PDA

View Full Version : hotwiring--research for a novel

writer
06-10-2004, 08:54 AM
I'm doing research for a novel and would like to know how to hotwire a car. The car in the novel is a '77 Monte Carlo, though that could change if there's something about a '77 Monte Carlo that would make it especially hard to hotwire.

I also need to know how the character would turn off the car once it's been hotwired.

This is for informational purposes only, I promise.

Thanks greatly.

rage2
06-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Connect the green and yellow wire to turn it on. Touch the red and white wires together to engage the starter. To turn off the car, disconnect the green and yellow wire.

Of course I just made it up, but since it's a novel, accuracy of the wire colors aren't important lol.

Gonthro
06-10-2004, 09:01 AM
the easiest way really isn't to "hot wire" its really got nothing to do with wires.

if you smash the right lower side of the column you will see a rod that runs down the column you pull this out at the top to disconnect it, then you push it down, and the start will crank, and it starts, you pull it back towards youself and it dies, not sure if it works on this particular car, but basically that rod is just connected to the keyswitch.

JAYMEZ
06-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Hrmm , i dunno about answering this....

///M3
06-10-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by writer
I'm doing research for a novel and would like to know how to hotwire a car. The car in the novel is a '77 Monte Carlo, though that could change if there's something about a '77 Monte Carlo that would make it especially hard to hotwire.

I also need to know how the character would turn off the car once it's been hotwired.

Thanks greatly.

Stupidest excuse i had ever heard.

The car in the novel is a '77 Monte Carlo, though that could change if there's something about a '77 Monte Carlo that would make it especially hard to hotwire.
so if you don't succeed in stealing a Monte, your gonna try a different car?

Idratherbsidewayz
06-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Hahaha, amateur crooks asking Beyond how to break into cars.

People these days... :rolleyes:

EK 2.0
06-10-2004, 05:36 PM

Thanks greatly.

Just ask mommy and daddy for the keys before they go away for the weekend...Because I think they would by mightly pissed to come home to see thier beloved Monte's column all smashed up Bro...

SwitchBlade
06-10-2004, 05:45 PM
Well whatever you do get some ruby slippers so when all is said and done you can click your heels together and say "i wish i was home i wish i was home." Otherwise the police officers might sympathize with the fact that you are a trouble crossdressing crime commiting youth reaching out with a outstretched hand for much needed attention. On the plus side you can always have the name Dorthy in a little penitentary called OZ. :drama: :devil: :whipped: :cry:

Lennon
06-10-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Just ask mommy and daddy for the keys before they go away for the weekend...Because I think they would by mightly pissed to come home to see thier beloved Monte's column all smashed up Bro...

Ha, good call, pretty much what I was gonna say.

ZorroAMG
06-10-2004, 10:57 PM
k don't listen to these people. I understand what you are trying to do: Smash the steering column ALL to HELL. Then look for the brown wire. That wire is the ground wire. Pull it out and strip part of the wire without cutting it. Here's the tricky part: Get a domestic beer can (imports have too much magnesium) and loop another piece of wire around the tab of the can and exposed part of the brown wire. duct tape another peice of wire to the bottom of the can and put the end of it in your mouth. (it helps to have metal fillings but will still work if you dont) Now grab a helium filled animal balloon (long and skinny) and rub it on your head or a wool sweater to create static electricity.

Now that the hard part is over, douse yourself in lighter fluid, grab a can of salon selectives aerosol hairspray (medium hold) and a lighter...spray your whole body, the steering column, beer can and baloon.

Light a match and enjoy :)

AzN_4_LiFe
06-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
Hahaha, amateur crooks asking Beyond how to break into cars.

People these days... :rolleyes:
:dunno:

EK 2.0
06-11-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
k don't listen to these people. I understand what you are trying to do: Smash the steering column ALL to HELL. Then look for the brown wire. That wire is the ground wire. Pull it out and strip part of the wire without cutting it. Here's the tricky part: Get a domestic beer can (imports have too much magnesium) and loop another piece of wire around the tab of the can and exposed part of the brown wire. duct tape another peice of wire to the bottom of the can and put the end of it in your mouth. (it helps to have metal fillings but will still work if you dont) Now grab a helium filled animal balloon (long and skinny) and rub it on your head or a wool sweater to create static electricity.

Now that the hard part is over, douse yourself in lighter fluid, grab a can of salon selectives aerosol hairspray (medium hold) and a lighter...spray your whole body, the steering column, beer can and baloon.

Light a match and enjoy :)

Zorro, Zorro, Zorro...its not the brown wire anymore...maybe in YOUR day...now its the lavender wire...

lam-boy
06-11-2004, 12:44 AM
jam a paperclip into an outlet, then bam you get hit with super human powers. (thats where superdudespiderbatguy got his powers from) and then you can steal ANY Car you want. just with a snap of your fingers cause you got like protons and shit running through your body then by snapping your fingers you create friction which throws electrodes everywhere in which it starts the car. need to unlock the door? easy, a quick thrust with your pinky into the keyhole will easily unlock the door (breaking a finger will create a better effect because your finger creates some sort of spider senses which tingles the cars locks and unlocks it much faster)

Redlyne_mr2
06-11-2004, 01:01 AM
I used to be able to start my old Nissan hardbody pickup with any coin I had in my pocket

Skyline_Addict
06-11-2004, 02:48 AM
i wanna know how all you guys know this?

sputnik
06-11-2004, 08:02 AM
the red wire is connected to the blue wire... the blue wire is connected to the fusebox... the fusebox is connected to my wristwatch...

dkny_stylez
06-11-2004, 08:29 AM
what an idiot, somebody ban this fool, the only reason he came on beyond was to post this.

Toms-Celica
06-11-2004, 06:16 PM

Thanks greatly.

your a fag

TalonVelocity
06-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica

your a fag

You can't spell.

ryder_23
06-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by AzN_4_LiFe

:dunno:

hes asking people who to steal a car....duh :rolleyes:

Skylinelover
06-12-2004, 01:20 AM
Umm how do you hotwire a BMW it is for a novel, oh yeah and how do I un-lock doors with out a key?:devil:

sexualbanana
06-12-2004, 02:29 AM

Thanks greatly.

Let's assume you are actually writing a novel.

Wouldn't you be better off writing about something you know about, as opposed to writing about something you appear to have absolutely no idea about? For all you know, any REAL advice you get on here could still be complete bullshit. Resulting in your 'novel' containing bullshit because you believed the crap that "this dude on Beyond" told you.

eb0i
06-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
the red wire is connected to the blue wire... the blue wire is connected to the fusebox... the fusebox is connected to my wristwatch...

thank you dr. nick!

:rofl: