the GFX. I know that many of them seem somehow "plainer" than mine, but haven't taken the time to figure out exactly why yet. Once I get my Eibachs in, then we'll be talking! :D
~3W

jtsimaras
07-28-2004, 01:56 PM
BUY AN SIR---much better build Quality loaded, unique and cheaper than the top of the line 3. Drive both and you will see what I mean.

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

O_J
07-28-2004, 03:03 PM
yeah you want "unique" get the new civic SIR, i think they look awsome and who really cares what other think cause you drive a civic or some import they're just jealous, they are great cars and all this civic bashing is getting really old anyways noone really cares anymore.:whocares:

but for price of the mazda 3 you really can't go wrong if you're tight on budget lol:thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
07-28-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by jtsimaras
BUY AN SIR---much better build Quality loaded, unique and cheaper than the top of the line 3. Drive both and you will see what I mean.

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

the civic SIR is a GREAT car.
but judging from his budget, he is looking at the civic below that price range, i.e the honda civic Si.

the gearbox on the dash sure is an eyesore, but I drove one, and it really DOES feel alot more natural/responsive.

jtsimaras
08-16-2004, 07:49 AM
EP3 Civic sir all the way
Less than than the price of the TOPLiner 3

More unique!
More rare than most domestic supercars.
It is really fun to drive.

Just remember hmmmm Yummy SIlky Smooth I-Vtec--low gas/emissions and the electric steering even helps you save an additional 1-2% gas mileage.

Which ever you buy they are both a pretty good choice.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

statick
08-16-2004, 10:44 AM
MSRP on Civic SiR = $25,500
MSRP on Mazda 3 GT = $21,445

jtsimaras get your facts straight.

Stratus_Power
08-16-2004, 11:45 AM
the new Corolla XRS is pretty neat

blitz
08-16-2004, 09:28 PM

Just remember hmmmm Yummy SIlky Smooth I-Vtec--low gas/emissions and the electric steering even helps you save an additional 1-2% gas mileage.

Silky smooth Sequential Valve Timing and a Variable Induction system, with electric hydraulic steering no less :)

Billy
08-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Mazda 3 man!

NickGT
08-17-2004, 10:53 PM
My buddy just took me for a ride in his new Mazda 3 GT Sport tonight and was pretty wicked. Some of the nicer features on his since it was practically fully loaded were the 17" wheels, leather interior/seats/steering wheel, sunroof, carbon fiber accent on the dash, the gauges looked rad.. I was sorta thinking that despite the bold exterior it would be just another econobox, but i could see myself cruising in one. Alot more care put into the design of the interior which I really like. Peppy little cars too! He was stuck between a civic and the mazda 3 as well. I'm glad he went the road less travelled.

Oh and if you're like me, and have a girlfriend who watches your speed all the time nagging away even if your barely over. The mazda 3 GT is perfect as the passenger cannot read the speedo because of the dash design. haha. :poosie:

jtsimaras
12-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

another flaw(s) of getting a civic, well pointed out.

1.overpriced.

2.owners can't spell.:D

How is the Civic sir overpriced compared to what---the mazda is not the same car or the same class

Sorath
12-12-2004, 02:31 PM
i was from singapore, wtf they sell 2.3 civics there?

Sorath
12-12-2004, 02:32 PM
how much is the road tax for both cars? same? hell u should move to canada with that money u can buy way more : )

jtsimaras
12-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by statick
MSRP on Civic SiR = $25,500
MSRP on Mazda 3 GT = $21,445

jtsimaras get your facts straight.

WTF that is the base price of the GT add on another $$ 2000 for the nice GFX package.
SO
You get your facts Straight!!

Seanith
12-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
i was from singapore, wtf they sell 2.3 civics there?

:bullshit:

blitz
12-12-2004, 10:34 PM

WTF that is the base price of the GT add on another $$ 2000 for the nice GFX package.
SO
You get your facts Straight!!

I only paid $1095 for my GFX package. Maybe you should get your facts straight?

Plus, to get the same features, you need to add the following to the civic:
Security: $388.20
17 alloys: $1696.48
Foglight kit: $722.95
Engine cover: $162.23
Ashtray: $58.61
Cigarette lighter: $70.94
Engine Block heater: $155.24
For a grand total of..........$3254.65

Checkmate :)

Sorath
12-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Seanith

:bullshit:

bs on what

Seanith
12-12-2004, 10:57 PM
on them selling 2.3L civics

88CRX
12-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by blitz

:rolleyes:

thats all useless honda factory performance shit..... which nobody buys.

jtsimaras
12-13-2004, 07:20 AM

Hmm your wrong again to add leather you have to add 900 to ur price tag

And sorry honda DOES not charge for those extras you mentioned:
Security: $388.20 incl;uded
17 alloys: $1696.48 included
Foglight kit: $722.95 not included
Engine cover: $162.23 what its standard dork same engine as the RSX
Ashtray: $58.61 what the ---who needs it
Cigarette lighter: $70.94 included
Engine Block heater: $155.24 standard if your car is from Canada

Maybe you should get ur facts straight---buy a Honda first before you comment on it. I've owned 3 Mazdas--and sorry to say Hondas are just built better than Mazdas--not good when You have FORD on your team.

What I've learned after owning 14 vehicles you get what you pay FOR!!!

Question: Which manufacturer designs and manufactures the greatest number of motors in the world?

Answer: Hmmm HONDA----so they obviously know a thing or two about designing awesome motors.

Question: Which maunfacturer was the basis for import hotrodding and is still by far the most popular?

Answer: Honda again!

The END!!

Checkmate

blitz
12-13-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

:rolleyes:

thats all useless honda factory performance shit..... which nobody buys.

Whether you want it or not, the Mazda includes it. That's the only point I was trying to make.

Yes I've owned a Honda, I have friends who have Hondas. I prefer Mazda though. I have nothing against the civic, but I don't want to buy a new car that I have to mod to enjoy, which seems to be the way people view the SiR. And the reason all those feature are included is probably because the SiR haven't been as popular as Honda would have liked.

I said nothing bad about Honda. I only said that for the money, I think the 3 is a better deal.

Lets face it people, they're both good cars and it comes down to personal preference.

blitz
12-13-2004, 09:14 AM

Question: Which manufacturer designs and manufactures the greatest number of motors in the world?

Answer: Hmmm HONDA----so they obviously know a thing or two about designing awesome motors.

Question: Which maunfacturer was the basis for import hotrodding and is still by far the most popular?

Answer: Honda again!

The END!!

Checkmate

So the biggest producer in a market is automatically the best? And who was the basis for automotive hotrodding? Not Honda.

If any of that were true, we'd all still be driving Fords (not just me :D )

jtsimaras
12-13-2004, 10:41 AM

So the biggest producer in a market is automatically the best? And who was the basis for automotive hotrodding? Not Honda.

If any of that were true, we'd all still be driving Fords (not just me :D )

Buddy I said the basis of Import Hotrodding not Hotrodding---

and sorry honda does have the best technology in Motor technology. Just think about it for a minute!

jtsimaras
12-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Lets face it people, they're both good cars and it comes down to personal preference. [/B][/QUOTE]

True That

Oh ya My fav is the S2000
the Type R civic is second and it is rated 2 best in its class Behind the Mini Copper S The type R is still quicker than the Cooper S

Still #1 in its class according to Car And Driver
and on the top 10 list for 4 years running.

Yummy car :D :D :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

blitz
12-13-2004, 12:48 PM

True That

Oh ya My fav is the S2000 still #1 in its class according to Car And Driver and on the top 10 list for 4 years running.

Yummy car

I believe the Ford Focus has been on that top ten list just as long? :)

jtsimaras
12-13-2004, 01:08 PM

I believe the Ford Focus has been on that top ten list just as long? :)

Possible ---however the focus in Canada/America sux----I had a rental Twice---what a pile of crap. RECALL heaven
Check out some of the recall bulletins for the FORD Focus enough to make an owner insane.

However the Euro Focus RS4 212 hp is nice only in Europe though competes with the type R civic.
Two more cars they should import the America.

;)

jtsimaras
12-13-2004, 01:52 PM
2004 Car and Driver Top 10 List

Acura TSX
Audi S4 QuattrO
BMW 3-series/M3
Chevrolet CorvettE
Ford Focus
Honda Accord ( For like the 19th time )
Honda S2000
Infiniti G35
Mazda RX-8
Toyota Prius

2005 Car and Driver Top 10 List

Best Sports Sedan: Acura TSX
Best Luxury Sedan: Acura RL
Best Luxury Sports Sedan: BMW 3-Series/M3
Best Performance Car: Chevrolet Corvette
Best Full-Size Sedan: Chrysler 300C/300C Hemi
Best Wagon: Dodge Magnum
Best Muscle Car: Ford Mustang GT
Best Family Sedan: Honda Accord ( For like the 19th time the most wins ever again!! )
Best Sports Coupe: Mazda RX-8
Best Luxury Sports Car: Mercedes-Benz SLK350

S2000 was knocked off this year however Honda/Acura made the list 3 times again! the most wins for a one manufacturer AGIAN!!
The Accord has had more wins than any other car period---It's safe to say that honda most be doing allot of something right.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

jtsimaras
12-13-2004, 01:59 PM
If the S2000 240 is not enough do this see pic:
wala 600 hp!!

bspot
12-13-2004, 02:10 PM
count me in for thinking the 3's look a bit funny. They look very tall/narrow, and the hood doesn't slope enough to give it good flow. The fender is too thick above the wheel, everything is too tall.

jtsimaras
12-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by bspot
count me in for thinking the 3's look a bit funny. They look very tall/narrow, and the hood doesn't slope enough to give it good flow. The fender is too thick above the wheel, everything is too tall.

True that!! A Base one looks like an exploded hulk car--The Gt isn't too bad looking the body kit helps quite a bit.

blitz
12-13-2004, 06:27 PM
LOL, because everyone just loves how the SiR looks.

88CRX
12-13-2004, 06:53 PM
and the shit flingin has begun...

i like the mini-mini van:D

statick
12-13-2004, 06:57 PM
:werd: ep3 has decent styling...but so does the mazda3

jtsimaras
12-13-2004, 07:07 PM
LOL, because everyone just loves how the SiR looks.

Don't they Everyone I konw loves the way my car looks --they always ask what it is---my Bros friends want my car more than any other car. It is unique and the look grows on ya. The shifter is awesome who would of thought a shifter position of the such would be so easy to use.

Fobby
12-14-2004, 12:45 PM
can you even add leather to the SiR?

According to price your honda on the site,

17s Alloys are OPTIONAL.
So is the security system.

From my experience with my last honda purchase, the cigarette lighter, the heated coil, you need to pay extra for that as well.

What about the Side Skirts? Front Skit and Rear Skirt? The GFX provides a sport front and rear bumper plus side skirts.

Front Skirt $535.08
Side Skirts $706.63
Rear Skirt $535.08

Call me bias, but after my civic purchase from 2000, and my recent purchase of my mazda 3, I would never go back to the civic again.

88CRX
12-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Fobby

17s Alloys are OPTIONAL.

From my experience with my last honda purchase, the cigarette lighter, the heated coil, you need to pay extra for that as well.

What about the Side Skirts? Front Skit and Rear Skirt? The GFX provides a sport front and rear bumper plus side skirts.

Front Skirt $535.08
Side Skirts $706.63
Rear Skirt $535.08

Call me bias, but after my civic purchase from 2000, and my recent purchase of my mazda 3, I would never go back to the civic again.

no leather.... comes with recaro seats already..... skirts are standard.... 16's are standard... they will give you cig lighter and block heater if you ask, if you paided for these your dumb lol

ricosuave
12-14-2004, 01:19 PM
'paided'?

badseed
12-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Mazda 3 would be choice, hands down.

Fobby
12-14-2004, 04:03 PM
One thing I do not like about my 3,

the craptastic Goodyear tires. Blah.

I didn't know the skirts are standard, as I just went to price your honda, and they are listed as optional.

Mazda 3 gets 17s :D

jtsimaras
12-14-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Fobby

17s Alloys are OPTIONAL.

Front Skirt $535.08
Side Skirts $706.63
Rear Skirt $535.08

Buddy Security System is not optional No idea Why they have that as an option on the website.

Last 2 hondas that I bought came with a Security system.
If you pay for the security system on a any new honda--Ur a DWEEB--and you got hosed.

And yes why in the Earth would you want leather intead of the Suede red stitched recaro seat that come in the SIR---That would make u a loser. They are simply awesome seats compared to The ones in The Mazda 3--ya gotta admit to this one man.