PDA

View Full Version : supliments

Cixz
06-09-2004, 11:43 PM
hey im looking for some really good supplements..im trying to find the closest thing to roids but not roids i dont wanna be come a juice monkey till im like 25 lol so if anyone knows anything let me know thanks

hockeybronx
06-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Depending on what you are trying to achieve, I would be wary on how much money you are spending on what.

Many believe that supliments are great but they never carry the value of real food as far as well-rounded nutrition goes.

I have heard in some cases that people will use suppliments such as creatine (increases water retention so muscles hold more water) and have great results but the minute they stop using it a lot of the progress goes away.

From my own experience I would first start out with protein. I use Interactive Nutritions Whey Protein Isolate. The key if you want to gain mass is have they shakes on top of what you usually eat. So I eat breakfast then have one shake, then I'll track my normal meals during the day getting lots of protein, and then before bed I'll have another. They are invaluable after workouts as well.

There are many good shake formulas out there. Here's mine:

1 cup orange juice
3/4 cup raspberry yogurt
1 scoop of Whey Protein Isolate
1 teaspoon Olive Oil

ZorroAMG
06-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Why Olive oil?

Cixz
06-10-2004, 11:07 AM
ya i already have up too 3 protein drinks a day plus i have 2 vitamine pills and im 180 and i wanna get too 200 in like 4 months and its pretty tough gaining weight but im doing it its just taking a while but im also ripped too fuck so thats a plus i just wanna get too 200 any suggestions

2fast4me
06-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Buy Creatine from Superstore for like $20/bottle. Last a while.
You should see some agains after 2 weeks.
(assuming you do work out)

DRINK A LOT OF WATER!

-k

black j
06-10-2004, 11:49 AM
If you're trying to get bigger,and your allready cut. Take a weight gainer, or double down on your carbs, in combination with your normal diet, and protien.

Skyline_Addict
06-10-2004, 10:58 PM
why do you wanna get so big?

hockeybronx
06-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Cixz
ya i already have up too 3 protein drinks a day plus i have 2 vitamine pills and im 180 and i wanna get too 200 in like 4 months and its pretty tough gaining weight but im doing it its just taking a while but im also ripped too fuck so thats a plus i just wanna get too 200 any suggestions

I kind of agree and kind of disagree with the others. In your situation I would just increase the intake of food even more. Ideas such as ground beef and chicken breasts are invaluable and pretty quick in the frying pan.

The shakes you are drinking are good, but make sure you drink them after your normal meals, it going to be all about pushing your normal intake levels. Also make sure your vitamin and nutrient levels are where they should be, making sure you eat enough fruits and vegetables. Maybe throw a can of tuna in a salad with some cheese.

Milk is also great for both protein and carbohydrates.

In my opinion water is something that can really help at all. I try to drink about five litres of water each day.

Just realize that there is nothing drastic you can do, you just have to keep working at it and it's a long process but if you are determined you will get there.

TalonVelocity
06-11-2004, 12:18 AM
!

TalonVelocity
06-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Cixz

homonyms are your friends!

Cixz
06-12-2004, 08:54 AM
the reason why i wanan get so big is becausei wanna wanna be just a tank and 20 more pounds isnt that big i wanna be able to push 300+ on my bench but most of the weight is gonna be going to my legs and i drink tons of water as it is rate now and i work out 4 times a week with the 5th day of cardio and swimming and 2 days of rest so ill try increasing my meat and after takea shake so ill try that and let ya know alright thanks

Tyler883
07-01-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Many believe that supliments are great but they never carry the value of real food as far as well-rounded nutrition goes.

IMO, if you've got a desire to spend tons of money on suppliments, then why aren't you spending tons of money on good healthy food, right?

ks32561
07-01-2004, 12:55 AM
well im sure you already know this but to gain weight all you really have to do is eat 500 calories more than you burn in a day. Counting your RMR(resting Metabolic Rate for those who dont know) and any physical activity. Theres a formula but I cant remember it at the moment. 500 is the right amount, because less than that and your not really going to be adding much and more than 500 and youll just be gaining too much fat than you would want. You might want to try getting a product caled V12 its basically better than creatine (plus 1/5 people dont respond to creatine and its cheap). And a good amino drink for while you workout, I like Xtreme Formulations "Ice". Make sure you have a multivitamin, any will do but I prefer organic vitamins opposed to those that are processed from oil(or something like that). For serious size youll want to eat at least one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight (sorry if you use kilos, as much as I love the metric system I dont feel like converting everything I read) but 2gms/pound would be much better. While eating sesible foods to reach your calorie goal you shouldnt have too much trouble reaching your desired weight.

BTW dont buy any weight gainer, make your own most store bought gainers are basicaly sugar and protein. Youd be much better off with some milk, oatmeal, a piece of fresh fruit, and somethinhg oily. IE peanutbutter (natural PB only) or Flaxseed oil which has alot of good properties. And if it werent obvious enough some protein powder, I wont go into brands. I like to use PB instead of oil and add ALOT of cinnamin and Ive got mysef something desireable to drink.

BloodBaneZXY
07-01-2004, 02:26 AM
forget supplements, nothing can beat eating healthy..supplements are supposed to help you along the way, not define the path. Eat shitloads of Tuna, chicken breasts, oatmeal, eggs etc; and drink lots of water..