PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Roomba?

Weapon_R
06-02-2004, 02:31 PM
It's the robot vacuum system that cleans your house withouth you having to do anything. Seems great for me since i'm lazy. Any experience with it? :D

Altezza
06-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Aren't they like $300? I'm curious how well they work...

izzoblitzo
06-02-2004, 02:42 PM
I heard they dont do a whole lot. Like, they are so small, and not very powerful... they just go and hover around.. they did a test of a 10x10 room or something like that.. and it took a normal person like 2 minutes to clean it.. but it took the roomba like an hour.

the roomba takes 12 hours to charge and is only good for 8 hours.

Oh yeah, and it gets stuck on rugs and shaggy carpet really easily.

D'z Nutz
06-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Isn't that the thing that ate Dave Chappelle's pants in a Pepsi commercial?

Chester
06-02-2004, 04:08 PM
hahahaha yah
"it ate my pants, there was nothing i could do":dunno:

tulit
06-02-2004, 04:57 PM
We got to play around with one.

You can't rely on it to clean your house for you. Its a neat toy/gadget but thats about it.

I used to have one called CYE. That one actually worked pretty good once you got it setup properly. Dont think you can buy them anymore though (plus they were $$$. >$2k)

izzoblitzo
06-02-2004, 05:04 PM
hehehe... it'll clean your house.. in three days.. :rofl: and you'd have to recharge it's battery every once in a while, and assist it up to the second level of your house.. which you still have to do the stairs manually anyways.. :nut:

these guys are prolly good for only maintenence of like, hardwood flooring.. cant really clean a dirty place nonetheless.

Weapon_R
06-02-2004, 06:14 PM
I've read a lot of reviews, and it seems really reliable actually. I'm going to test one out :D If it doesn't work, i'll just ebay it lol. It's just the convenience of being able to put it in your living room, leaving, and having it clean by the time you get back. Granted, there are complaints that it gets stuck if you leave clothes on the floor, but what vacuum doesn't?