PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay wins Stanley Cup

Pages : 1 [2]

Kobe
06-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by dkny_stylez
wtf first goal was bs, shouldn't have been a penalty...FUCK YOU REF!:whipped:

dude remeber that out pp goal should of never happened, should of been our penelty not thers...
so it still would of been 1-0 :(

Willie Bobo
06-07-2004, 11:00 PM
the flames were beaten by a better team tonight. no excuses. no nothing. the sooner some of you people realize this the better off you'll be. there's no point in bitching about what could've been... (missed goal, missed penalty, etc.)

the flames were out-played, out-chanced and out-scored. plain and simple. sure, their fans don't deserve the cup as much as we do but that's besides the point.

get over it.

D'z Nutz
06-07-2004, 11:10 PM
As disappointed as I am, I think Tampa Bay deserved it. Khabibulin is one hell of a goalie and there's no denying that. If there was anyone keeping us from winning that cup, I'm glad it was him. He sure made us work for it. TB played very consistantly, so you can't say it was luck.

zeshan24
06-07-2004, 11:11 PM
go tell ur GF that her pussy is a Tampa Bay and u wanna fuck it.

frankdman
06-07-2004, 11:18 PM
i wanted to see a fight at least! fucken flames

Hakkola
06-07-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
Although it was a disappointment, I'm not all that bothered by the loss. Nobody thought the Flames would make it this far, hell nobody even thought they would make the playoffs this year. They beat 3 stellar teams in Vancouver, Detroit and San Jose, and took Tampa Bay to 7 games in the Stanley Cup Finals. It was an awesome run, and I'm sure we'll be back again soon!:thumbsup:

:werd:

I'm tired of all this "fuck Tampa Bay" and "tampa Bay sucks" bullshit though, it's like people say we lost to a shitty team, they deserved it just as much as we did.

Hopefully there will be some more entertaining seasons to come.

Hakkola
06-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

dude remeber that out pp goal should of never happened, should of been our penelty not thers...
so it still would of been 1-0 :(

No doubt, I'm also tired of the lame ass excuses like, "the ice was bad"

Newsflash, both teams had to play on the same surface...

Anyway, I'll try not to bitch about sore losers.

sync
06-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by frankdman
i wanted to see a fight at least! fucken flames

WOW.

pure fucking class.

"hey, if we can't win, lets start fights!"

:/

snipa_mini85
06-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Dave Andreychuk does not deserve to have a stanley cup ring!!!! All he does is stand behind the net and wait for the puck to come to him. All Dave Andreychuk deserves is a free pair of golf clubs!!!!

For being out of the playoffs for seven years, the flames made us proud to be a hockey fan again. I don't care that they were unable to bring back the stanley cup, they deserve to be honoured by Calgary anyways.

Idratherbsidewayz
06-07-2004, 11:57 PM
The game was won fair and square by Tampa Bay. They had the pressure constantly for the first two periods. Only once it was almost over did the Flames realize what shit they were in. They played really well 3rd period, I even thought they could tie it up before OT. Oh well, congratulations to Tampa Bay for a really good game and series. And most importantly, congratulations to the Flames for making it that far in the playoffs.

:thumbsup:

That one stop by Khabibulin was unbelievable...

Strider
06-07-2004, 11:59 PM
seriously, i think everyone should give the whole "bandwagon jumpers" thing a break... its great that the Flames had such a following this year in the playoffs, the increased revenue and media/fan support is enough to justify the "bandwagon jumping"

so you were cheering for the flames all along?? well la dee da, you should feel special... are you jealous that there are other fans now? do you want a freaking cookie?

this year was an awesome playoff run for the flames... what started off as an attempt to make the playoffs ended up as a close game seven in the stanley cup finals.... why don't we leave it at that... Flames are coming for the cup next year!

BTW, I think Khabibulin played an awesome series... he deserves as much credit as Kiprusoff

Congrats to Tampa for winning the cup, but we're coming back next year

hockeybronx
06-08-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
That one stop by Khabibulin was unbelievable...

Oh man it was soooo close, Leopold couldn't believe it. I think it hit the shaft of Khabibulins stick, but St. Louis also hit the shaft of Kiprusoff's stick also in the second period.

SI-vic
06-08-2004, 12:42 AM
this hurts.....

i cant believe the Flames lost
i was so sure that they were going to win

well the fortune teller that predicted at the beginning of the playoffs was right.... the Flames DID lose a heartbreaking game in the cup finals.
when i saw The Flames stand there in disbelief, I couldnt help to feel soooooooooooo damn bad for them.

Lets hope for a season in the 04-05 year and lets hope for another sensational playoff run by the Flames.
Lets hope for resignings for Kipper, Iggy, and the rest of the team.

It's been a great 2months but now I guess things can go back to normal...... I'll miss those boobies on 17th though.

403Gemini
06-08-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by rage2

So you started following the flames in 89 when they won, does that mean you were a bandwagoner back then? :) Just because someone doesn't watch the regular season/pre season games doesn't make them a bandwagoner. Some people live busy lives dude. I'll continue to watch just playoff flames hockey.

no offense rage2, but thats sorta a stupid comment. people live busy lives. yup, thats great, but for the last 2 months everybody seems to be able to shift around their shedule perfectly fine to be able to watch a flames game (or at least have an excuse to get shit faced for it).

see granted in the regular season you cant watch every game. its impossible, your absolutly right. but is it actually that hard to pick up a paper the next day to find out the score? or read about trades going on with the flames or the latest news?

*shrug* 88crx said it best

Originally posted by 88CRX

no no no.... i think its great that everyone is supporting the flames :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

just please stick with the team playoffs or no playoffs :thumbsup:

earlier this year, when they started, you would be ridiculed or made fun of for supporting the flames. most flames fans kept to themselves and stayed quiet. about 50% of this city that watched hockey probably cheered for another team. now that the flames made the playoffs, that switched. about 90% of the ENTIRE city (not just the hockey fans) liked the flames.

im happy it brought out potential new fans, yet at the same time we will realise by next season, the seats will be pretty empty in the saddledome, you'll hear the "shitty flames" comments rolling out by mid next season. things will resume how they once were.

my overall thoughts about the game and the flames?

sad, yet still proud. they made western confernce ! thats still a huge feat nobody expected. im proud. they've had my support for about 15 yrs now and will for the rest of my life. this is my roots. i remeber playing hockey as a kid and wanting to play with vernon, otto, mcinnis, fleury, newuidyke (sp? lol) etc. seeing the flames play as a collected team this year brings back memories as a kid. i wish i never quit playing hockey.

they made me genuinley proud. :thumbsup: and IMO tampa played harder this game, therfore they deserved this win. but flames put up a helluva fight! thats my boys!

googe
06-08-2004, 02:38 AM
someone ban hockeybronx

and next person to bitch about bandwagon jumping or even say the word bandwagon gets a public stoning.

CKY
06-08-2004, 02:48 AM
we played bad for teh first 2 periods, too little too late, we were out played. now lets hope we'll at least get some hockey next season, before the playoff talk starts again

SilverRex
06-08-2004, 02:52 AM
my thoughts:

I am totally in awe and thumbs up to the flames this year.
it is very sad to see we were so close to winning the cup. Only one stupid goal in game 6 that would have ended it all.

however, while we're winning, its good to go for the gold but once defeated, all you have to do is look back at what the Flames accomplished and you will be happy.

I still agree with coach sutter, I think the NHL is trying to stop the Flames from getting the cup. With the CBA and negotiation coming up, having the Flames will the cup will not work well for them.

All I have to say is, I cant wait till the next season starts when Calgary recovers from all of its injuries, and please tell me Calgary made a fortune with all the ticket sales and merchandise so now we can actually start building a better hockey club.

If history stands, Calgary didnt win the cup until 3 years later after the loss in 1986. So lets give Calgary another 3 years to finish the job.

P.S for all those who are talk about people jumping on and off the bandwagon, who gives a @#$ , didnt I hear someone mention Calgary has one of the higher average attendance despite missing the playoff for 7 years. I think its great that people are all fired up now, perhaps this is a beginning of a new era for the flames. The energy created this year by the fans will not go away anytime soon. Lets have a few more playoff years and we're back in business.

SI-vic
06-08-2004, 02:56 AM
It's not the fact that Calgary didnt get the cup that makes me.... disappointed

its the fact that the FLAMES didnt get the cup that makes me disappointed. They worked so hard and they were brilliant in the playoffs. nobody but Calgary fans gave them a chance and look what they proved to the world.

Like I said earlier,
when I saw the Flames standing there watching the Lightning celebrate, thats when it hit me.... thats when I thought to myself...

"Damn that sucks"
I'd hate to be in the mind of ANY Flames player from the end of the game till the next couple of weeks.

rage2
06-08-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
no offense rage2, but thats sorta a stupid comment. people live busy lives. yup, thats great, but for the last 2 months everybody seems to be able to shift around their shedule perfectly fine to be able to watch a flames game (or at least have an excuse to get shit faced for it).
All I have to say is, I'm happy to have an understanding wife that's put up with me watching so much hockey the last 2 months. She's done all the chores around the house! I think my boss will be happy too that I'm not leaving early every game day to watch the game, or coming in late to sleep in because I stayed up too late. Sure everyone made time to watch the game, try doing the same thing for 9 months of the year instead of 2... I'll either lose my job or get divorced! :rofl:

I'm glad it's over, normal life can resume once again.

Originally posted by 403Gemini
see granted in the regular season you cant watch every game. its impossible, your absolutly right. but is it actually that hard to pick up a paper the next day to find out the score? or read about trades going on with the flames or the latest news?
Of course. How else will I know if we made it to the playoffs? ;)

Dj_Stylz
06-08-2004, 09:08 AM
I am proud of the flames to make it that far:clap:

3g4me
06-08-2004, 09:28 AM
If we really wanted the cup we coulda hade it. But the fact of the matter is that tampa wanted it more. And it showed in game 7.:(

GTS Jeff
06-08-2004, 11:15 AM
tampa bay didnt win shit. after the horseshit on tv was over, my rooomie and i broke out the old dreamcast and NHL2k2. we played a million drunken games of calgary vs. tampa and worked those fools over and over again. GO FLAMES GO!

Marsh
06-08-2004, 11:32 AM
On the home page it says Tampa Bay Lightnings, its actually just Lightning.

403Gemini
06-08-2004, 02:13 PM

All I have to say is, I'm happy to have an understanding wife that's put up with me watching so much hockey the last 2 months. She's done all the chores around the house! I think my boss will be happy too that I'm not leaving early every game day to watch the game, or coming in late to sleep in because I stayed up too late. Sure everyone made time to watch the game, try doing the same thing for 9 months of the year instead of 2... I'll either lose my job or get divorced! :rofl:

I'm glad it's over, normal life can resume once again.

Of course. How else will I know if we made it to the playoffs? ;)

yea your right

:thumbsup: to fanstatic wives and understanding bosses :D

1-Bar
06-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Congrats to the Calgary Flames for a stunning season. Back when it first started I don't think anyone would have thought they would be in the Stanley Cup Finals let alone the playoffs.

Kudos to a job well done...what other team can say that they have united a city in the way that Calgary has become?!?

ICEBERG
06-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Ref's did a good job handing the silver cup to US. No body really wanted the flames to be there. I guess hard work does not allways pay when you have sh!t A$$ ref's in NHL.

I wonder if they did this on purpose so there will be no lock down next year. US market needed some TV contracts, so hand the cup over to Tampa and you got your ratings for next year and that = $$$$$.. If canadian teams started to win the cup, you would have no ABC coverage no ESPN coverage and that would = NO $$$$$$.

rage2
06-08-2004, 03:38 PM
I keep hearing about the refs... I honestly think that the refs did a good job last night. I don't think it was because they wanted to give it to the US. Calgary played worse last night than Tampa, pure and simple. Anyone that debates that is in denial.

As for ratings, it didn't matter if we won or Tampa bay won. NHL lost. The ratings were horrible. Nobody in the states cared if either team won. ABC already decided it wasn't going to carry it next year, and ESPN (I believe) have signed on for less money.

Billy
06-08-2004, 03:56 PM
all and all, the flames did their best, and they are still an awesome team, so as fans we should keep cheering for them.

Billy
06-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
tampa bay didnt win shit. after the horseshit on tv was over, my rooomie and i broke out the old dreamcast and NHL2k2. we played a million drunken games of calgary vs. tampa and worked those fools over and over again. GO FLAMES GO!

:clap: :rofl:

Cyruss12
06-08-2004, 04:00 PM

Nobody in the states cared if either team won.

More people in the states watched then you would think

gongSHOW
06-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Cyruss12

not really man the stats on average for the first four games of the stanley cup finals were 1 million in the states on ESPN and ABC in the states and 3.5 million on CBC in Canada. I don't think these stats include all the people who watch in bars and at friend's houses, so the number could be even higher!

civicluva
06-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Not much of a let down but I would prefer they win. They were do so well then all of a sudden bam! I the blame game 6 goal too.

rage2
06-08-2004, 04:12 PM

NEW YORK (AP) -- Despite a relatively strong showing for Tampa Bay's Game 7 win over Calgary on Monday night, the average rating for the five Stanley Cup final games on ABC were the lowest since the network began broadcasting the finals again in 2000.

The Lightning's 2-1 win got a 4.2 rating with a 7 share. That's down 9 percent from the 4.6 with an 8 for New Jersey's 3-0 win over Anaheim in Game 7 last year -- the highest-rated NHL game since broadcast networks began carrying the finals in 1998.

Still, the rating for Monday's game was well above the five-game average of 2.6 with a 5 share.

With one team from Canada and another from a nontraditional hockey market, the ratings were anemic throughout the series. The first two games were on ESPN, with Game 1 tying for the lowest-rated finals game on the cable network since 1990.

The rating is the percentage of all homes with TVs, whether or not they are in use. Share is the percentage of homes with TVs in use. Each rating point represents about 1.08 million households.
To give an example of ratings for prime time, CSI reruns get about a 10 rating, new episodes about 30.

googe
06-08-2004, 04:14 PM
I keep hearing about the refs... I honestly think that the refs did a good job last night.

Ill take one of whatever he is smoking

wildrice
06-08-2004, 04:19 PM
All i wanna say is that NOBODY'S A BANDWAGONER
IT'S CALLED FAN SUPPORT
US, THE CITIZENS OF CALGARY, SUPPORTed THE FLAMES BY PURCHASING THEIR MERCHANDISE, SELLING OUT GAMES, AND CHEERING THEM ON

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING COULDN'T EVEN GET MOST OF THEIR PPL TO BUY LIGHTNING MERCHANDISE, THE LIGHTNING HAD TO GIVE IT AWAY AND I REPEAT GIVE IT AWAY!!!!!!!

AND BESIDES MOST THE GOOD PLAYERS ON UR AMERICAN TEAMS
ARE CANADIAN!!!! THAT'S RIGHT, CANADIAN!

Made_To_Love
06-08-2004, 04:53 PM
After the Lighting all that is left are Flames.....Even though we didn't win the cup, I'm still a Flames fan...we made it further than Detroit and I friggin hate that team...so I'm just as happy whether we win or lose

SI-vic
06-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by wildrice
All i wanna say is that NOBODY'S A BANDWAGONER
IT'S CALLED FAN SUPPORT
US, THE CITIZENS OF CALGARY, SUPPORTed THE FLAMES BY PURCHASING THEIR MERCHANDISE, SELLING OUT GAMES, AND CHEERING THEM ON

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING COULDN'T EVEN GET MOST OF THEIR PPL TO BUY LIGHTNING MERCHANDISE, THE LIGHTNING HAD TO GIVE IT AWAY AND I REPEAT GIVE IT AWAY!!!!!!!

AND BESIDES MOST THE GOOD PLAYERS ON UR AMERICAN TEAMS
ARE CANADIAN!!!! THAT'S RIGHT, CANADIAN!

its the so called "bandwagon jumpers" that could possibly keep Kipper, Conroy, Iginla, and others on the Flames for a few more years.

not to mention it'll keep the organization in the city for a little bit more too

Nav13
06-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Anyone notice how very few of the 22, 000 white shirts given away in game 5 were worn in game 7. I guess they threw them all out after the game 5 loss :dunno:
Anyways a big :thumbsup: to the flames they played there hearts out in the 3rd period and went down fighting, lets just hope for a season next year and give them even more support.

frankdman
06-08-2004, 06:17 PM
yea my fucken thread made the front page. HAHH

hockeybronx
06-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Ha ha ha. Yeah you are a real winner Jeff. As long as you showed em in your video games.:drama:

Moe Man
06-08-2004, 07:41 PM

you dumb all of canada was watching us play, and only tampa bay people watched them play......i dont think all of the U.S. watched the game like canada did

SI-vic
06-08-2004, 08:52 PM
I have nothing but respect for the Tampa Bay Lightning (except for LavaliGAY)
but St.Louis worked his ass off to get into the NHL, he worked his ASS off to do what he did... he deserves it. Same with Modin, Richards (was always a skilled player), etc etc etc.

I wish Lukiwich played more games, he was a weak player
Stillman I have no respect for either

I have A LOT of respect for Tortorella.

I wish The Flames would've won but.... I'm not angry that Tampa Bay won.
They worked their asses off all season to become #1 in the East too.
It's a shame that their fans dont appreciate their NHL team.

Detroit is a wicked American hockey city.
They know whats up. But I really wonder how many would stick near by if their teams slumped for 15 years.

max_boost
06-08-2004, 09:42 PM

To give an example of ratings for prime time, CSI reruns get about a 10 rating, new episodes about 30. They are trying so hard to capture this vast market where its people don't even give a shit about hockey.

Something so simple but the NHL just can't seem to understand:dunno:

Firecracker
06-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Phats

ex-fucking-scuse me, did you just say what I thought you said mister I'm a born again christian but not a bandwagon jumper, I have cheered for the flames my whole fucking life, I have a fucking jersey with the number 9 on it and Mike Vernons signature along with other players. I remember watching them when they won thier first stanley cup playoff in 1989 with my Dad, and I've watched them all through the years when they haven't won anything. I swear to christ, you are the biggest fucking hipocrite on here mr. "dont judge me because you don't know me but I can judge you". GO TO HELL YOU PIECE OF CRAP.

AND GO FLAMES GO FOREVER.

FREAKING PARDON ME. first of all, dude, your 'born again Christian' argument wont get you very far if you swear like a sailor, use the Lord's name in vain, and then damn someone to hell. good call jeenyus. smart like hammer.

second, CRIKEY did the flames rock. they worked so hard, and they earned everything they got, and more. i went to greet them at deadly hours of the morning this morning, and the it was so sad that their playoff beards were all shaved off. they played SO STINKING AWESOME, and yes, tampa beat them, congratulations. they do deserve that. however, next year baby. they did us well, its nothing short of an honor to have them boys as our team. i even made signs this morning and covered my kitchen in them, and woke my house up with my horn and pom poms and flags. GOOOOO FLAMES GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

gpomp
06-08-2004, 11:48 PM
I found Donovan on 17th tonight and drove him... chatted with him about the game, also talked to Kipper for a few minutes. They keep saying how good their team is as a whole, you could feel how much respect they got for each other and how close they are as a team. They're pretty down on themselves but they get mad respects from me.

finboy
06-08-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
I found Donovan on 17th tonight and drove him... chatted with him about the game, also talked to Kipper for a few minutes. They keep saying how good their team is as a whole, you could feel how much respect they got for each other and how close they are as a team. They're pretty down on themselves but they get mad respects from me.

thats cool man, did they have any idea how crazy 17th ave was on previous nights they played?

Moe Man
06-08-2004, 11:57 PM
they probally seen footage already of 17th

AutodreamMarvin
06-09-2004, 01:46 AM
Is it just me, or do the lightning girls have HUGE tits?
www.boltsgirls.com

gpomp
06-09-2004, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by finboy

thats cool man, did they have any idea how crazy 17th ave was on previous nights they played?
I dunno, didn't really talk about that. They were pretty plastered so :dunno:

googe
06-09-2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Firecracker

FREAKING PARDON ME. first of all, dude, your 'born again Christian' argument wont get you very far if you swear like a sailor, use the Lord's name in vain, and then damn someone to hell. good call jeenyus. smart like hammer.

you read that wrong. he called hockeybronx "mr im a born again christian" based on a previous argument. he wasnt saying that he himself was a christian.

btw hockeybronx, are you american?

Firecracker
06-09-2004, 10:33 AM
aaahhhh my bad, my bad. i'm a doofus. sorry dude.

Beni
06-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by snipa_mini85
Dave Andreychuk does not deserve to have a stanley cup ring!!!! All he does is stand behind the net and wait for the puck to come to him. All Dave Andreychuk deserves is a free pair of golf clubs!!!!

For being out of the playoffs for seven years, the flames made us proud to be a hockey fan again. I don't care that they were unable to bring back the stanley cup, they deserve to be honoured by Calgary anyways.

yo man...yah Andreychuck does deserve the ring....hes played this game for how many years...20 something??? yah hes dedicated his whole life to this sport and he deserves at least one cup before he retires...even though im pissed Flames didnt win...im glad that he was the one that got it....

Anyways GO FLAMES!!

hockeybronx
06-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by googe

you read that wrong. he called hockeybronx "mr im a born again christian" based on a previous argument. he wasnt saying that he himself was a christian.

btw hockeybronx, are you american?

Nope born in Calgary lived in Medicine Hat for a while but live here again.

I recently took a two week, 9000km bus ride trip through all the northern states and then to New York and I really admired the pride and love a lot of Americans had about their country. They were dumn as bats about Canadian knowledge but it was great to see them so in love with the land they live on.

googe
06-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

I recently took a two week, 9000km bus ride trip through all the northern states and then to New York and I really admired the pride and love a lot of Americans had about their country. They were dumn as bats about Canadian knowledge but it was great to see them so in love with the land they live on.

so why the avatar?

finboy
06-10-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

they love their country because cnn told them to, lol

hockeybronx
06-10-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by googe

so why the avatar?

Well as I said in my post I just really admire they patriotism, and I love what the freedom of the eagle represents. Man, the avatar, the signature, it all means different things to different people. Everything is here for a reason.

Marsh
06-10-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by snipa_mini85

If you were 40 years old and still playing as well Andreychuk did, then speak up otherwise shut up dude he is a good player and has had a good career, its nice to see him go out like this.

I saw Steve Reinprecht at chinook the other day he is a cool guy:thumbsup:

hockeybronx
06-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Marsh
If you were 40 years old and still playing as well Andreychuk did, then speak up otherwise shut up dude he is a good player and has had a good career, its nice to see him go out like this.

He totally controlled game 6. Whether it was creating scoring chances, causing traffic in front of the net, or laying the body, he was there to quietly lead his team and save the series.

Rufus``
06-11-2004, 02:40 AM
I'm so proud of those flames. ive been a fan since 85, since i was 3 years old, have 4 jerseys, flags, horns, hockey socks, tons of shit. ive been waiting forever to see them go this far, and it broke my heart to see them lose it after travelling to calgary from regina to watch games 6 and 7 in calgary, at the roadhouse and at the saddledome for game 7.

I, like many other fans, feel that we should have won it in game 6. that was a goal as far as i can tell, but the players didnt make a big enough fuss, and the puck was dropped, so there was no chance.

Calgary beat the odds by going to the finals, and for 4 games, they outplayed tampa (including game 6). they just ran out of gas in game 7. who could blame them? our young defense was playing with injuries, and a few of our key guys were playing hurt. as far as im concerned, tampa was more talented, but calgary was better, albeit, more injured, having a playoff run about 100 times harder than tampa.

when you get to 7 games in a series, attrition occurs. just the nature of the game can create injuries, especially when you are a high intensity team like the Flames. tampa hadnt played more than 6 games in any series until philadelphia, and that wasnt even as physical as it could have been. Tampa was healthier, and fresher, and it seems to me, that bettman wanted them to win so he could say ' i introduced expansion teams into the league and within 14 years, they won the stanley cup' etc. shit like that looks good on a resume.

Calgary has always been a dark horse for the NHL. in the red, struggling with making the playoffs, and staying out of the basement, struggling to keep young stars, small market, exaclty what bettman hates. he needs to go back to basketball. the NHL needs a new commissioner, but there is too much old tarnished brass at the top, GM's and presidents who only care about the large markets and TV money from the big U.S. networks.

not once did Calgary win an afternoon game. not once, because they dont normally play them, being a canadian team. bettman is the worst thing to happen to this league in its history, forcing once lockout, and soon most likely another. bettman is an ignorant ferret rat like creature who only cares about money and keeping it for himself.

Kerry frasier, i dont know, hes normally a good ref, but i think he was raggin or something cuz he really bled on the mattress this series. stupid calls at the beginning of games, where a coincidental or a warning would have sufficed. you dont call a 5on3 for 2 full minutes 1 minute into the game. not in a series so close, and not in a series with a championship at stake. that was a rookie mistake made by a veteran ref. that is why vets are in these crucial games, so that they dont make calls that can dictate the outcome of a game, and the call at the end of game 7 was absolute crap, and was at too late a time in the game where the players should be allowed to finish the game off without interference from a referee. that may have cost Calgary the stanley cup, as they were pressing hard just before that call with two minutes left, and really messed up the flow of the game.

all in all it was the best championship series since the rangers won in 94, with the rest of the champions being stacked and most series going in 4-6 games.

I still love my flames, and whenever they play, im looking for scores or somewhere to catch the game. im going to keep even closer track on them in the offseason, hoping that the veteran players will come back, like yelle, clark, conroy, and iggy. our defence needs to stay intact. not only ar they the best young defence in the league, they are THE BEST in the league. theyve proven that, stopping the redwings, sharks, and canucks. no one else can have those bragging rights.

anyway, all in all an AMAZING season and a playoff run that was all whipped cream. we're just still searching for that cherry.

so heres to 41 sold out home games next season, 104 points, and a presidents trophy in the 04-05 season, and a stanley cup next june! I cant wait until next year.

GO FLAMES GO!

climer
06-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Interesting thing to note...

According to their active roster, the Tampa Bay Lightnings have 3 American born players vs. 15 Canadian players !

I think the Flames had more American born players but the overwhelming majority were Canadian. (18 of them)

So what does this mean ? It means that THEIR group of Canadians beat out OUR group of Canadians. :)

Just wait until the World Cup or the 2006 Winter Olympics when we spank team USA again. :bigpimp:

googe
06-12-2004, 12:49 AM
we breed em they buy em