PDA

View Full Version : Clicking knee?

CelicaST-162
06-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Everytime, I jump in the car and start driving and depress the clutch pedal my knee clicks? It only happens once, and everytime i get out of the car and stand up and get in and start driving again it clicks again??? What is going on??

Gonthro
06-10-2004, 12:24 PM
mine does that when i bend down to tie my shoes every time. i think its similar to crackin yer knuckles

Lennon
06-10-2004, 12:28 PM
I too would like to know what the hell that is, I have the same problem....

bigboom
06-10-2004, 12:37 PM
its the change in position...creates a little nitrogen bubble in your joint and when it clicks it pops

autobodygal
06-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Mine does it too, must be normal. Never thought about it much till I read this.

Boosted_TL
06-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Me 2, just in my left knee, I think Bigboom is correct.
Had it for years and never thought about it till now

izzoblitzo
06-10-2004, 12:54 PM
lets start a band, my ankles click when I walk sometimes!:thumbsup:

do we know anyone that has a clicking hip joint? he can do bass.

i always thought it was just contact with the bone in the joint rubbing against each other.:dunno:

Gonthro
06-10-2004, 12:56 PM
i can click both wrists rapidly unlimited times :D

kiwi
06-10-2004, 01:43 PM
I get that once in a while in my left knee too when I bend down or go up the stairs... when I first started getting it about 3 years ago, it would hurt like a #$%^*, & it wasn't just a click... it was like this LOUD pop! It was sooo gross! I had x-rays taken, but everything was normal... now it just pops when it's really cold out or something, but it doesn't really hurt... :dunno:

Weapon_R
06-10-2004, 01:44 PM
I get it ALL the time. I hope its normal

Boosted_TL
06-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro

Me 2......LOL

bigboom
06-10-2004, 02:21 PM
another thing it may be is that the cartildge in certain areas of the knee have been ground down and there isnt very much cushioning there anymore.

rice_eater
06-10-2004, 02:34 PM
never happened to me :dunno:

B17a
06-10-2004, 02:50 PM
Welcome to the world of getting old!:(

cman
06-10-2004, 03:06 PM
mine click to when bending over and occasionally with clutch, both my big toes click on command too

QuasarCav
06-10-2004, 03:20 PM

wonder why that is...........

kiwi
06-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
another thing it may be is that the cartildge in certain areas of the knee have been ground down and there isnt very much cushioning there anymore.

hmm... do you think it has anything to do w/ not drinking enough milk? hee hee

izzoblitzo
06-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by kiwi

milk does a body good ;)

I've had clicking knees (both of them) since I was like.. aumm.. 7!

only when I bend with my knees to pick something up though.. my ankles click when I walk sometimes.. it might have something to do with the way I walk :dunno:

SinisterProbeGt
06-10-2004, 03:56 PM

It's called claping:clap:

Yeah my ankels do it all the time somtime like 10 times in a row when i am walking quite intersting

izzoblitzo
06-10-2004, 03:59 PM

i can click both wrists rapidly unlimited times

Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt

It's called claping:clap:

only if you are an otter, or a seal... :thumbsup:

bigboom
06-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by kiwi

im not sure about milk but what happens is when it becomes very rough it will grind against one another. an easy way to tell is feel your knee when you do bends and stuff, if you can feel a rubbing almsot squeaking feeling then you know something is wrong in your knee.

kiwi
06-10-2004, 04:23 PM

im not sure about milk but what happens is when it becomes very rough it will grind against one another. an easy way to tell is feel your knee when you do bends and stuff, if you can feel a rubbing almsot squeaking feeling then you know something is wrong in your knee.

hmm... well my knee is fine right now, it's just that sometimes when the weather suddenly changes, my left knee will make this huge POP sound when I bend it!!! :eek:

CelicaST-162
06-10-2004, 05:22 PM

Well I am only 18 years old, am I getting old that fast??? There is no pain at all, but I am worried in the near future it might cause a lot of pain. So may as well deal with it now when its at it's "primary stages".

bigboom
06-10-2004, 10:11 PM
it depends on how hard youve been on your knees and if you have had any injuries at all. you might need a scope where they go in and clean it out. if it starts giving you problems u might want to talk to your doctor and get an xray done and maybe even an mri.

method
06-10-2004, 10:21 PM
mine do it all the time.. my left more than my right.

might have something to do with the tearing of my MCL in grade 8.

xrayvsn
06-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Joint clicking is usually due to a temporary vacuum you create in the joint. To compensate, is pulls the carbon dioxide from your blood, and you hear an audible "pop" or click. THis is the same thing that happens when people crack their knuckles. The knee is just a bigger joint, and will have a different sound than a knuckle.

If you have had some trauma to your knee, and experience clicking associated with your knee locking - that is, you can't get it to move until you shake it around a bit, then you need to see a doctor. You may have a piece of your cartilage stuck in the joint.

Losing the articular cartilage like bigboom describes, is what happens in osteoarthritis. In its eralier stages, this is also known as chondromalacia. If you are down to bone on bone, you most likely aren't able to walk very far, as this is extremely advanced disease. By this point, we're talking about a total knee arthroplasty, where they have to put in metal prostheses into your knee, and cushion it with a plastic spacer.

So, basically if it doesn't hurt or limit your mobility, its probably normal for you.

Skylinelover
06-12-2004, 03:29 PM
My shoulder cracks or I can make it crack:rofl: