PDA

View Full Version : Car website - What Interests You Most?

grifin
06-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Am considering developing a car/truck related website, would greatly appreciate you input. Would like site to provide information on things of greatest interest. In regards to vehicle accessories, what do you search for most on the web? Is it rims? If so, would you buy them off the web or use the prices to go to a local dealer? Is it body kits? Is is lights? etc. Please share your thoughts.
Thank you for any help you may provide.

Terrie

QuasarCav
06-08-2004, 03:19 PM
I want a turbo kit for my 3.1 J-body.

For cheap, start working on it and tell me when you are done;)

Lennon
06-08-2004, 03:40 PM
Rims, lowering supsension, and lights all around for a 1986 300ZX N/A.

Lets see you find all that.

dkny_stylez
06-08-2004, 04:38 PM
bodykits, spoilers, suspension, and HID's all for 5thgen lude's:D

ZorroAMG
06-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Guys I don't think he is asking to be your personal gophers :rolleyes:....he wants info on what we look for in a car site.

euro_racer
06-08-2004, 05:21 PM
qeuro parts for my vee-dub and ALOT of euro car pic's

grifin
06-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Want to thank all who have thus far responded.

Zorro, you are absolutely correct. I am wondering what kind of information people would want to find on an auto website. If it were to provide parts....what types of parts parts would you be seeking...tires, rims, spoilers, body kits, lighting, etc?

Now I know there are many sites selling parts, accessories, etc. but they aren't providing information on the product itself. I would think there are those people who know exactly what they want and others who aren't quite sure.

Also, in reference to rims...know there are alot of people checking them out on the web but I'm wondering if they are strictly checking our pricing then going to their nearest car store to purchase or are they ordering online.

Any further comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Terrie

dkny_stylez
06-08-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by grifin

Also, in reference to rims...know there are alot of people checking them out on the web but I'm wondering if they are strictly checking our pricing then going to their nearest car store to purchase or are they ordering online.

It would be price, and depending on s&h fee's

bighead2267
06-09-2004, 10:21 AM
yup........mainly is that site reputation and shipping/duty.

i would suggest you to make a forum that mention to how DIY. like make black housing light, brake kit swap etc.........although there is alot of magazine or site do that as well, but i will have much more interest to do it. or provide the hayes manual if possible. like myself, i love to check out those site to learn how to maintaince the car myself............

hope this help

Big_C_racing
06-10-2004, 12:13 AM
Do it yourself is a great idea. Maybe provide some "best bargain" or best product stuff if you are planning on selling parts. Say sind the exhaust or intake that gives highest hp and torque gains for a civic or something. I know these tests can be found in many of the mags, jsut have to get em online.

I think many of the people looking for products online are here because they want the best product at the lowest price.

RainMaker
06-10-2004, 02:27 PM
DIY with some decent instructions and links and CANADIAN pricing. "Regular" parts too, not just mod stuff.