PDA

View Full Version : Video Card Overclocking

koopkoop2
06-12-2004, 06:47 PM
Can anyone recommend a good VGA overclocking cooling solution (No water systems). I've never O/C'd anything and I want to try OCing my vid card. However, I want to have a good cooling system in place so I won't burn up my card.

I have a GF4 4200 Ti AGP 8X with 128 MB RAM.

Davetronz
06-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Go with a zalman pipe cooling system. It takes up a lot of room, but its a pretty good cooler. If I can find a picture of it or a link I will post it.

Davetronz
06-12-2004, 08:23 PM
Something like this beast.
http://www.firingsquad.com/products/hwproduct.asp/2363

koopkoop2
06-13-2004, 02:19 AM
Wow. That's kind of funny. I actually bought the exact one you recommended, before I posted. I didn't mention it because I wanted everyone's fresh perspective on this.

Yeah, I bought it from MemEx for $50. However, they don't sell the optional fan and judging from the reviews I've been reading reviews and apparently it's hotter then the stock heat sink without the fan. It is only when the sink is combined with a fan that the results become impressive. The tests were done with cards like the 9800 Pro and the card I have puts out much less heat (GF4 4200 Ti) so maybe it will be different with my card.

Is there a program that can tell me the core temp of my vid card?From what I've seen, nothing like this exists but I thought I'd ask anyways. How much does a temp probe cost and where can I buy one?