PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Vios or Honda City

obiwankenobi
06-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Since I can't afford a Honda Civic or a Mazda 3 :cry: please recommend either of the entry level cars above... if you have other suggestions, please feel free to comment. Thanks :thumbsup:

RickDaTuner
06-03-2004, 09:26 PM
unfortunaley we are mainly based out of Calgary Alberta, Canada, so it might be that we cant give you properly informed replys

obiwankenobi
06-03-2004, 09:31 PM
you mean you don't have those cars in canada?? i am more interested in users'/experts' opinions

RickDaTuner
06-03-2004, 09:57 PM
we do have the Civic and the Mazda 3 but the other mentioned are new to me....:dunno:

Hash_man
06-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Thats right, we dont have the Vios, or the city... although rumors are that we will be getting the city soon.

benyl
06-03-2004, 10:51 PM
we live in the land of cheaper gas and big roads. Small cars don't survive very well here.

powerslave
06-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by benyl
we live in the land of cheaper gas and big roads. Small cars don't survive very well here.

With these rising gas prices makes me wonder for how much longer... (hey, that rhimes):eek:

EVOI
06-04-2004, 02:32 AM
well, i had seen both car in person and even been in vios.
My uncle has one in Taiwan but i didn't drive it so can't really help u!
But i think vios is quite a nice family car and quite comfortable to ride in.

blinkme_210
06-04-2004, 06:51 AM
Welcome to the boards, nice to see that we're reaching as far away as Singapore - I myself am from there :P

Well you see, the thing with about Singapore is that there is a 10 year rule for cars. The government doesn't want to have cars older than 10 years on the road. If you do want to keep a beater car on the road, you have to pay massive fees., which would be like paying for the car 3 times over in one year.

In a country like Singapore that is the hub of international commerce for Asia, there are tons business people who drive BMW's, and Mercedes. In fact, they're pretty much the only people who will drive high class cars, because it belongs to the company.

So in short, buying a small car would be the smarter choice, because in the end that car is gonna end up in the scrap yard sooner or later.

In a city state country like Singapore, it is small enough that you can efficiently take the taxi, MRT (subway), bus anywhere, for cheap too. Every public bus is basically double decker greyhound buses, not to mention they're air conditioned too. Some buses are those 2 sectional kind, with the rubber tubing in the middle connecting the 2 segments of the bus.

fast95pony
06-04-2004, 10:40 AM
So you're saying a Viper wouldn't make a good commuter car ??

Gum anyone ??

obiwankenobi
06-06-2004, 07:44 AM
Thanks people for your comments. Sometimes I really wish to migrate to either Canada or the US where I can enjoy more of life rather than worrying too much about money like in Singapore.

blinkme_210, is that why you move over?

blinkme_210
06-06-2004, 04:32 PM
I came because my parents came, lol.

Xtrema
06-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by obiwankenobi
I can enjoy more of life rather than worrying too much about money like in Singapore.

I think worry about money is all the same everywhere in the world.

We don't have either car here because they will be crushed by almost all other cars on the road. Civic / Mazda 3 is almost as small as they get.

I always thought public transit is pretty good in big cities, why do you need a car? Especially Singapore isn't that big to start with.

blinkme_210
06-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I think worry about money is all the same everywhere in the world.

We don't have either car here because they will be crushed by almost all other cars on the road. Civic / Mazda 3 is almost as small as they get.

I always thought public transit is pretty good in big cities, why do you need a car? Especially Singapore isn't that big to start with.

Ford Fiesta & Geo Metro are smaller, lol.

Well, maybe cause not everyone likes to share seats with people, and have your day run by the bus/MRT schedule. And yes Singapore is small, but still larger than say Red Deer.

rice_eater
06-08-2004, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man
although rumors are that we will be getting the city soon.

great another slow turd from honda...1.3L and 1.5L of poweR