PDA

View Full Version : Anyone help me with speaker problem?

DazDillinger
06-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Heres my equipment : Pioneer 8400mp, Pioneer 6.5s (in doors), infinity 6x9s (rear deck), and the stock tweeters. All in a 98 honda accord coupe exv6.

Hey, just last night when I was in my car, I had my music on (but not loud). And then all the sudden all my speakers stopped working ! Its happened before and usually if I just let the car sit, it will be all fine. Well I let the car sit for a few hours, go back and still nothing. Now im getting worried. Oh BTW my headunit is on and working....

I let it sit overnight and I Just checked it just now. Well goodnews sort of. When I put the keys in and into the 'on' position the speakers start working except my front drivers side for some reason. But my 6x9s(rear) are working and my passengerside door is working, but my tweeters arent ! But when I put the keys in and turn the engine over (car is running), NOTHING works except the tweeters. And they arent even working good. Im thinking it has to be a wiring problem somewhere but im not sure where. Could it be the wires behind my headunit doing it?

Its weird, when the car is on the speakers work (except front drivers side and the tweeters), but when I have the engine running none of it works except the tweeters, and the tweeters arent even working that good either all the sudden... Any suggestions?
Thanks.

BTW im in st.pete FL, if anyone is around ill pay someone to fix it :)

edit: lol i just realized this is a canadian board :) I thought the .ca meant car or something :)

dogmaiwli
06-15-2004, 03:46 PM
I'd tripple Check all your connections DECK/HARNESS/SPEAKERS, Make sure you didn't hook up a wire wrong or a crimp has come loose, also check the ground to your deck, I prefer taking the ground they have off the harness and doing it directly to a good bare metal point under the dash. The bigger the better.

if your still having touble, take it down to these guys

Safe -N- Sound
Hours: 10-7pm Mon-Sat
Certifications: MECP