PDA

View Full Version : david blaine

infamous
10-21-2002, 03:26 PM
has anyone seen him perform?? i saw a show of his last night on tv and i couldn't believe it...if you don't know who he is, download some of his stuff off of kazaa or imesh or whatever and watch it...you will be amazed...personally i think that he's better than david copperfield...

Redlyne_mr2
10-21-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by infamous
has anyone seen him perform?? i saw a show of his last night on tv and i couldn't believe it...if you don't know who he is, download some of his stuff off of kazaa or imesh or whatever and watch it...you will be amazed...personally i think that he's better than david copperfield...
david blaine is the man...the street magic is amazing because you're out in the open with nothing to hide

Ferio_vti
10-21-2002, 03:28 PM
Blaine is cool.
Anyone see the Fox special on Street magic revealed?? Basically they were trashing Blaine.

Redlyne_mr2
10-21-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Blaine is cool.
Anyone see the Fox special on Street magic revealed?? Basically they were trashing Blaine.
damn I woudl have liked to see that...I cant even imagine how he does some of hsi tricks....how the hell does he levatate???

infamous
10-21-2002, 03:31 PM
all of his tricks are so hard...the one that i am still wondering is the quarter one....i am still trying to figure that one out...:confused: :dunno: argh i still can't figure it out...

jdmakkord
10-21-2002, 03:33 PM
go rent the DVD I watched it about a month ago...dope!!!!
It has a lot of footage that wasn't on the tv special. Also has footage of his being buried underground and in a block of ice too.

Ben
10-21-2002, 03:34 PM
I caught the episode last night too, it was a old one, but he has excellent slight of hand tricks...some of its obvioud, and some its like WTF!!!

www.davidblaine.com

Stratus_Power
10-21-2002, 03:40 PM
shit man i saw it last nite too.. holy crap!!! theone thats bugging me is how he can throw a deck of card against the window and has the right one sticking to the window ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!

and how he flow in mid air! we can actually see both his feet!!

legendboy
10-21-2002, 03:41 PM
I was very excited to see some new material but it was the same old show. The first time I saw him it freaked me out! He's the best!

infamous
10-21-2002, 03:43 PM
so where can you rent the dvd from??

D'z Nutz
10-21-2002, 03:47 PM
You're gonna lose a lot of respect for him once you find out how he does the levitating trick....

He actually lifts himself off the ground with the ball of one of his feet, while the other one is completely off the ground, but he positions himself such that he's far enough so that people can't see him standing on the ball of his foot. So what the camera is actually recording is the people's reactions. Then later when people nobody's around, he'll re-record himself being lifted off the ground with a crane. So when people are actually watching him "levitate" on the street, his foot might actually just be an inch off the ground.

But he's still got some really amazing tricks though. :)

Ferio_vti
10-21-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
You're gonna lose a lot of respect for him once you find out how he does the levitating trick....

But he's still got some really amazing tricks though. :)

But that's why its magic. Supposed to make you trip out and wonder how the f*ck he did it. Doesn't matter if the way he does it is lame. Its just unfortunate that Fox had to ruin it the trick by revealing it.

I love the pulling the head off the dove trick.

max_boost
10-21-2002, 04:44 PM
Yes it seems amazing at first.........once you find out how he does it, its not so amazing........watch Fox's "Street Magic Revealed" the tricks don't seem so difficult afterall

Don't believe everything you see on TV!

max_boost
10-21-2002, 04:45 PM
I love the pulling the head off the dove trick.

Doves can tuck their head in........

max_boost
10-21-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
shit man i saw it last nite too.. holy crap!!! theone thats bugging me is how he can throw a deck of card against the window and has the right one sticking to the window ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!

Now that was impressive! I still don't know how he did that

Stratus_Power
10-21-2002, 04:49 PM
now i really really want to see the fox special!

D'z Nutz
10-21-2002, 05:48 PM

But that's why its magic. Supposed to make you trip out and wonder how the f*ck he did it. Doesn't matter if the way he does it is lame. Its just unfortunate that Fox had to ruin it the trick by revealing it.

That may be true, but it's really disappointing that something so cool was pulled off in such a cheap fashion. There was no real illusion, just a lousy television camera trick what may as well been done in a Hollywood studio with special effects. His slight of hand tricks and such are still very amazing though.

Stratus_Power
10-21-2002, 06:11 PM
anyone know where i can get a hold of the fox special"? i cant seems to find it on Kazza

Big_Six_Boy
10-21-2002, 07:42 PM
How about the one where he walks up to this dude and takes his FULL BEER can and turn ALL the beer into COINS!!! WTF?!?!? :nut: :dunno:
Anyone see that one?

...aside from that, I respect him for his babe g/f. :poosie:

finboy
10-21-2002, 08:12 PM
i saw the one where he took a hobo's coffee and it started pouring out coins.

messed up.

lammer
10-21-2002, 10:36 PM
haha yeah man i can do the levatating trick. i can also do the one he pulled on emmit smith and the black dudes in the ghetto the "2 card monte"

Impreza
10-21-2002, 11:55 PM
who is his gf?

boi-alien
10-21-2002, 11:59 PM
all of his tricks are so hard...the one that i am still wondering is the quarter one....i am still trying to figure that one out...:confused: :dunno: argh i still can't figure it out...

the one where he sticks the smoke through it? my buddy who's really into magic tricks... he does crazy tricks himself, he told me that it's a rigged quarter, it opens up to let the smoke through

infamous
10-22-2002, 12:18 AM
ok...but he took the quarter from a random person on the street....explain that? oh yeah and can anyone explain how he bites off the quarter? and then blows the piece back onto it??

kenny
10-22-2002, 12:20 AM
ok...but he took the quarter from a random person on the street....explain that? oh yeah and can anyone explain how he bites off the quarter? and then blows the piece back onto it??

He switches the quarters, you can see the switch :)

lammer
10-22-2002, 12:20 AM

im pretty sure he made a quick switch with a fake quarter in hsi hand?

Stratus_Power
10-22-2002, 12:24 AM
he switch fast! like how he takes a quarter from some random ppl, and then bite a piece of, then blowing it back on? that gotta be a switch!

infamous
10-22-2002, 12:33 AM
yeah but even if he switches it, how would that work?? he can just blow and the quarter goes back together?? i don't think so....

Stratus_Power
10-22-2002, 12:46 AM
magnet!!! has to be magnet.. he bite it hard so it stays in his mouth.. as soon as he blows it out it stick rite back onto the quarter!! and if he missed then it wasnt on TV :P

lammer
10-22-2002, 01:19 AM
When he took random quarters im pretty sure he did a pass when the camera was focusing on the people around him or he did the pass very quickly. Magicians ahve very quick moves. they are quick with their hands. and im not sure about the quarter trick but i've heard you can buy the quarter that breaks and will stick back together via magnet.

bosa
10-22-2002, 07:18 AM
I always see his shows on t.v,he's the best street magician:thumbsup:And when he bites the quarter in half then spits it back on,that's crazy,how does he do it:dunno:?

redec
10-22-2002, 08:28 AM
silly silly people....so very gullible....he doesn't actually spit anything...it's all slight-of-hand...the 'spit' is just a distraction :P

http://www.magictricks.com/coins/bitecoin.htm

Ferio_vti
10-22-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

Doves can tuck their head in........

Yup. Just hilarious to see the peoples reaction and freak out.

M68KACIA
10-22-2002, 10:14 AM
I don't think I want to watch the FOX special, it seems to ruin the fun of magic, I mean curiousity is one thing, but to see the solution to david's magic will just take out the fun of watching it.

Some entertainments are meant to be entertainments, not something to be exploring into.

That's just my 2 cents.

Big_Six_Boy
10-22-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
who is his gf?

Josie Moran... she's like a Covergirl model or somesuch. I read a Maxim article on her and she told them she was one crazy sex addict. :hitit:

rage2
10-22-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Big_Six_Boy
Josie Moran... she's like a Covergirl model or somesuch. I read a Maxim article on her and she told them she was one crazy sex addict. :hitit:

She was on Howard Stern with David Blaine last year. She talked about how she smokes up with him, and brings girls back for him too.

James
10-22-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by rage2

She talked about how she smokes up with him, and brings girls back for him too.

Now why cant all Women be like that!:bigpimp: