PDA

View Full Version : Varsity Pizza And Subs

hockeybronx
06-06-2004, 12:38 AM
I've been scrolling through a lot of threads and everybody is complaining about having to pay like $10.00 for lunch.

Thus I recommend Varsity Pizza and Subs, it's just west of Crowchild trail by the Brentwood C-Train station.

A loaded sub that fills you up and a drink for $5.00
:thumbsup:

Ven
06-06-2004, 01:01 AM
Yup, all the guys at work got subs from there Thursday. Best we've ever had and only 5 bucks! Quizno's can piss off with their $12 subs, shitty fountain pop, and small bag of air with some chips in it.

Neil4Speed
06-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Wow haha I didn't know that many other people knew about Varsity Pizza and Subs, when I was in Jr.High I used to go there frequently. I don't know for srue anymore, but I remember about 2 years ago they had a decent sized slice for $1.50!! incredible

There are many epople who foudn it to be way to greesy, however I didn't really think so. The people who work there are really nice too

Its alll good

QuasarCav
06-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Ven
Yup, all the guys at work got subs from there Thursday. Best we've ever had and only 5 bucks! Quizno's can piss off with their $12 subs, shitty fountain pop, and small bag of air with some chips in it.

Quizno's sucks.(period)

12 bucks for a toasted piece of bread and 50c of cold cuts. For that price someone should be serving it to me at my table!

Booourns

boy1_
06-12-2004, 01:57 PM
quiznos tastes alot better then subway, but is such a rip off i only go if someone else is paying

GTS Jeff
06-12-2004, 02:25 PM
:devil:

PhenomSE
06-12-2004, 04:57 PM
So where is this place?? By Market Mall across the street from that Shell?? Beside where Kicks Soccer store used to be?? :dunno:

hockeybronx
06-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by PhenomSE
So where is this place?? By Market Mall across the street from that Shell?? Beside where Kicks Soccer store used to be?? :dunno:

I think that sounds right. I don't know the exact address I just know how to get there. Look it up in the phone book, it will be worth your while!:D

cman
06-12-2004, 08:58 PM
yep same strip mall as the soccer store and subway(it hink).
good and very greasy pizza, decent subs

PhenomSE
06-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Sweet...think I might go try a sub out as I am very hung over and the pizza won't sit too well Haha :barf:

Dope Dealer
06-13-2004, 02:43 PM
I love this pizza :) They also deliver if you live close. It's a family business and they are pretty nice.

Blue Devil 2
06-13-2004, 02:49 PM
:thumbsup: Really good place!

toyboy88
06-13-2004, 05:19 PM
stick with thi thi subs...4ever and 4always:thumbsup:

PhenomSE
06-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
But it's sooo far away...and they aren't open on Sundays :drama:

ecstasy_civic
06-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Wow haha I didn't know that many other people knew about Varsity Pizza and Subs, when I was in Jr.High I used to go there frequently. I don't know for srue anymore, but I remember about 2 years ago they had a decent sized slice for $1.50!! incredible

There are many epople who foudn it to be way to greesy, however I didn't really think so. The people who work there are really nice too

Its alll good

me too, walked there everyday during lunch.

Jim is the man:thumbsup:

eb0i
06-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88

there are many better vietnamese sub places in the city that aren't so out of the way to get to....and not to mention CHEAPER.

accordboi_02
06-13-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by eb0i

there are many better vietnamese sub places in the city that aren't so out of the way to get to....and not to mention CHEAPER.

Where are the better places?
I've been a couple places, and nothing compares to Thi Thi yet...

toyboy88
06-14-2004, 07:09 AM
^^^same thing?:confused:

Beni
06-24-2004, 10:06 PM
dont they have donaris there too..if its the place i think it is..across from Churchill school right?? If so the donairs there are the best ever!!!!

BebeAphrodite
06-24-2004, 10:13 PM
^^-- Churchill school is in a different area than the Varsity Pizza store... it's about a 8 minute drive from one place to the other.

Ajay
06-25-2004, 01:14 AM
Varsity Pizza is right off of Shaganappi behind that little strip mall area that has that Play It Again Sports store.

Pretty wicked place!

hockeybronx
06-25-2004, 01:23 AM
Actually my only complaint is that a few times when I've been in there either the older man or older woman will handle the customers cash and then make my sandwich.:banghead:

I really hate it when places do that, clean plastic gloves can go so far!

That.Guy.S30
06-25-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by accordboi_02

Where are the better places?
I've been a couple places, and nothing compares to Thi Thi yet...

yes i would also like to know. its always good to know the competition and how to make our subs better.

Weapon_R
06-25-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Actually my only complaint is that a few times when I've been in there either the older man or older woman will handle the customers cash and then make my sandwich.:banghead:

I really hate it when places do that, clean plastic gloves can go so far!

Do you wear plastic gloves when you eat it? :)

PhenomSE
06-26-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

He's right...think about it...Money is one of the dirtiest things you can touch...How many hands has it touched and where has it been? Does it get washed or cleaned? :dunno: :barf:

hockeybronx
06-26-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

He's right...think about it...Money is one of the dirtiest things you can touch...How many hands has it touched and where has it been? Does it get washed or cleaned? :dunno: :barf:

Yeah but seeing how I'm germaphobic, after I order my food I put it down on the table and go to the washroom and wash my hands with hot water and soap, then I make sure I don't touch any door handles or anything before eating my food.

It sounds kind of anal I know, but I honestly get sick maybe 2 times a year, so it's worth it.

PhenomSE
06-27-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
I make sure I don't touch any door handles or anything before eating my food.
How do you get out of the washroom? And what about turning off the tap? :dunno: Not every washroom is a push door to get out and not every tap is automatic :drama:

Ben
06-27-2004, 08:39 AM

How do you get out of the washroom? And what about turning off the tap? :dunno: Not every washroom is a push door to get out and not every tap is automatic :drama:

never used paper towels to do that have you? And where there arnt, the good ole TP or sleeve come into play. Some places are nasty tho, I tend to avoid dirty establishments in the first place. McDonalds is number one on my hit list, Huge company and those tree huggers dont have paper towels in the bathroom where all those snot nosed POS kids come run in, shit and piss all over everything and run out without washing. I dont want the ill mannored filth of todays unwashed masses and beat ass kid germs on my hands.

hockeybronx
06-27-2004, 09:08 PM

Okay remember I am quite anal about this.

First I pull out the paper towels so I don't have to touch the button after I wash my hands. I wash my hands with soap and water and then dry my hands and then using the paper towel I turn the tap off, then using the paper towel again I open the doors.

It's not that hard, it's stupid but it's worth it when I don't ever get sick!

[GaGe]
06-28-2004, 07:18 PM
i bought lunch there a few times during school.. the pizzas REALLY greasy.

OK_Computer
06-28-2004, 09:44 PM
I usually like to lick the toilet seat, cuz then I don't get sick

PhenomSE
07-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Finally went to this place...decent prices...decent food...not everyday you can get a 12" Turkey sub for $4.00...BUT Thi Thi Subs still PWNZ!!!! :D

Beni
07-05-2004, 11:32 PM
oki so my brother took me hear and its actually really good! you get a good sub...and they have 8 inch sizes..perfect for me..and you get to play pac man! haha! definatly recommended

PhenomSE
07-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Beni
..and you get to play pac man! haha! definatly recommended
Haha And not one of the "newer" style arcades either...this is the real deal Atari sit down flat screen!! :thumbsup: :D