PDA

View Full Version : Tire Install/BodyKit Damage Nightmare

max_boost
10-22-2002, 04:43 PM
Ok to make a long story short, what a 21st birthday so far:thumbsdow oh well, at least I'm 21!:thumbsup:

I go to sears auto at north hill to buy my WS50 Blizzaks winter tires 195/65/15 total package price was $550.50

Problem 1: Sears could not get my car onto a lift, my bodykit is too low! So I just bought the tires, called around and decided to go to Kal Tire on on Edmonton Trail and 37th Ave

Problem 2: Kal Tire, customer service was awesome, good prices $75 to mount/balance/tax in etc. My car is now equipped with blizzaks, no clearance issues etc. But the "FAG" who was taking my car out of the shop and parking it for me doesn't know how to park properly! He drives my car right into the front parking curb! Oh how furious I was! I saw the paint scratch and then realized my front bumper was cracked! I AM SO MAD!

Got a quote from Maranellos and Low Cost Autobody. Low Cost Autobody will be doing the repairs, this will be paid for by Kal Tire. Car goes in Oct 29, I get a free courtesy car and my bill for mount/balance of my tires will be taken care of.

So it turned out pretty well, I commend Kal Tire on how they dealt with this situation.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

One last thing, if your car is lowered, it be worth mentioning to the techs to be careful and avoid parking blocks....:banghead:

cocoabrova
10-22-2002, 04:52 PM
Man, maybe you should just STORE it at a body shop this winter:dunno: :rofl: :rofl: j/k Sorry to hear you're having a rough time with the new toy, but it's good that it worked out in the end. It's almost a rarity to have such a quick/satisfactory response from a shop:werd: :thumbsup:

max_boost
10-22-2002, 05:01 PM
I know! I am so pissed, I just got the car back last week! And now this, but in the end, things worked out.......thank god, I was on the verge of flipping out:nut:
I can show you guys my new bumper crack at the 403 meet tomorrow haha

cocoabrova
10-22-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I can show you guys my new bumper crack at the 403 meet tomorrow haha Just like you were going to show us the new kit at the last week's meet huh.....:rolleyes: :banghead: :rofl:

VWhooligan
10-22-2002, 05:34 PM
i deal with Kal tire on edmonton trail for all my tire needs because i get a discount there from club vee dub. scott (manager) has always been top-notch and very professional. good prices too.

Importz
10-22-2002, 05:36 PM
Ouch....I would be pissed too........

shadowz
10-22-2002, 09:13 PM
Yikes I would have giving my car to anyone but me and my friends to work on my car

RiceCake
10-22-2002, 11:23 PM
Ouch sam.. damn you just had that kit put on not too long ago :(

max_boost
10-23-2002, 12:10 AM
Now what if I wasn't there to witness this little accident? They probably would have made some bullshit up and I get screwed over!

Makes me worry about bringing my car in for service at any dealer or service shop..........

turboMiata
10-23-2002, 12:16 AM
Aren't the Rieger kits made of polyurethane? If so, it should have flexed instead of cracking like that.

Anyways, sorry to hear about the damage.

Is the 403 meet open only for Hondas?

shadowz
10-23-2002, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by turboMiata

Come one come all

buh_buh
10-23-2002, 03:35 AM

all are welcome.... except you.
j/k
you should come. Bring the Miata if you haven't put it away yet.

2000impreza
10-23-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Now what if I wasn't there to witness this little accident? They probably would have made some bullshit up and I get screwed over!

Makes me worry about bringing my car in for service at any dealer or service shop..........

when you take your car in, let them know about your body kit and maybe get one of the service guys to walk around the car with you. if anything happens :guns:

max_boost
10-23-2002, 09:17 AM
Aren't the Rieger kits made of polyurethane? If so, it should have flexed instead of cracking like that.

If you come by the 403 meet I can show you, its really minor crack at the bottom of the bumper where the guy smoked the curb.........anyway, the body kit is made of ABS Plastic

ecstasy_civic
10-23-2002, 11:37 AM
ill be at the meet tonight. 7:15-9 ?