PDA

View Full Version : so the cop finally registered that ticket...(advice needed)

finboy
10-22-2002, 11:51 PM
for those who don't know. i got a ticket when i was in a minor accident. failing to obey a traffic device.

i pleaded not guilty on the ticket, but the cop didn't register till today (i got the ticket in early sept.)

now how can i fight this, or what do i say to the crown to get no points?

GTS Jeff
10-23-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by finboy
what do i say to the crown to get no points? my conversation with the 1st att. prosecutor went like this:

"hi"
"hi, what can i do for you?"
"drop this ticket"
"hahaha i cant do that, *looks at ticket* but i can reduce it to 15kmh over"
"id rather have the whole thing dropped"
...then he talks for about 5 minutes on why he cant do that...

then i walk out with a reduced ticket.

BigShow
10-23-2002, 12:54 AM
:confused: but how do you get NO poINTS?

GTS Jeff
10-23-2002, 12:57 AM
the dude already decides what to do with your ticket befor eu even open your mouth...so nothing u say will change anything. unless ure a jerk and he decides to fuck u over

szw
10-23-2002, 12:59 AM
I have the same ticket...failure to observe traffic whatever..

I'm just going to explain to him what happened and try to get the ticket dropped, otherwise I'll probably be fine with whatever he has to offer.

Is it a different person or the same guy everytime?

VWhooligan
10-23-2002, 01:06 AM
i know in the small town where I grew up there were a few different magistrates you would talk to, so i'd imagine there'd be hundreds in calgary.

Stratus_Power
10-23-2002, 01:06 AM
so is that all you do? walk in and ask if you can have the ticket reduce? or do you have to go like " oh im sorry i speed that night, my mom was cooking dinner but we ran out of oil so i had to fly to superstore to get it before it closes at 10.. i know i can get them at Safeway but its like a buck cheaper at super store and that buck is something i cant afford , let alone this ticket.."

GTS Jeff
10-23-2002, 01:13 AM
i tihnk theres 2

got M
10-23-2002, 01:13 AM
let the crown know you will plead guilty to a registered owner charge, this means you will pay what it says, but no points.
been driving since 1996 have 7 points; should have over 20.:angel:
belive me it works