PDA

View Full Version : Cop almost takes out boxster and slk32

kenny
10-21-2002, 06:59 PM
Driving southbound on Macleod today going pretty much speed limit since its pretty wet out there in front of a porsche boxster. The light ahead turns yellow (right before chinook) and I see a cop car in the far right lane, I am in the far left lane first car at the lights. The cop I guess assumes the driver is about to run the yellow, and nearly rear ends him. When the light turned green I accelerate up slowly and the boxster follows. What happens next is the dumbest thing I've seen from any driver, let alone a cop. He swerves across two lanes of traffic so he could get behind me and nearly nails my car, as well as the boxster who was just behind me. I don't see why he would make such an agressive lane change in such crappy weather just so he could get behind me... I totally expected the lights to go on, but they never did. We both made a left turn at the chinook lights and I turned into Home Depot, as he went towards Bagolac... I guess he was craving the pho!

I wonder how this would have played out had he actually nailed me, or the boxster. One would hope the other driver would be a witness for the other one!

End of Rant.

speedracer
10-21-2002, 07:06 PM
Ouch. From what I know traffic accidents resulting a police car is pretty bad for the officer if they caused the accident during non emergency situations.

Good thing nothing happened - would suck to have the slk 32 in the shop.

max_boost
10-21-2002, 07:06 PM
Interesting.......cops are invincible:rolleyes:

Stratus_Power
10-21-2002, 07:11 PM
haha i remember driving on Macleod once, going toward Southland drive, we were both at the Red light.. then all of a sudden he turns on the siren, went str8 the red light, turned into McDicks ( beside IBM), and he turned off the siren as he pulls into McDicks :P funny stuff

redec
10-21-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by speedracer
would suck to have the slk 32 in the shop.

...again :confused: :D

Big_Six_Boy
10-21-2002, 07:34 PM
"Chai-Low Dai Sai" :rolleyes:

Hakkola
10-21-2002, 07:40 PM
You shoulda got the number off the car and complained, I'd be so pissed off.

Speaking of porsche I saw that early model red 911 with kit and UGLIEST SPOILER. It was like a ricer spoiler on top of the stock spoiler, i spotted it from behind me, then I was cruisin down mcloed for 10 mins and i was still goin on about it, the girl that i was with found it funny. What a POS. Why would someone do that to a porsche?

T5_X
10-22-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
haha i remember driving on Macleod once, going toward Southland drive, we were both at the Red light.. then all of a sudden he turns on the siren, went str8 the red light, turned into McDicks ( beside IBM), and he turned off the siren as he pulls into McDicks :P funny stuff

HAHAHA!!! I saw the same thing on St Albert Tr in Edmonton, only the cop turned into a Timmy's :rofl:

Hey, if I was a cop, I'd do it :devil:

2K255HP
10-22-2002, 11:56 PM
Yes that is the general theory for most of them

Originally posted by Big_Six_Boy

Impreza
10-23-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Big_Six_Boy
so true

lammer
10-23-2002, 01:56 AM
you wanna talk about abusing powers?
okay i forgot the avenue that streches across where peters drive in is. but anyways it was a HEAVY traffic jam. cop couldn't get through so he turned on hsi sirens. everyone moved out of his way slowly. cop gets to intersection takesa left and goes into co-op.

cocoabrova
10-23-2002, 01:01 PM
This one time.... in front of my mom's house.... I saw a cop start from the beginning of our block and accelerate all the way down the street........so he could clear the BUS TRAP:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: It was around dinner time too in the summer, so the possibility of citizens observing this was inevitable, but it didn't look like it phased him at all:thumbsdow :guns:

kevie88
10-23-2002, 01:19 PM
heh.. I had a cop do that to chase me thru the bus trap on my motorcycle.. (motorcycles are impervious to bus traps) He destroyed his car (ripped the front L suspension clean off - the front wheel and suspension unit flew pretty far) so I didn't really see the need to stop and 'assist' him in giving me a ticket :D

Alpine Autowerks
10-23-2002, 10:37 PM
Cops totaled my 1st RX-7 when my wife was driving it north thru chinatown on Centre St n the reversed lane when 3 detectives in a cruiser swung out of the backed up single southbound lane and hit her head on. pushed the waterpump through the rad, nobody hurt. she had to wait for a Captian to be pulled out of the bar or donut shop to write the driver up as a Constable cannot give a ticket to a superior officer. Detective had to face a disciplinary hearing and the City wrote me a check for the car.

Dope Dealer
10-23-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Interesting.......cops are invincible:rolleyes:

Where is "The Impala cannot lose!" image when you need it? :thumbsup:

Hollywood
10-23-2002, 11:12 PM
I knew a guy that was hit by a cop that was accelerating dangerously. The city also gave him a check but they tried to screw him on his injuries. The man was pretty anti-cop after that.

But I guess most of the time it's a "phew" wipe your brow situation. Like eveyone else we have all seen many cilvilian drivers do wierd/crazy shit that were sooo close to being an accident. When you have to make split decisions in traffic even cops are not immune to accidents. I just hope the chase was worth while and not some teenager in a civic with a loud exhaust and some altezza's......Or in this case a porche and a SLK doing the speed limit.:dunno:

Hakkola
10-24-2002, 12:36 AM
accident. When you have to make split decisions in traffic even cops are not immune to accidents

Aha, we actually went over this in law class, they are considered professionals and held on a whole other level from regular drivers, they are trained and expected to perform to a certain standard, police officers are the last people who should be creating accidents, especially when no laws are being broken.

van
10-24-2002, 10:04 AM
I saw 2 cops racing on 17th and 52nd... they were at the lights... they look at each other.. and then when the light turns green they book it.. the both of them.. hahahaha

Cops Racing? How ironic of them to do that huh? I think we should be able to give them tickets too.

Maxt
10-24-2002, 06:40 PM
I think the funniest has to be the cop that had the head on with another cop car on 16th ave nw, landing on the lawn of SAIT, apparently involved in a chase of stolen car, the cop decides to try some kinda dirty harry manouevre and goes airborne nailing the oncoming cruiser. The teens in the stolen car had changed lanes to avoid the cop blockade apparently..
But like always there is another side to the story, before the cops could get their version of the story out, the kid in the car they were following talked to the media.
The car was towed to the impound yard, for a parking violation, the kid payed the impound fees and got the car back, however when the car was first missing his parents reported it stolen, but in fact was in a city impound. So you would think that with all the money the cops and the city spend on computer bullshit, the impound yard and the police computers would be linked and catch the Snafu electronically, however it didn't, and the police found themselves following a kid who's car came up as stolen, the kid was on the way to a graduation ceremony, was driving the speed limit, but told reporters, for some reason there was cop cars flying through the air behind him and around him while he motored along at a pedestrian speed of 50 km/hr... To funny....Maxt

van
10-24-2002, 09:12 PM
LOL.. goes to show how smart some popo's are..

ConVict
10-25-2002, 02:17 AM
This isnt the greatest Cop story ever told but it made me laugh...
I was driving along on 32st NE, Sitting at the lights... Watching them to see when I can start to go to get the early green... Just then the C-Trian lights start to go, and the bar starts to come down! well when that happens the lights going across turn red...
Well this stupid cop wasnt paying attention and got 40 % of the way through the intersection before he realized he fucked up , went through a red light, but also had to dodge the train bar thing... so he slams on his brakes, smoke and all... looks around, cause he doesnt know what to do for about 5 seconds... turns on his flashers, then cuts through the poles... Almost got hit by the train... and then by a car on the other side! got through the intersection then turned his lights off...

you kinda had to see the look on his face when he realized...Oh shit i wasnt paying attention, what the fuck do I do!!
:thumbsdow if a regular person did that they would get their license taking away

T5_X
10-25-2002, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by ConVict
This isnt the greatest Cop story ever told but it made me laugh...
I was driving along on 32st NE, Sitting at the lights... Watching them to see when I can start to go to get the early green... Just then the C-Trian lights start to go, and the bar starts to come down! well when that happens the lights going across turn red...
Well this stupid cop wasnt paying attention and got 40 % of the way through the intersection before he realized he fucked up , went through a red light, but also had to dodge the train bar thing... so he slams on his brakes, smoke and all... looks around, cause he doesnt know what to do for about 5 seconds... turns on his flashers, then cuts through the poles... Almost got hit by the train... and then by a car on the other side! got through the intersection then turned his lights off...

you kinda had to see the look on his face when he realized...Oh shit i wasnt paying attention, what the fuck do I do!!
:thumbsdow if a regular person did that they would get their license taking away

LOL, where's that pic of the c-train and the smashed cop car with the owned caption?