PDA

View Full Version : Review Request

DarkDream
06-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Hey has anyone been to that new all you can eat chinese place.... at deerfoot mall.... I forgot what the name was.... but i am pretty sure you all know where deerfoot mall is located..... right next to deerfoot wal-mart...

foody goody and forbidden palace was there before until they closed down and this new place opened up.... I heard it was a lot better then the previous restuaraunts.... Just want to know if anyone know how it is there:dunno:

toyboy88
06-04-2004, 09:36 PM
it's alright...like other buffets...lots of food (steak, chicken, salmon, fish, noodles, rice, etc., but of course it's not that fresh but good value...like 15$ (can't remember exactly)...:) hope it helps

girlRACER
06-07-2004, 11:45 AM
- Restaurant name: Yangtze Buffet
- Food rating 4/5
- Ambience 3/5
- Service 3/5

They have every chinese dish imaginable and many choices to choose from but I would recommend the following choices:

Prime Rib - Comes as medium rare but there is someone on site to cook it for you if you want well-done. It is really juicy and tender.

Alaskan Crab Legs - I recommend taking advantage of the buffet and getting plate fulls since it is so expensive. Be sure to get them when they first come out cause the stuff on the bottom isn't as fresh.

Salmon Sashimi - Very fresh and tastes as if they were served in a sushi restaurant.

I recommend checking out all the seafood dishes. I didn't eat any of the chicken or noodle dishes but I was told that they were not good. There is also someone onsite to cook stirfry dishes for you but I have not tried it. They have a good selection of soups, a good salad and dessert aisle including mango pudding, coconut dessert and 6 flavors of ice cream.

Yangtze is much better than Treasures of China in terms of the types of food they offer and best value. However, be forewarned that it really depends on the timing. Somedays the food tastes better than others. I guess it depends on who is cooking :dunno:

Price per person: Originally $13/person but was increased to $15/person. It is $1-2 more expensive to go on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Hope this helps :)

CRXguy
06-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Umm..... I'd give that place a 1/5 rating for the food. Didn't taste good at all. What a waste of time going there. At least it's clean and the service isn't too bad.

DarkDream
06-07-2004, 04:04 PM
i guess maybe it true how it might be good duiring certain times then....... But is the food like ginger beef.... salt a pepper squid.... Or is it half traditional chinese and half non traditional

toyboy88
06-07-2004, 04:20 PM
it's 11$ for lunch adult