PDA

View Full Version : ITR vs. S2000

The Raptor
10-21-2002, 10:33 AM
So theoritically an ITR is going eastbound on crowchild and out of the rear view mirror shines the halogen lights off of an S2K. I downshift to prepare for the inevitable encounter. S2K tails the ITR (now just passing the bow trail turn off), the driver of the ITR looks over see some G'd out asian dude on his cell phone looking over with some fighten words...

ITR punches it and readies for the corner comin up around the 17th ave. turn off.. ITR's about 2-3 car lengths ahead going good and S2K going all out (he prob wasn't in VTEC range...).. the turn goes right then left. ITR driver looks in the rear view mirror and...

and.. AHAHAHAHAHAHA... ROTFLMAO!!! the S2K swerves right and BAM!! into the bush and wall! WTF? looks like the drivers needs to go to the track and practice on his "mad" skillz. oh well.. add another to the kill list.... :dunno: :rolleyes: :D

LUDELVR
10-21-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by The Raptor
and.. AHAHAHAHAHAHA... ROTFLMAO!!! the S2K swerves right and BAM!! into the bush and wall! WTF? looks like the drivers needs to go to the track and practice on his "mad" skillz. oh well.. add another to the kill list.... :dunno: :rolleyes: :D

OHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: That's shitty man!!!! Fuck, I hear there's a lot of slamming into walls going around!! haha, Dude, did you take off or did you help the poor bastard?

Shit, I thought you were in Edmonton man?

Still, that sucks to be him!:thumbsdow

2000impreza
10-21-2002, 10:47 AM
how bad did the s2k hit the wall? talking on a cellphone while driving is aready hard enough... let alone trying to race.

mwmhong
10-21-2002, 10:55 AM
Another one bites the dust! (Theoretically)

Is this (theoretically) southbound Crowchild turnoff onto 17th? Like where that old naval museum is (theoretically)?
It's a simple right-hand turn!

LOL@ stupid S2K driver. Beat himself up......

max_boost
10-21-2002, 10:57 AM
I think its theoretical because Raptor doesn't want insurance or possibly even the cops calling him:rofl:

The Raptor
10-21-2002, 10:58 AM
Ya I turned around and came back the other way to see if he was alrite.. but I guess his car was drivable.. due to his embarassment I'm sure he took off as fast as he could...:dunno:

The Raptor
10-21-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I think its theoretical because Raptor doesn't want insurance or possibly even the cops calling him:rofl:

I was just an innocent observer ... :D

LUDELVR
10-21-2002, 11:00 AM

dude, we're all innocent observers!!! hahahah:rofl:

The Raptor
10-21-2002, 11:06 AM
Dude ain't you suppose to be workin or something man? LOL

infamous
10-21-2002, 11:11 AM
wow...good "theoretical" win!! :thumbsup: :clap: :rofl: :clap: :thumbsup:

LUDELVR
10-21-2002, 11:34 AM
Dude ain't you suppose to be workin or something man? LOL

hahah, r u talking to me? Shit, you're one to talk brotha!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

max_boost
10-21-2002, 11:40 AM

How about this theoritcal situation, what if you crashed.......and he was behind you, while trying to avoid you, he crashed as well (but not into you), could he blame you in anyway? Saying that you started the accident etc.?

The Raptor
10-21-2002, 12:09 PM

How about this theoritcal situation, what if you crashed.......and he was behind you, while trying to avoid you, he crashed as well (but not into you), could he blame you in anyway? Saying that you started the accident etc.?

I dunno... theoritically I only saw the wipe out and came back to see if he was alrite.. and he was already gone...

but in re: to what you described.. I wouldn't know.. I think that's in the realm of lawyers...yikes!

infamous
10-21-2002, 12:19 PM
if the raptor had crashed, and in turn the s2k had crashed, wouldn't it be the s2k's fault for

1. following with undue care and attention.
2. travelling at an unsafe rate of speed.

:dunno:
just my 0.02

GTS Jeff
10-21-2002, 12:37 PM
yea its following too close.

damn, theres a lota s2k drivers who are used to fwd hondas and cant handle the rwd....

even tho the car is one of the worlds best handlers it takes madd skills to control it i guess.

rage2
10-21-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong
Is this (theoretically) southbound Crowchild turnoff onto 17th? Like where that old naval museum is (theoretically)?
It's a simple right-hand turn!

I think he's talking about Crowchild southbound near that turnoff, where it goes uphill right, then uphill/flatten out left. The camber change and bumps there are a handful for twitchy RWD cars, especially if you try to use multiple lanes to hit the apex. Theoretically speaking anyways :D.

Seks
10-21-2002, 01:46 PM
What color was the s2k?

Woodson2
10-21-2002, 02:35 PM
Sounds like the theoretical S2000 driver theoretically had NO skills in order to not only theoritically lose to a car with FWD and less power, but to theoretically crash. Are you sure he was racing?

max_boost
10-21-2002, 02:36 PM
Ok, would traction control or some sort of stability control save the S2000 owner? Correct me if I am wrong, but the S2K is pure RWD with no traction control or anything like that?

The Raptor
10-21-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Seks
What color was the s2k?

From strictly a bystander point of view.. it looked to be the silver gray color...

The Raptor
10-21-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Woodson2
Sounds like the theoretical S2000 driver theoretically had NO skills in order to not only theoritically lose to a car with FWD and less power, but to theoretically crash. Are you sure he was racing?

Uhmmm...yea.. I've had a lot of experience observing this kind of behavior :dunno:

rage2
10-21-2002, 02:48 PM
Ok, would traction control or some sort of stability control save the S2000 owner? Correct me if I am wrong, but the S2K is pure RWD with no traction control or anything like that?

Driver skilled would've saved it :D. Depending on what the driver was doing, traction control MAY have saved him/her. If it was a power on oversteer, anti-slip control (ASR) would've saved it. If it was a lift throttle oversteer, ESP/DSP vehicular traction control would've saved it. If it was heavy transition loss of traction (ie turning left/right really fast), nothing can prevent the laws of physics from crashing the car.

GTS Jeff
10-21-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Woodson2
Sounds like the theoretical S2000 driver theoretically had NO skills in order to not only theoritically lose to a car with FWD and less power, but to theoretically crash. Are you sure he was racing? fwd is easier to drive than a rwd.

max_boost
10-21-2002, 03:12 PM
So my question is, do you have to be skillful in order to drive the S2000?

Woodson2
10-21-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
fwd is easier to drive than a rwd.

Yes but a RWD is easier to drive FAST.

infamous
10-21-2002, 03:14 PM
no you just gotta make sure that you don't take corners too fast or drive past your abilities... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[GaGe]
10-21-2002, 03:19 PM
He was racing while talking on the cellphone?

Ferio_vti
10-21-2002, 03:32 PM
I theory, a dumbass like that should be allowed to own an S2K.

Redlyne_mr2
10-21-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

dude, we're all innocent observers!!! hahahah:rofl:
you mean voyeurs..:rofl: :rofl:
Shit dude thats a crazy story..you know that the s2000 guy is probably blaming you in his version of the story to all his friends:thumbsdow

infamous
10-21-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
I theory, a dumbass like that should be allowed to own an S2K.

agreed :thumbsup:

got M
10-21-2002, 04:19 PM
rwd & 9000 rpm = trouble for an entry level driver.
when i first got my rear wheel drive, i was freaked out about breaking the rear tires. As time progresed and confidence was built that fear faded. I cant explain the feeling of going around a corner sideways in a perfectly 50/50 weighted car.

I think its called drifting or something:angel:

SmelltheRubber
10-21-2002, 05:45 PM
Mmmm, I dont know how much skill it takes to drive a S2000.... But even at 9000rpm it puts out 240 hp.

Now, the Viper on the otherhand, takes MAD SKILLS to drive. A RWD with 500hp can be a big hand full.

SilverStreak
10-21-2002, 06:36 PM
The S2000 driver deserved it if he was trying to race in these conditions. Raptor you're also a fool for being a bystander in these conditions
:rolleyes:

kenny
10-21-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by SmelltheRubber
Mmmm, I dont know how much skill it takes to drive a S2000.... But even at 9000rpm it puts out 240 hp.

Now, the Viper on the otherhand, takes MAD SKILLS to drive. A RWD with 500hp can be a big hand full.

Its not the HP numbers that matters, try driving an s2000 at 9000 rpm and letting off the throttle! If you aren't prepared, and the road is slick with wet snow, it could mean trouble.

szw
10-21-2002, 11:09 PM
So could this theoretical s2k driver be a pretty young asian dude, with like shoulder length hair??

Audi Kid
10-21-2002, 11:14 PM
dude i drove an s2k when i was fucken 14.....................i bagged that bitch good :) stalled it tho! when i was trying to reverse i fucken put it in 6th hehe whateves

SmelltheRubber
10-21-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Its not the HP numbers that matters, try driving an s2000 at 9000 rpm and letting off the throttle! If you aren't prepared, and the road is slick with wet snow, it could mean trouble.

Well I cant say I've driven a S2k, but Im sure hp (and torque) makes a big difference....like I would feel the difference if I let off the throttle at redline of a civix dx and then a S2k. Just like I would feel the difference if I let off the throttle at redline of a S2K and a Viper. :D

lammer
10-21-2002, 11:44 PM
hahahah hes thinking hes a thug then BAM smacks a wall..must be so emberrassing.

SilverStreak
10-21-2002, 11:58 PM

Uhmmm...yea.. I've had a lot of experience observing this kind of behavior :dunno:

No doubt you also have witnessed behaviour like mis-shifting a 6sp RSX-S and blowing the engine on a test drive as well. I think they call that mad skillz :rolleyes:

Hollywood
10-22-2002, 08:22 AM
fwd is easier to drive than a rwd.

Personally I find RWD easier to drive than a FWD, especially for cornering, accelerating and high speeds.

James
10-22-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood (2)

Personally I find RWD easier to drive than a FWD, especially for cornering, accelerating and high speeds.

With Good Road Conditions Yes!!!......Any loose Gravel or wet surface just isnt cool!:tongue: :burnout:

The Raptor
10-22-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by szw
So could this theoretical s2k driver be a pretty young asian dude, with like shoulder length hair??

ya.. my observation tells me it looks kinda blonde.. highlights maybe..

The Raptor
10-22-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by SilverStreak

No doubt you also have witnessed behaviour like mis-shifting a 6sp RSX-S and blowing the engine on a test drive as well. I think they call that mad skillz :rolleyes:

HAHA.. funny.. sounds like you got some pent up anger inside.. :rolleyes:

szw
10-22-2002, 03:44 PM
haha i think i know that guy in high school.

Kept talking about getting an S2k, then a porche, then whatever...
never thought he'd actually get one!

GTS Jeff
10-22-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood (2)

Personally I find RWD easier to drive than a FWD, especially for cornering, accelerating and high speeds. well yea, for an experienced driver, of course rwd is safer since it gives the driver more control..

but for the average driver, rwd is a deathtrap once u lose grip.

rage2
10-22-2002, 04:41 PM
well yea, for an experienced driver, of course rwd is safer since it gives the driver more control..

but for the average driver, rwd is a deathtrap once u lose grip.

And that's why traction and vehicular control was invented!

buh_buh
10-22-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by rage2

And that's why traction and vehicular control was invented!
neither of which are equipped on the s2000.

Seks
10-22-2002, 10:14 PM
I've driven my car in heavy rain a few times during the summer. I always brace myself even though I drive slow during those times. Hate to shit my pants

MistaBrent
10-23-2002, 12:01 AM
i looooove traction control.

thank god i paid the extra $1500-3000 on my car to have it.

i tested it this week.

i stopped on black ice and floored it and i didnt spin out.

i took traction off and it was a diff story.

great thing to have and a must if you want safety

drox
10-29-2002, 04:34 PM
even tho the car is one of the worlds best handlers it takes madd skills to control it i guess.Heh, its so true though... driving a rwd hard is way different than fwd.

three.eighteen.
10-29-2002, 06:47 PM
does s2k have lsd?

drox
10-29-2002, 06:58 PM
I dont know for sure, but I would think it probably does?

GTS Jeff
10-29-2002, 08:16 PM
yea its got a torsen LSD