PDA

View Full Version : Polar start remote starter

Kordain
10-22-2002, 02:03 PM
Can snyone help me with this
I have bought a car earlier in the year and it has a polar start 2 btn remote start unit installed. The car is a manual shift and there is no alarm in it just the starter.

Now that its getting cold I decided to start using the starter but I don’t seem to be able to get it to work reliably. I set it with the engine running, gear in neutral and park brake on, climb out the car, press the button and sometimes it will stop and others it wont. Im sure its something im doing wrong (wrong button sequence or something ). There is no instruction manual for the polar start in the car and im a bit stuck and a bit frustrated.

Can anyone point me to an instruction manual or help me work out whats going wrong?

Any help gratefully received
Thanks
Mike.

impressive
10-22-2002, 03:42 PM
Come by the store Impressions 3340 - 32 Street N.E.
Ask for Rob I'll help you out and can probably dig up a manual for you .

Kordain
10-23-2002, 10:10 AM
Thats great, thanks

It will be saturday before i can get there,
Im based and work in the SW so its a bit far for a lunch break drive.

will you be there saturday?

Thanks again

impressive
10-23-2002, 11:31 AM
I should be here all day, If I'm not Paul will be, I'll let him know you're coming by.

SpecCRX
10-23-2002, 02:41 PM
try this, read the manuals: http://www.ultrastarters.com/Html/manuals.html

they make polarstart so it might work :dunno:

Kordain
10-25-2002, 07:46 PM
Thanks ill have a look see if it matches up

K..

95acc
10-25-2002, 07:51 PM
Ultrastart and polar start are completely different, nothing the same.

Autodream
11-02-2002, 10:29 PM
if the engine remain running after you remove the key then it most likely to be you door pin is not funtionning properly. test to se if your door pin is working 100% of the time, by open the door then look at your dome light to see if it comes on, if not tap on the pin or try to move it in and out. your light might flicker, if it does then it is the pin switch that cause your remote starter to not opperate some time. or bring the car by my shop I take a look for you, usualy I don't charge for something this minor.

TypeRgurl
11-06-2002, 01:31 PM
Hey Kordain,
Some advise...sr20det95...go see him