PDA

View Full Version : New SRT-4 dyno runs.

Phuqu
06-05-2004, 03:46 PM
Had a chance to head up to APEX Modified up in Edmonton. Did a few runs on the dyno.

On average with the dial-a-boost at 3 and the RaceGas switch on gained 30hp and 50 ft-lbs over my previous runs back in April.

Best run was 269hp and 310ft-lbs. Very impressed. Crazy torque even with the 19" rims.

Very good torque curve. As soon as I can get the run hosted I'll let you know.

Mods are Mopar STS, Mopar BOV, Mopar Stage 3 Coilovers, Mopar Stage 2 Turbo Upgrade with Turbo Toys, Mix of 91 Octane and 104 Race Gas, 19" Centerlines

speedracer
06-05-2004, 05:17 PM
heh 269 Hp ;):clap:

C4S
06-05-2004, 05:19 PM
WoW ! what did u do on the car ? 269 ??

rhizzle
06-06-2004, 12:28 AM
impressive man, not bad at all.

Ek9Max
06-06-2004, 12:46 AM
nice numbers

ZMan2k2
06-06-2004, 05:15 AM
I'm loving that torque "curve". Not so much a curve, but pretty flat. Nice.:thumbsup:

ACX
06-06-2004, 12:33 PM
nice results fuxor..:eek: :whipped: :barf: :whocares:

Phuqu
06-06-2004, 12:54 PM
You sober?

How's the party?

I should post up the results from Dial-a-Boost on the zero setting.

ACX
06-06-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Phuqu
You sober?

How's the party?

I should post up the results from Dial-a-Boost on the zero setting.

Partay was OK. I came back from Montreal where I really over did it. :bigpimp:

Setting zero??? Id' love to see that one lol..

JCX
06-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Solid results Phuqy, very nice. :nut:

What impresses me about the Stage 2 power band is it's gains are pretty much across the whole rev range. It's not peaky with unusual spikes or anything. How did the non race gas mode turn out?

The party wasn't bad, but unfortunately ACC kept asking women to activate his blowoff valve. :cry: :repost: :love:

ACX
06-06-2004, 08:52 PM
HAHAHA! almost 300 replies and 10 responses... Looks like the peanut gallery is quiet lol.

I still can't believe how bad your car hauls ass. From a roll it is crazy..

The funny thing is, the dyno #s dont' do it justice. It's a different car... So much quicker spool up. Scary. :hitit: :devil:

cocoabrova
06-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Nice numbers:thumbsup:
What kind of numbers would the Stage 3 give you? And how much?

Scat
06-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2
I'm loving that torque "curve". Not so much a curve, but pretty flat. Nice.:thumbsup:

Yeah
between 2500 and 4500, it's pretty flat.
Nicely done!

ACX
06-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
Nice numbers:thumbsup:
What kind of numbers would the Stage 3 give you? And how much?

Not out yet, so god only knows... :hitit:

those #s are obviously underrated.

http://www.mopar.com/srt_stage_3.htm

legendboy
06-07-2004, 08:12 AM
lets see a graph of your air/fuel!

benyl
06-07-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by ACX
HAHAHA! almost 300 replies and 10 responses... Looks like the peanut gallery is quiet lol.

I still can't believe how bad your car hauls ass. From a roll it is crazy..

The funny thing is, the dyno #s dont' do it justice. It's a different car... So much quicker spool up. Scary. :hitit: :devil:

BAH! it is just a NEON!!!!

hahhahaha just jokes. That is one sweet ass car! What happened to my thread? hehe

ACX
06-07-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
lets see a graph of your air/fuel!

I'd bet he didn't even pull a/f on the dyno. I can tell you it will be between 10-11 for most of the run though...:zzz: :thumbsup:

Phuqu
06-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Here is the A/F for the pull.

Dj_Stylz
06-07-2004, 12:04 PM
Crazy

ACX
06-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Nice A/F. Mopar Foot pump Dial-a-Fuel pressure regulator??

:devil: :clap:

Toma
06-07-2004, 02:17 PM
Man, great power.... what's it run at the track?

Phuqu
06-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Opening night at Racecity I ran a 14.6 at 98.5mph. 2.6 60ft. That was without Stage 2. I'm trying to get down there again to run with the Stage 2. So as of right now no runs with Stage 2.

Fuji
06-07-2004, 06:06 PM
impressive

special blend
06-09-2004, 08:34 PM
2.6 60ft:eek: . Little room for improvent there man. Sweet #'s though. I'll look forward to seeing it run at the track.

Z_Fan
06-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Do you have some pictures of your car for ME since I haven't seen it. Nice numbers BTW.

Phuqu
06-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Some here in the Dodge thread.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47373

rage2
06-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Great numbers! I'll bet if you fixed that AFR you'd probably see over 300whp :eek:.

Hollywood
06-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by ACX

Your a geek!

I think the neon srt4 is a cool car. It's obvious that there are people do not like it cause its a neon etc... So when haterz comment, the neon/domestic guys fight back. Then it becomes internet forum fighting and possibly ruining the thread.

So here now was a good going thread and you have to make a stupid comment. "Way to go A-hole!"

eb0i
06-09-2004, 09:04 PM
wow that's awesome, i love the look of the car too, pretty damn sweet :clap: :clap: :clap:

ACX
06-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

Way to go A-hole

:bigpimp:

Just funning around!

Me and JCX saw you driving but I couldn't react quick enough for an ass kicking.. :nut: :D

Phuqu
06-10-2004, 02:11 AM
Me or Hollywood?

ACX
06-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by ACX

:bigpimp:

Just funning around!

Me and JCX saw you driving but I couldn't react quick enough for an ass kicking.. :nut: :D

Both cars would kick my ass lol... but I was talking bout holly-wierd..:whipped: :devil: :bigpimp:

Hollywood
06-10-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by ACX

Both cars would kick my ass lol... but I was talking bout holly-wierd..:whipped: :devil: :bigpimp:

Dewd I'm not even in Calgary right nowWTF u talking about?

No one thinks your comment is funny....:thumbsdow

Phuqu
06-11-2004, 01:04 AM
You notice how many people are standing around his bumper?

ACX
06-11-2004, 07:45 AM

No one thinks your comment is funny....:thumbsdow

I saw a green 240 like yours, last week.. thought it had an intracoiler..:dunno: not trying to be funny...:barf: :dunno:

JCX
06-11-2004, 10:47 AM

It was about 2 weeks ago I'd say, down in the South end. It was a 240 like the one in your sig and was turboed, same type of exhaust. We thought it was you, were going to try to catch you to have a look at the car :devil:. Perhaps there's another like yours :dunno: . Being serious here.

Phuqu
06-11-2004, 10:50 AM
:drama: :D

JCX
06-11-2004, 11:35 AM
:drama: :D

Get to work! :english:

Hollywood
06-11-2004, 11:39 AM
2 weeks ago maybe....Im the only s14 with greddyDD exhaust so probly was me. But the Apexi dual N1 looks similair.

Phuqu
06-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by JCX

Get to work! :english:

Maybe if I had a job. :rofl:

I'm on Government Assisted Summer Vacation.

Please support my racegas fund.

ACX
06-11-2004, 12:46 PM
2 weeks ago maybe....Im the only s14 with greddyDD exhaust so probly was me. But the Apexi dual N1 looks similair.

haha I'm not crazy :nut:

Farking Bonaventure and 90th lol.. :clap:

Hollywood
06-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by ACX

haha I'm not crazy :nut:

Farking Bonaventure and 90th lol.. :clap:

hehehe u win.:angel:

Billet
06-12-2004, 11:51 AM
damn DODGE takes over!!! sweeeeet

DefektiveVibe
07-18-2004, 09:51 PM
this guys car is sooo nice...went for a ride in it today and damn is it fast ! thanks again man

slikk_300z
07-19-2004, 01:09 PM
dam that car looks beautiful. love the wheels. what r those rims worth?

great work on the car dude, keep it up its gonna kick some ass

crazydriver27
07-19-2004, 01:13 PM
I've test drove the SRT4 and STi on last friday...

SRT4 was pretty fast..... US$22000 cheap and fast.... :)

accidently i went over the red zone on 1st gear...

and that car had back fire.... I was surprised!!!:thumbsup:

but i didnt like the driving position... hard to put 3rd gear...

the shifter was to far from the seat.... ( my arm isnt that short...)
:poosie:

anyway...

the car was fast enough...

legendboy
07-19-2004, 01:43 PM
now you srt-4 guys just have to find a way to get into the 13's :rofl:

ACX
07-19-2004, 02:38 PM
I think Phuqie ran a 14.1.. in 30 degree air So I think It's just practice from here... I hope... I need to shell mine, and hire John force..

:bullshit: :eek:

Phuqu
07-19-2004, 06:44 PM
I'll have 13's next time out. I couldn't find 3rd gear at all that night. The one time I did have a good run it was a 14.1 with a 2.35 60ft. With a little practice and a cooler night that doesn't have me driving with sweaty nuts I'll be in the 13's.

Either way I showed a 1/2 second improvement from April 24th. My crappy runs were still faster than my best runs from April.

I'll get there. And I'll do it on the 19" rims too.

I could have removed the spare tire and cd's and radio and 2 sets of floor mats and my flame retardant racing suit. I should have taken a dump and had my hair cut that day. Next time I will fill the tires up with helium. :)

The nice thing about my times is that my car was heavier in April and the conditions were worse.

But you are right about the 13's. That's where I would like to be.

ACX
07-24-2004, 02:27 PM
A little birdie told me 2 SRTs accidentally fell into the 13s last night...

:burnout: :whocares:

Phuqu
07-24-2004, 05:36 PM
They were pushed by Sti's.

:poosie:

1badPT
07-25-2004, 01:22 PM
What were the times of the SRT-4s?

ACX
07-25-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
What were the times of the SRT-4s?

13.7X at about 104
13.6X at about 101

not sure of the exact times..:drama:

infernal
07-27-2004, 08:06 AM
hey add a type-r sticker... you'll gain another 50 to the wheels.

Redlyne_mr2
07-27-2004, 12:34 PM
How are these cars to drive with that much power to the wheels? I drove a 220whp civic once and it was ass.
1st gear=spin spin spin torque steer, 2nd gear= torque steer spin spin spin 3rd gear=spin traction spin traction..finally we are going somewhere. slow down...repeat the process all over again:thumbsdow

Just wondering whats a good hp number on these cars until they are no longer any good to drive?

ZorroAMG
07-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by infernal
hey add a type-r sticker... you'll gain another 50 to the wheels.

Clown :rolleyes:

boostfed
07-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
How are these cars to drive with that much power to the wheels? I drove a 220whp civic once and it was ass.
1st gear=spin spin spin torque steer, 2nd gear= torque steer spin spin spin 3rd gear=spin traction spin traction..finally we are going somewhere. slow down...repeat the process all over again:thumbsdow

Just wondering whats a good hp number on these cars until they are no longer any good to drive?

You need to learn better if you think a 220 WHP civic is terrible to drive :) ;)

My old roomie in dallas had a nice EG hatch with a built stock sleeve LS/VTEC, unported head, a full-race turbo kit with a T3/T67, and hondata. Made 440 WHP on pump gas, he drove it every day, and I thought it was pretty driveable. Sure if you just plugged it WOT in first gear from a dead dig it'll spin like hell, but you just have to pedal it.

ACX
07-27-2004, 02:22 PM

If you ever want a test drive, let me know.

They are decent. I have no issues with 239/268 Torque steer is not a huge issue believe it or not - in a straight line at least..

Punching it with the wheels turned from a crawl is a little dangerous, but the car itself is pretty easy to drive...

Stage 1 goes in soon which jacks the boost in first. I'll let you know..

:cry: :angel:

Redlyne_mr2
07-27-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by boostfed

You need to learn better if you think a 220 WHP civic is terrible to drive :) ;)

My old roomie in dallas had a nice EG hatch with a built stock sleeve LS/VTEC, unported head, a full-race turbo kit with a T3/T67, and hondata. Made 440 WHP on pump gas, he drove it every day, and I thought it was pretty driveable. Sure if you just plugged it WOT in first gear from a dead dig it'll spin like hell, but you just have to pedal it.
Maybe its just because Im not really into the whole straight line drag thing but wheres the fun in that? You take a car like that onto a road course and its useless, youll end up spinning when accelerating out of every corner. There is a point when fwd just isnt fun anymore.

Originally posted by ACX

If you ever want a test drive, let me know.

They are decent. I have no issues with 239/268 Torque steer is not a huge issue believe it or not - in a straight line at least..

Punching it with the wheels turned from a crawl is a little dangerous, but the car itself is pretty easy to drive...

Stage 1 goes in soon which jacks the boost in first. I'll let you know..

:cry: :angel:
That would be awesome, are you into autox or road course? Id like to see one of those high hp fwd cars in action on the turns. The SRt4's have a quaife LSD do they not? That should really help even out that power a bit when getting it to the ground

speedracer
07-27-2004, 03:44 PM

That would be awesome, are you into autox or road course? Id like to see one of those high hp fwd cars in action on the turns. The SRt4's have a quaife LSD do they not? That should really help even out that power a bit when getting it to the ground

The 2004 models came with quaife LSD that has been abused on the race track before production ;)

Torque steer - seems minimal and I would say that is prob from quaife. Haven't tracked one at a full road course yet ;)

Stage 3 is where it's at :poosie:

boostfed
07-28-2004, 09:18 PM

Maybe its just because Im not really into the whole straight line drag thing but wheres the fun in that? You take a car like that onto a road course and its useless, youll end up spinning when accelerating out of every corner. There is a point when fwd just isnt fun anymore.

He did road race it, as well as autocrossing. Put a 9 psi spring in the tial and it was only making like 350 horsepower to the wheels. Use the AVC-R to bring more boost on in the higher gears.

googe
07-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Curious about how this works mechanically, anyone know?

• Boost hold feature during WOT shifts. Keep the pedal to the metal, blip the clutch, and grab the next gear. Do it fast enough before the redline, and your reward will be a zero-lag, constant boost shift.

Also, why does mopar sell a BOV for it when its a mass-airflow setup? I thought I remember hearing they had a way of addressing the issues with that, do they do something special?

rage2
07-29-2004, 01:58 PM
You have a lot to learn.

Watching the gutted turbo CRX with suction fans run at the AutoX 2 years ago was awesome. Pulled FTD (or close to) every time it's out.

rage2
07-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by googe
Curious about how this works mechanically, anyone know?

• Boost hold feature during WOT shifts. Keep the pedal to the metal, blip the clutch, and grab the next gear. Do it fast enough before the redline, and your reward will be a zero-lag, constant boost shift.
Shift fast enough, and the throttle body completely open, the turbo does not have anything to slow it down. You even get a small boost spike at the beginning of the next gear.

googe
07-29-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Shift fast enough, and the throttle body completely open, the turbo does not have anything to slow it down. You even get a small boost spike at the beginning of the next gear.

Well, how is that something the new PCM can add as a feature? Stage 2 supposedly adds this

rage2
07-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by googe
Well, how is that something the new PCM can add as a feature? Stage 2 supposedly adds this
Is the SRT-4 drive-by-wire? If so, that would explain it. Or the ECU controls the wastegate differently on WOT shifts?

Phuqu
07-30-2004, 02:02 AM
It's not drive by wire.

I do know that there are quite a few solenoids and vacuum lines that are controlled by the computer. If you mess with them the computer gets pissed and retards timing and lower boost. Basically a temper tantrum unless everything is back to normal.

As for the WOT shifting. It does work and I'm assuming that the boost just stays there while your foot is on the pedal. Wouldn't it stay there as long as you were on the gas anyway? Why would you lose boost if you shifted? I could see if you let off the gas.

I should try it on my brothers turbo Colt.

P NUT
07-30-2004, 07:59 AM
A while back i had the oppurtunity to drive around in an SRT-4. The car was upgraded, *equivalent* to Stage 3 i guess. I don't know how much power it made, but it was noticebly faster than a stock one, I'd guess 30-40hp more. I think the boost was set pretty low. You SRT guys might have a better idea of how much power it would make.

Anyaway, regarding big power and FWD:
The car actually had really good traction. If you punched it in first from say, a 20 km/h roll, the tires would lite up, but once in 2nd, it was all good. Torque steer is minimial too. I tried going around some corners fast in 2nd and matting it, and the car just stuck. The quaiffe is awesome. In other cars I've driven the inside wheel would just light up. Not the SRT-4. I have no doubt that power would not be a problem on autox.

Side-note, excuse me if I get off topic...

Anyways about the car in general:
- lots of power
- LOTS of torque
- mediocre handling
- uncomfortable
- built like a dodge

I don't know, but the car isn't for me. It is FUN but just doesn't have the balance that I like in a car. It's a great motor in a mediocre car and well, I guess that's not enough for me. I think I would tire of this car after about a week. This doesn't mean that I don't respect it, but it's just not my taste.

I have a serious question for you SRT-4 guys in this thread, out of curiosity. What were you driving before you got your SRT-4?

Phuqu
07-30-2004, 08:16 AM
An STi. :guns:

benyl
07-30-2004, 08:59 AM
An STi. :guns:

fo shizzle?

yohan4ws
07-30-2004, 11:36 AM
car must be a blast to drive with the tq down so low ... i be you love launching! :thumbsup: nicely done.

rental_metard
08-01-2004, 12:23 AM
nice looking car man:thumbsup:

ACX
08-01-2004, 01:35 PM
A couple things...

The SRT4 is not a Mass air car, it is speed density, so the BOV is not an issue. If it was mass air you would have to circulate back past the MAF.

I wouldn't consider the MOPAR piece a blow off valve though, a plate to vent it at the bypass valve.. More of a dog whistle really. :bigpimp:

WOT boost hold shift evidently is on 2004 PCM out of the gate. It is advertised in stage I as well.

I drove a 2000 Mustang GT before the SRT.

As for build quality, I have no issue with mine. I have 13,000+kms on mine, and just did a big road trip with it (to winnipeg and back OMG!).. all fine.

New car bang for the buck champ.

***~~Equivalent~~*** to a Stage 3 Car would be by all insiders 350 wheel horsepower, that is a serious machine, more than 30-40 more.

:clap: :devil:
:)

Phuqu
08-02-2004, 11:25 PM
13000+?

:eek:

Now your kicking my ass.

ACX
08-03-2004, 08:14 AM
13000+?

:eek:

Now your kicking my ass.

Yep, I had to drive to winnipeg unexpectedly.. :cry:

I swapped out the plugs, put the MOPAR wires on as well as the K&N drop in.. It runs fantastic..

All the old plugs were gapped at 50 or over. The new CHumpions came at 40..:clap:

Edit: my bro's whip looks fantastic.. :hitit:

P NUT
08-03-2004, 08:30 AM
The car I drove was stage 2 and had the turbo compressor and turbines wheels changed. That would make it what, stage 2.5?

How much power should that make at 15psi?

And what are you guys doing about suspension? I found the car underdamped...

ACX
08-03-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by P NUT
The car I drove was stage 2 and had the turbo compressor and turbines wheels changed. That would make it what, stage 2.5?

And what are you guys doing about suspension? I found the car underdamped...

that would make it frankensteined stage II I guess. Probably a fun car :). I can only speculate on the power levels without specs or dynos. That should make more than adequate power, but I can't see it only getting 15lbs unless he has the boost capped...

Does he post on SRTforums?

Suspension for me is stock as of now. I don't do much gumball racing. A guy I know by the name of Phuqu has coilovers which perform admirably. He's fairly fat though, so bottom out city.. :barf:

Phuqu
08-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Some people would love to weigh 255lbs.

It's all the hot dogs I eat after going to the clubs. Next stop the Palomino.

http://www.rscotthooper.com/glamour/images/palominoclub3.jpg

ACX
08-04-2004, 08:35 AM
Some people would love to weigh 255lbs.

It's all the hot dogs I eat after going to the clubs. Next stop the Palomino.
]

You always have a pal... in the pal..:thumbsup:

Seriously though PNUT, the Coilovers are amazing..

p.s. just saw the username rental-metard. LMAO, that is a close second to Sexual Bannana for the funniest on the site.. :rofl:

JCX
08-04-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by P NUT

He's got BOTH the turbine and compressor wheel upgraded? Not calling BS, but I've never heard of anyone upgrading the turbine wheel. Some have had fueling issues with the upgraded compressor wheel, has he addressed the fuel system?

That car you mention would clearly put out good power, but probably not Stage 3 power. The stock SRT-4 manifold flows relatively poorly, the turbo housing itself flows relatively poorly, the O2 housing flows poorly, etc. All this adds up to rank heat. It would be hard to guesstimate his HP without knowing his complete setup. That being said I've seen VERY few 300+ whp dynos without a complete turbo swap.

Stage 3, having a larger turbo and different manifold, should offer at least as much boost, more volume and cooler charge temp. You'll also have the added bonus of factory driveability and no need to tune.