PDA

View Full Version : diabetics

blueripper6
06-12-2004, 01:55 PM
any diabetics here?!?!

lol.. just wondering what meter you people use.. and what u think of it.. i may be looking for a new one.

I use one touch ultrasmart.. it holds everything, carb, excersise health insulin and a bunch of other stuff. makes graphs and tables and is very easy to use.. 5 second tests, the only thing i hate is handeling the strips, and there huge ass finger prick thing.. i use the accucheck finger thing.. seems to hurt less..

AzN_4_LiFe
06-12-2004, 04:20 PM
howdy, im a type 1 also
ya i use the same thing!:thumbsup:

PhenomSE
06-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by AzN_4_LiFe
im a type 1 also
ya i use the same thing!:thumbsup:

:werd: :thumbsup: And my needles look like pens! :thumbsup:

TalonVelocity
06-12-2004, 05:22 PM
yup, type 1 here, UltraSmart OWNS anything on the Market right now.. and what u gotta get is the Accucheck (I think thats what its called...) lacing device or whatever that'll do your arm instead of your finger.. I've done my finger like twice and it kinda hurt, you cannot feel when u do your arm, and you have about 100x more space to work with too. My dad's a pharmacist so I get everything for free.. I'll keep an update on new shit comin out, etc.

blueripper6
06-12-2004, 05:41 PM
I dont like alternate site testing... i find it hard to get enough blood, even tho u dont need very much, i like to always have more then enough, incase I am low or something, so I dont have to switch it up to check(your not supposed to use your arm when you are low)

Melinda
06-13-2004, 10:16 AM
I'm a hypoglycemic...kinda the opposite thing as diabetes. I've only had to meter a handful of times but my best friend is diabetic and as far as I remember, he ussed the ultra smart and loves it. :)

VBGOD
07-29-2004, 02:18 AM
Diabetic here. :)

The Accu-Chek line-up is fantastic, but LifeScan's OneTouch UltraSmart is a homerun. It's pretty much the best device on the market in terms of sleekness, features, and style. It's also the most expensive device too, but you get what you pay for. I personally wouldn't use the food and exercise options. It's too much work. I'd rather use software to do this. Also, the screen is tiny (nothing you can do about this), so it's better to import blood sugar data into LifeScan's OneTouch software app. Well, that or any program that supports the LifeScan device. Most of my customers own a OneTouch UltraSmart, which tells me that they are either really care about their health, or they're geeks. :p In any case, nice site.

Z24_3.1.
12-15-2005, 02:22 AM
hey my mom is anyone know a place in calgary to buy like sweets u know what i mean like not with anything sugra but yeah if u guys can help me out please thanks!

1-Cent
12-23-2005, 02:53 PM
I use the Accu-Chek One Touch, it comes free when you buy strips :thumbsup:

Not a diabetic.. just a diabetic wannabe :(

frozenrice
12-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Type II for me.
Accu-chek compact. Kinda nice since the strips are in a drum inside the meter. No need to handle the strips.

The Accu-chek sounds like it's been around a while. I was diagnosed only 2 months ago, so this diabetes stuff is ALL new to me.
One thing for sure though, all these holiday meals have been hell to deal with.

THIS IS AN OLD THREAD!!!!!