PDA

View Full Version : Another CPS ghost car

jdmakkord
06-04-2004, 01:40 AM
Dont have pics, but I saw 2 bikes pulled over at the crowfoot Y by a newer ford taurus, maroon with dash lights. They were getting ticketed. The car is totally unmarked, doesn't even have tint. Keep an eye out.

dieselpower91
06-04-2004, 01:42 AM
They also have a few black Intrepid's also unmarked and no tint!

Thanks for the heads up on the Taurus!

leutyc
06-04-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by dieselpower91
They also have a few black Intrepid's also unmarked and no tint!

Thanks for the heads up on the Taurus!

I saw a green impala the other day, no tint, and lights on the inside.

403Gemini
06-04-2004, 09:22 AM
they have over 200 ghost cars and they're all not just tarus's impalas and intrepids ;) they even have golf's, cavaliers, etc.

so just watch out for everything!

Def_3
06-04-2004, 09:26 AM
I was pulled over by a 2003 Jeep Grande Cherokee, fully loaded, LEATHER and everything, only lights he had was flashing signals, also radar in a 1987 Toyota pickup in Shawnessy!!!

joseph
06-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Yah I saw a green nissan sentra se-r the other day too.

Seanith
06-04-2004, 11:34 AM
shit i better smarten up then.

JAYMEZ
06-04-2004, 12:16 PM
saw the rx-8 a week ago

AccordTypeR
06-04-2004, 12:33 PM
There is a grey dodge caravan out there too one of my friends got pulled over by it!:eek:

403Gemini
06-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by AccordTypeR
There is a grey dodge caravan out there too one of my friends got pulled over by it!:eek:

for the record, they have A LOT of dodge caravans... i mean A LOT lol

rc2002
06-04-2004, 04:25 PM
I thought they only had domestics! They have nissans and VW's?

euro tang
06-04-2004, 04:31 PM
The best way I think to recognize a police car is to look for the black licence plate sticker, government issued and commercial vehicles have those sickers too so don't always think they are cops, but al lot of times they are.

good_lookin866
06-04-2004, 04:45 PM
thats nothing i cut off an unmarked van and he followed me while i flew through a school zone going about 60 and then he finally pulled me over in front of my buddies house but LUCKLY i didnt get no tickets cuz he had no ticket papers left or someshit he had nothing except those lights that you can put up on your roof

toyboy88
06-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
saw the rx-8 a week ago

that's more of their promotional vehicle...they use it @ schools (drunk driving)..stuff like that...

in van city they have civics, mustangs, and i saw a even a navigator once!!!!:eek:

dj_honda
06-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by euro tang
The best way I think to recognize a police car is to look for the black licence plate sticker, government issued and commercial vehicles have those sickers too so don't always think they are cops, but al lot of times they are.

i work and live by 2 different police stations and have seen a total of 5-6 unmarked police cars, with the black sticker of course, but also the budget (rent a car) sticker on the back, so watch out folks!!!

Seanith
06-05-2004, 12:12 AM
Once i saw a black tinted ford suv that was unmarked by transcanada safeway. they pulled someone over and the cops had a flames flag in the back windows! :rofl:

rice_eater
06-05-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by AccordTypeR

i see that one quite oftem, luckily on the other side of the road :D... usually parked on the side of a major road and snapping pictures. I even saw it at the safeway downtown last summer taking pictures of people speeding in the parkinglot...it was ridiculous:nut:

cman
06-05-2004, 03:31 AM
caravan on side of road=slow the fuck down if your at all over the speed limit;)

Lennon
06-05-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by cman
caravan on side of road=slow the fuck down if your at all over the speed limit;)

Ha, did that just yesterday. Coming down Crowchild at the Bow Trail exit, he is ALWAYS there. Now its getting predictable.

CelicaST-162
06-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by good_lookin866
thats nothing i cut off an unmarked van and he followed me while i flew through a school zone going about 60 and then he finally pulled me over in front of my buddies house but LUCKLY i didnt get no tickets cuz he had no ticket papers left or someshit he had nothing except those lights that you can put up on your roof

WHOA!! Shit, thats crazy dude!!! Doing 60 in a school zone............

Anyways back on topic...driving on Crowchild today and beside me noticed a black Impala aka car with skyline lights. Had the black sticker, and when someone ran the red light he flicked on the lights...I totally did not expect that!:eek:

dogmaiwli
06-05-2004, 10:56 AM
The secret is to drive like this :angel: instead of like this :devil:

Cuz ya never know

cman
06-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Lennon

Ha, did that just yesterday. Coming down Crowchild at the Bow Trail exit, he is ALWAYS there. Now its getting predictable.

yes unfortunately a couple months ago i didnt do that, 80 in a 70 zone ticket woohoo:thumbsdow . but i have seen them in the exact same spot at least 5 times since then.

CDN_SHOho
06-05-2004, 01:48 PM
i live down in sundance, and i dont anyone ghost cars at the sundance/midnapore station.. all of em are marked or unmakred crown vic's.....

haha and until i saw this thread i had no idea they used cars over than crown vics and caravans.... not that it affects me since i dont drive around like a fucktard.. i drive an accord haha :dunno:

Beni
06-05-2004, 07:13 PM
yah they need to get a different car and a new location! its always a silver dodge caravan on crowchild...DUH!! :dunno:

rice_eater
06-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Beni
yah they need to get a different car and a new location! its always a silver dodge caravan on crowchild...DUH!! :dunno: they will as soon as the well runs dry

vancityboi
07-19-2004, 10:15 PM
haha those civic SIR's they have in vancity are stock...and there for the school liason officer program thingy.....but i seen a audi got pulled over by one of those civics. The P.A.C.E.R civic however looks sweet:D . there's onlt one of them running around. there's also a rumor that since the lease is gonna expire on the sir they used sonn, they are gonna get new black ones with the police lights for the next school year......shit. maybe umarked?

if anyone wanna see a pic of the Honda civc SIR P.A.C.E.R for vancity email me

vancityboi
07-19-2004, 10:30 PM
http://www.sportcompact.ca/coverage/img/scnvancouver_2004/pages/2DSC_0070.html

haha not a great pic but its a start...still email me for a side view...

AllGoNoShow
07-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88

that's more of their promotional vehicle...they use it @ schools (drunk driving)..stuff like that...

in van city they have civics, mustangs, and i saw a even a navigator once!!!!:eek:

A few years ago we drove out to my cabin one weekend, highway 2, saw an unmarked white corvette, about 20 minutes later, unmarked crown vic (typical), and liek 30 minutes after that saw an unmarked mustang, so they are all over the place, that was RCMP but still, i think maybe i shoudl go camp outside some police stations and take pictures of the police cars :P

rogue
07-19-2004, 10:37 PM
i saw a black jetta once on mcknight looked "Tuned" crazy shit. Also i saw a chick cop in a old festiva with flashing lights by the tim hortons on mcknight once DAMN THEY ARE MAKING BREAKING THE LAW A PAIN:D

AllGoNoShow
07-19-2004, 10:39 PM
meh, jsut get a car faster then any of the ghost cars they got and there wont be a problem :P

4DoorGTZ
07-19-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
meh, jsut get a car faster then any of the ghost cars they got and there wont be a problem :P

Name one car faster then a radio???

AllGoNoShow
07-19-2004, 11:13 PM
the next right/left corner ;)

illeagle
07-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by 4DoorGTZ

Name one car faster then a radio???

Name One car faster than a radio, and the Hawc1

The new dodge Magnum's are supposed to be cop cars too. So whatchout!!... Oh, i've seen a cop in a silver Mazda3 hatch. He came right up my ass, tailgating me, i almost felt like stepping on it, then my phone rang, as i was talking on the phone, the mazda pulls up beside me, and it's a fucking cop driving! (shoulder patch) :eek:

Rav4Guy
07-19-2004, 11:31 PM
Just because you see cops with shoulder patches doesn't mean they're on duty. Those could be personal cars for all you know.

Hakkola
07-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by rogue
Also i saw a chick cop in a old festiva with flashing lights by the tim hortons on mcknight once DAMN THEY ARE MAKING BREAKING THE LAW A PAIN:D

She drove by me last year on deerfoot, I noticed her uniform and saw that she was doing about 120 in that POS so I caught up to get another look and drove beside her for fun. They're not allowed to wear uniforms while off duty, correct?

AllGoNoShow
07-19-2004, 11:36 PM
correct I believe, but if they are allowed, then Ive seen oen by the hamptons in a truck, was speding to

Hakkola
07-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by illeagle

Name One car faster than a radio, and the Hawc1

I'm tired of people saying this, HAWC1 would have to already be in the air for them to call it for pursuit, and it's not in the air for most of the week. Secondly, if you get out of the cops line of sight he can't radio your position to other cars. HAWC1 is completely useless in most situations if it's not already in the air, the thing takes like 5 minutes to take off from what I've seen, not to mention the time it would take to get to the farther quadrants of the city, and most chases don't last very long.

I've heard quite a few stories of people getting away from the cops.

I'm not condoning running from the cops, I'd never do it, but it's easier than a lot of people think.

AllGoNoShow
07-19-2004, 11:43 PM
yah i dont mean to make people do it but my buddies dad parks in the same hanger has hawc1 and it takes 7 minutes to take off and yah, time to fly, then time to find the car, etc etc etc

sputnik
07-20-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
they pulled someone over and the cops had a flames flag in the back windows! :rofl:

I thought the rear windows in cop cars dont roll down.

:dunno:

Paul
07-20-2004, 11:17 AM
wasn't unmarked but a very sneaky cop had his trunk proped up with a beach ball sticking out. With the trunk up you couldn't see the light bar on the top of the car and with the freakin beach ball i certainly didn't expect it to be a cop car. Luckly it was in a playground zone and i always slow down for those. He was standing at the front of the car shooting lazer over top of it.

Sneaky-sneaky

AllGoNoShow
07-20-2004, 12:21 PM
I had one coming up Sarcee, ghost car with his trunk up, looked liek a dead car, until u pass and u see the cop in the bag with the radar gun

Seanith
07-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

I thought the rear windows in cop cars dont roll down.

:dunno:

It was an unmarked SUV. I'm sure normal cop cars windows don't roll down or only the driver can use them.. just like if you lock the passenger window in your car right?

bspot
07-20-2004, 05:31 PM
I'm thinking they are allowed to wear their uniforms on their way to work because I followed a protege doing 110 with a cop driving it all the way down crowchild to work this morning.

AllGoNoShow
07-20-2004, 05:37 PM
yah I find it funny how most off duty cops speed but whatever

dezmarez
07-21-2004, 01:20 AM
there was a h2 hummer at our school...and then i saw at at the police station by the winter club...anybody else seen this police
h2 hummer

AllGoNoShow
07-21-2004, 01:46 AM
seen it about 5 times, 3 at my school and 2 otherplaces

Ben
07-21-2004, 01:56 AM
Saw a multanova van with a spare tire out and 4 ways on when I was coming down deerfoot south from Airdrie, right where it goes down to 100 from 110. I figured it was suspect and braked hard, sure enough, I was right.

turbo_equiped
07-21-2004, 02:35 AM
Ok, if you go farther down from Deerfoot Mall, where all that rifle shooting range or something is. Their are police headquarters as well. You can see LOADS and LOADS of different undercover cars parked over there. It is just fucking scary to see.

AllGoNoShow
07-21-2004, 02:46 AM
thatd be an awsome place for ben to go get some new photos ;) *cough*hint*nudge*wink*

dezmarez
07-25-2004, 06:13 PM
i drove by there today
theres tons of white crown victorias and explorers

Skyline_Addict
07-25-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by cman

yes unfortunately a couple months ago i didnt do that, 80 in a 70 zone ticket woohoo:thumbsdow . but i have seen them in the exact same spot at least 5 times since then.

did you get pulled-over? is that the only way he can issue a ticket? cause he doesn't use photo radar, but just the laser to track your speed, right? cause i think i was going a bit over 70 before i saw him from around 50 meters away slowed down to like 60. is the only way to issue tickets this way, by getting pulled over?

cuz who knows, he could've got me with a camera and snapped my plate if i was unlucky..

cujo_cjc
07-25-2004, 11:49 PM
so how exactly would i qualify for demerits on my record
its only when the pull you over right
because if its photo radar they can't prove it was you right?

and will either of these tickets raise insurance or is it only when you get one with demerits?

have you guys seen any ghost cars on that bow trail extension before?

h22aseller
07-28-2004, 12:26 AM
if it is just a photo ticket you won't get any points off your license, and it shouldn't affect your insurance because it doesn't show up on your driving record.

Go4Long
07-28-2004, 12:39 AM
if you get your photo taken by a car with it's four way flashers on go back and take a picture of it to use in court...4 way flashers is one of the few things they are not allowed to do with their photo cars, apparently it has something to do with the 4 ways being a sign of distress or something...
I have seen cars jacked up with a wheel off...that was about the most creative I have seen

iblizzard
07-28-2004, 10:45 PM
Yeah, from what I heard the cops bought up 8 H2's for their fleet (I'm only assuming most of them are for promotional use?) Seems a little silly that they're spending their money on those when they could put it towards something a bit more useful (assuming that is the case)

And I've heard that they have one or two 5L mustang pursuit cars, completely done up and fast as all hell... again, not too sure how true that is either....

I'm a parts delivery driver, so I see all the unmarked cars around the NW... and it's true.. they drive anything and everything... if it's got wheels and a motor, they'll put some headlight strobes and some flashing red/blue lights on it and pull you over!

rvd
07-28-2004, 11:27 PM
seen a blue excursion suv on 17th ave s.e. back window and 4 passenger windows all tinted. Looked at the passenger side seen a police uni, nothing to do with radar or anything but just another weapon for there aresnal I guess.