PDA

View Full Version : canadian grand prix

hyperwhite
06-13-2004, 08:37 AM
Just noticed there hasn't been an F1 thread in awhile, because hockey owns all. but now that hockey is over and F1 is in canada i thought i'd throw it up. for me its gonna be weird not seeing villeneuve out there because i didn't start watching F1 untill he was there. Also i predict a Jenson Button victory. anyone else have predictions?

calgarys13
06-13-2004, 08:44 AM
yes i hate to say it buy a west car will blow

habsfan
06-13-2004, 09:19 AM
takuma sato storms through the field to finish on or near the podium

hyperwhite
06-13-2004, 09:25 AM
takuma sato storms through the feild and then crashes trying to make a stupid pass because he is too imature. but it'll come eventually

Akagi Redsuns
06-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
takuma sato storms through the feild and then crashes trying to make a stupid pass because he is too imature. but it'll come eventually

LOL! He is fast, but needs to learn patience. His "pass" at the last race where he ran into Barichello was totally brutal. What was he thinking there?? Ah well, hopefully he learned from that mistake and if the Honda engine can hold together for the race, he should place well.

habsfan
06-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
crashes trying to make a stupid pass because he is too imature.

where's the optimism fool???

rage2
06-13-2004, 10:54 AM
All I have to say is, Canadian GP cameras SUCK. The picture looks horrible, it's like they took a bunch of camcorders and laid them out on the track. It's surprising that a multimillion dollar event has such crappy cameras.

I predcited schumacher pole and lead... I got it right! (too bad it's the wrong schumacher haha).

habsfan
06-13-2004, 10:58 AM
damn the ferraris are flying...........

that sucks

habsfan
06-13-2004, 11:37 AM
well sato is out :rolleyes:

hyperwhite
06-13-2004, 12:18 PM
i guess BAR still has a surplus of the JV special engines

cman
06-13-2004, 12:35 PM
the cars looked so weird with no tobacco advertising lol.

rage2
06-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Definately looked retarded without Tobacco advertising. Stupid ass Canadian tobacco laws! It's gonna kill the sport!

cman
06-13-2004, 05:11 PM
holy crap bmw and toyota drivers have just been disqualified for illegal equipment on the car. both had illegal brake cooling ducts.
so ferrari finishes 1-2

CKY
06-14-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by cman
holy crap bmw and toyota drivers have just been disqualified for illegal equipment on the car. both had illegal brake cooling ducts.
so ferrari finishes 1-2

yeah i was shocked when i heard those 4 cars got disqualified. too bad for ralfy:dunno:

hjr
06-14-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Definately looked retarded without Tobacco advertising. Stupid ass Canadian tobacco laws! It's gonna kill the sport! not quite. F1 is phasing out Tobacco advertising and it will be gone completely by the 2006 season, so the teams already know there tobacco money wont last.

Originally posted by cman
so ferrari finishes 1-2 holy shit! you mean toyota actually cheated at racing? what would that make this like the 4th incident or 5th incident? Everyone knows that they are banned outright from WRC because of cheating right? cheat cheat cheat.

rage2
06-14-2004, 11:49 AM
Everyone pushes the rules to the limits. Just that those 2 teams interpreted the rules a bit different than the officials ;). Kinda like hockey haha.

CKY
06-14-2004, 06:57 PM
car specifications are like equiment regulations in most sports, there just so much to include and so many different ways to interpert them. thats why you don't see problems with sports like soccer and basketball because all you need is just a ball and off they go

BigMass
06-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Funny how none of the officials said anything after practice 2 days before the race when they had a chance to inspect the cars. Also there is always an official present while the teams work on the cars. If they saw something they should have DQed the cars before the race not after. F1 teams try and get away with new tech, but because of the strict controls they dont risk their race by cheating on existing rules. It just seems like more FIA bullshit.

F1 is all about the best most advanced technology. The more they restrict the cars, the more F1 will turn into CART. Eventually someone else will come along with their own racing series and call it.... F2, and let the teams do anything they want with less restraints. That will be the true spirit of what F1 used to be. They're already planning on moving to spec tires come 2006. What next? Spec engine? spec chasis? They should go to a twin trubo V8 and switch their name to CART.

rage2
06-15-2004, 10:37 AM
According to Toyota, they nailed 'em on a manufacturing tolerance. Performance wouldn't have been a difference anyways.

hjr
06-15-2004, 12:53 PM
all they need to do is allow active suspension, thats my theory, that way even less emphasis will be put on the driver, haha. Mr. Williams of BMW Williams, said that a driver is only 25% of a winning car. 1/4. thats it.

hyperwhite
06-16-2004, 12:11 PM
they should just strap monkeys in them and make the cars radio control. that way they can pay them in bananas instead of millions and millions of dollars :rofl: