PDA

View Full Version : I've begun the long road ahead

403Gemini
06-05-2004, 01:31 AM
I PASSED TODAY

3:38 completion time with a limit of max 4:00

6 laps through obstacle course, 6 arcs of the push 80 lbs, 4 up and downs, 6 arcs of the pull 80 lbs and then the 100 lbs torso bag carry

http://www3.telus.net/403gemini/pare.jpg

yup ive begun the first step of being accepted to becoming a police officer :D im so damn excited!

lam-boy
06-05-2004, 01:37 AM
good job wayne!

BigBearWest
06-05-2004, 02:31 AM
Con grats man

Lennon
06-05-2004, 08:01 AM
Where did you go/going to school for it?

5abi
06-05-2004, 10:20 AM
hey congrats man, i'm definatly becoming a copper also, is the test hard, or ez???

what r ur body stats also 2 put things in perpective

EK 2.0
06-05-2004, 10:43 AM
Go Officer Wayne Go...:thumbsup:

403Gemini
06-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by 5abi
hey congrats man, i'm definatly becoming a copper also, is the test hard, or ez???

what r ur body stats also 2 put things in perpective

i work out about 2-4 times a week (depending on schedule) so im decently fit. im not like ripped or uber muscular, but fit. 5'11 160 lbs

and yea the test its fuckin tough, its do-able and a lot of it is psychology. you just gotta keep pushing yourself cause EVERYBODY there had the exact same feelings, after the 4th lap you feel like you wanna die but the first 3 are like nothing. its like once you start the 4th lap it hits you like a ton of bricks that you are only 1/2 way done the obstacle course AND you have that damn push pull machine left. But like i said the test is designed to be passed by somebody who is fit and active, whether they are 20-50, if they work out frequently they can do it.

my body still hurts from it tho ;) for those 4 minutes in the obstacle course and push/pull you push your body to an ungodly limit haha even the stairs dont LOOK bad but when you're on them on the 5th & 6th lap you can tell you are slowing down so bad.

its funny cause i almost let the weights drop once on the push exercise but all these people are around you cheering its like a huge burst of energy, i just went all barbarian on it an was grunting and giving it hell hahah. every grunt people are like "YEA FUCK THAT SUCKER UP WAYNE" haha event he instructors are cheering for you its awesome

its probably one of the most rewarding feelings afterwards, nobody understands that tho, cause they look at that pic i posted and are like "oh shit thats easy!" lol thats what i thought even after i saw a video of people doing it, but when your on it you bust your ass off. i averaged about 23 seconds a lap and they say if you can average 27 seconds a lap your doing fantastic

86max
06-05-2004, 01:58 PM
Good job wayne.....remind me never to try to run from you:)

EK 2.0
06-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by 86max
Good job wayne.....remind me never to try to run from you:)

Just run in a group Mr. Longcake...you only have to be faster than the slowest person...:D

Dj_Stylz
06-05-2004, 02:24 PM
good work:thumbsup:

gavin
06-05-2004, 08:18 PM
props man, looks luike hard work!:thumbsup:

Kamen
06-05-2004, 11:11 PM
:clap: Good job man!!

86max
06-06-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Just run in a group Mr. Longcake...you only have to be faster than the slowest person...:D

I'll just run towards you then:D

EK 2.0
06-06-2004, 09:01 AM

I'll just run towards you then:D

awww sheeit:(

autobodygal
06-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Congrats man, always nice to see someone obtaining their goals! :thumbsup:

DJ Lazy
06-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Hey Wayne... congratulations man... You been working hard for along time... Glad to see all is going well... :thumbsup:

hockeybronx
06-06-2004, 02:30 PM
Nice work man, I've never seen the Police setup before.

I am currently preparing for my Firefighter application one. They call it the CPAT, and from what I've heard it's pretty tough. However I know that there is a time where you just set your mind to it and your intensity makes you able to do anything you want. Failure is not an option.

403Gemini
06-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Nice work man, I've never seen the Police setup before.

I am currently preparing for my Firefighter application one. They call it the CPAT, and from what I've heard it's pretty tough. However I know that there is a time where you just set your mind to it and your intensity makes you able to do anything you want. Failure is not an option.

when you run it, keep thinking that! thats what keeps you going

ryder_23
06-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Awsome wayne....congrats :thumbsup:

i got a few questions, i'll msn ya later...

TomTom
06-06-2004, 11:09 PM
im jelious i really want to do that, but i gota wait 3 years lol

hockeybronx
06-07-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by TomTom
im jelious i really want to do that, but i gota wait 3 years lol

I know a lot of people who are in the same boat as you. You gotta keep clean man, it'll catch up with you eventually!

Well hopefully you can stay clear so I can say good luck in three years.

403Gemini
06-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

I know a lot of people who are in the same boat as you. You gotta keep clean man, it'll catch up with you eventually!

Well hopefully you can stay clear so I can say good luck in three years.

you hafta be crime free for minimum 3 years. including ... well everything. drug use, DUI, fights, etc etc. its been tough to stay outta the fights but meh i did it

lam-boy
06-07-2004, 01:10 AM
when you become a cop, take me for a ride in the cruiser, haahha pull people over ( people that we know ) haha

403Gemini
06-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy
when you become a cop, take me for a ride in the cruiser, haahha pull people over ( people that we know ) haha

we could hunt down arif!

lam-boy
06-07-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

we could hunt down arif!

umm no..we shouldn't...now that he knows what we are thinking...yes..by all means...we...shouldn't..get...umm..arif...yes..:rolleyes:

"Do you know why we pulled you over?"

Arif : Wayne? Steve? that you guys?

"Sir, please answer the question, do you know why we pulled you over?"

86max
06-07-2004, 07:25 AM
hahahah

Arif : "ummmm......no"

"Your car is too slow.....we must confiscate and put it to better use.....consider purchasing a saturn:thumbsup: "

Davetronz
06-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Awesome stuff man. I have always wanted to take that test but because of my back my doctor says I cant do it until I am feeling a lot better.
:thumbsup:

EK 2.0
06-07-2004, 09:57 AM

Last time I let you use my PC for tix Steve...

Originally posted by 403Gemini

we could hunt down arif!

BTW that advice cost you 10,000 dollars...

umm no..we shouldn't...now that he knows what we are thinking...yes..by all means...we...shouldn't..get...umm..arif...yes..:rolleyes:

"Do you know why we pulled you over?"

Arif : Wayne? Steve? that you guys?

hahahah

Arif : "ummmm......no"

"Your car is too slow.....we must confiscate and put it to better use.....consider purchasing a saturn:thumbsup: "

THAT's Police Brutality...I am reporting you to your supervisor (when you get one):D

Ben
06-07-2004, 11:00 AM
Wayne! Thats awesome!!!!!! Good job buddy!

I've had to do that dead weight pull before in full firefighters gear after running a similar obsticle course. Normally with the 100 lbs its easy cause I just puck it up and throw it over my shoulder, but when you have to pull it while walking backwards cause you've got a full fire figuters gear on, that 100 lbs of dead weight is brutal.

Congrts again! You'll be able to pull it off no probem.