PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants To Buy An Alfa Romeo 2000GT?

Gonthro
06-08-2004, 09:58 AM
i was just surfin ebay and i found this, and its local, so i figured some people might be intrested.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5356&item=2481486427&rd=1

ZorroAMG
06-08-2004, 11:19 AM
I know that car. My dad used to own/race those back in Lebanon when he was a teen, but he had the faster version...cool car, i'd love to pimp one...

sputnik
06-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I know that car. My dad used to own/race those back in Lebanon when he was a teen, but he had the faster version...cool car, i'd love to pimp one...

Did he drive the GTV's? A friend of mine runs a European restoration shop in Winnipeg and has had a few Alfas over the years.

ZorroAMG
06-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Yeah it was the GTV :D Love it!

Dogg
06-09-2004, 11:37 PM
The Alfa GTV is an incredible little car. A fellow I work with has one. Took some doing to replace all of the rusty panels, but now that it is perfect, it is like a Swiss watch.

Alfa Romeo's 1750 cc engine and its derivatives are one of the best engines in mechanized history. On par with the Flathead Ford, Austin 20 series, Chev smallblock, VW/Porsche flat 4 and Honda B series.

I have been an Alfa fan for many years, but have never owned one.

If I had the spare money....

Kobe
06-10-2004, 11:48 PM
there was an older Alfa Romeo probobly like 80's went for $500 i think, a month or two back...it was insane

finboy
06-11-2004, 02:39 AM
looks like my neighbors restored alpha except his is red

Lennon
06-11-2004, 08:02 AM
There is a place right on Edmonton Trail that deals with these cars, I always see them parked out front. And all of them are in mint condition as well! Looked at one up front and close, they are really cool, interiors are clean!

finboy
06-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Lennon
There is a place right on Edmonton Trail that deals with these cars, I always see them parked out front. And all of them are in mint condition as well! Looked at one up front and close, they are really cool, interiors are clean! ansel motors? usually they specify in lada, but they do have lots of other oddball euro's all the time.

bookem
06-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by finboy
ansel motors? usually they specify in lada, but they do have lots of other oddball euro's all the time.

I think he's talking about Alesandro Motors.. took my alfa to him all the time. He's usually got a ferrari or two in there as well.