PDA

View Full Version : to people who autocross

l/l/rX
06-12-2004, 12:48 AM
story:
after autocrossing last friday (june 4th) i noticed this strange muffle sound in our tanabe hyper medallion exhaust.
i did a personal check of the exhaust just to see what was up. didnt see anything unusual.
my dad took it in today to all-makes and what they found was that our hanger attached to our midpipe just completely ripped off and made about an inch and a half hole in our exhaust. LoL so we got it welded back on etc etc. no biggy.

anyways my question is, has this ever happened to your guys exhaust while autocrossing? will tanabe give us a new midpipe?

i guess i dont have to ask the last question, cause my dad took to tunerworks right after and they took some pics of the hole and are sending it to their wholesaler person. but meh it'd be nice to know now :D aha
i guess you cant really do anything about this to prevent it from happening in the future right?

thanx

GQBalla
06-12-2004, 05:01 PM
hmmmm maybes carmen szeto.........:rofl: :rofl:

fast95pony
06-12-2004, 06:45 PM
The centre of the oval is not very smooth.There's always the chance of a larger exhaust system hitting the pavement,especially where the oval track meets the centre parking lot area.
So if you want to autocross,don't mount a huge exhaust and run at Race City !

bighead2267
06-13-2004, 01:09 PM
i never know Hyper exhaust material is that bad? i think i'll look for something else in the future if i need exhaust. since they are not cheap(for the price) compare to all other brand

rage2
06-13-2004, 04:03 PM
I ripped off the rubber exhaust hanger thingys on my AMG from AutoX and track days. Basically, the exhaust gets really hot, melts the rubber, when it cools down, it cracks, and wham, it rips and exhaust hangs really low.

Design defect in my case, I've had those rubber thingys replaced about 8 times now! lol.