PDA

View Full Version : speeding ticket; help!

tegdream
10-22-2002, 10:46 PM
was goin 170 on deerfoot
doesnt state a fine just says court appearance
what do i do?
more importantly what CAN i do??

Stratus_Power
10-22-2002, 10:51 PM
call pointts? heh i dont know just guessing

LaughingTiger
10-22-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by tegdream
was goin 170 on deerfoot
doesnt state a fine just says court appearance
what do i do?
more importantly what CAN i do??

Your in trouble...got the same ticket over a year ago on deerfoot..

The pink means you have to goto court... At speeds 50km over in a speed zone the people consider it a serious crime, you can even get jail time... it's 6pt of your license too.. It will jack your ins up like you wouldn't believe because of how it is looked at.. It's almost as bad as Impaired driving...

Now after worrying you, there is a solution.. seeing it was on deerfoot, it was probably clocked.... even so goto Points, or where I went "A traffic ticket defense" at the road king, talk to them, they are good lawyers and ex-cops... I forgot to show up for court and they dropped it to a minor ticket of 39over and only 4pts, $250 fine......It's better then jail time, $500+ ticket, loss of license and higher ins....

It cost me $325 to fight it, but it was worth it... You have a 95% chance of lowering it, they said if I showed up they could have got it dropped to 20km over....:dunno: I wish I remembered..

They have so many tricks up their slieves that it's hard to believe they used to be cops....

MistaBrent
10-22-2002, 11:03 PM
my sis got a ticket on highway 2 near red deer going 170.

and she had to go to court.

she got a lawyer to fight it

she was told to go to mr speedometer and get it tested and the she gave the lawyer the slip saying it was off by 2% or so.

she ended up paying $1000 and no points

get a lawyer and a speedometer test .

LaughingTiger
10-22-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by MistaBrent
my sis got a ticket on highway 2 near red deer going 170.

and she had to go to court.

she got a lawyer to fight it

she was told to go to mr speedometer and get it tested and the she gave the lawyer the slip saying it was off by 2% or so.

she ended up paying $1000 and no points

get a lawyer and a speedometer test .

Go talk to the crown prosecuter, you can make a deal about the speedo thing.. you can get the ticket dropped to around $100

But I'm not sure if he will let you, 170 is pretty fast to them..??
wouldn't hurt to try though..

Ben
10-22-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by LaughingTiger

Go talk to the crown prosecuter, you can make a deal about the speedo thing.. you can get the ticket dropped to around $100

But I'm not sure if he will let you, 170 is pretty fast to them..??
wouldn't hurt to try though..

Doubt it...those speeds are suspension indefinatly...the crown would have had to have gotten his nizzob just polished to let you go that easy...this is going to be an expensve lesson...Call Charlie or Peter at Pointts and wish them luck...I would wager the following: no suspension, big fine of maybe 300 bucks and 3-6 demerits.

No fight at all, 30-60 day suspension, 400-600 dollar fine and 6 demerits

boi-alien
10-22-2002, 11:18 PM
fight it, seriously call up pointts... u don't want your liscence suspended... pink is automatic suspension if i remember correctly.. when did this happen?

Ben
10-22-2002, 11:51 PM
Pink is an auto court appearance, in which ccase you amost always lose your Licence without legal aid

What does your record look like currently?

If you have more than tickets, you might as well buy a bus pass before the rush...