PDA

View Full Version : how to do a burnout

localtuner
06-13-2004, 01:06 PM
alright me and my friends have been discussing burnouts and we want some other input... whats the best procedure for doing burnouts in both auto and manual cars. any help woudl be kool... were lookin for procedures. thanks guys

Lennon
06-13-2004, 01:14 PM
Kinda common sense I always thought, just think of the best ways for your tires to not gain traction, harder on an auto, do a neutral drop, not good for the car though, FWD and RWD would also have to be considered. Whether or not you use your e-brake or brake pedal... E-brake for a FWD, and pedal for RWD. Manual just rev it up to what your feeling comfortable with, then just pop that clutch and have one of those brakes on....

Mind you, burnouts aren't exactly a good thing. I hope your not planning on doing this with your parents car. Doing them is hard on the vehicle.

And I assume your doing them on your parents car only cause your asking how to do them.

cman
06-13-2004, 01:44 PM
haha exactly what lennon said, just rev her up a bit drop the clutch and floor the pedal...whee:burnout:

bad on the car but fun to do on occasion.

fast95pony
06-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Please practice on your own driveway,so you will hopefully only wreck your own car and no one elses...

Or you could try it at 64th Ave NE and 12th St . I'm sure one of the Officers with come out a gladly show you how to do a proper burnout, because there's nothing cooler than watching a "Localtuner" tuned Civic attempt a burnout.
Thanks for listening...:thumbsup:

CelicaST-162
06-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by localtuner
alright me and my friends have been discussing burnouts and we want some other input... whats the best procedure for doing burnouts in both auto and manual cars. any help woudl be kool... were lookin for procedures. thanks guys

I dont think your 1.6L civic would have the torque to spin those tires, so dont bother.

finboy
06-13-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162

I dont think your 1.6L civic would have the torque to spin those tires, so dont bother.

:werd:

sasukekun
06-14-2004, 07:23 AM
Dude, if we got this Accent to do a burnout, his car can do a burnout.

http://members.shaw.ca/sasukekun/AccentWing.jpg

Just gotta lube the tires up with some old oil and you're good :) In a FWD it's real easy, you pull the e-brake, you lube the front tires up, and you give it lots of gas. Sometimes, it's a good idea to give it a little go before hitting the e-brake, that's the only way I could get my minivan to spin the tires (without oil that is).

Either way a burnout is bad for your car, and you don't look cool doing it in a civic. All you're doing is killing your tires.

Scat
06-14-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by sasukekun
Just gotta lube the tires up with some old oil and you're good :)

Oil is no fun! Try bleech on the tires for smokiest results. Assuming of course that you don't care too much about your tires.

in*10*se
06-14-2004, 08:44 PM
idiots.....:burnout: who doesn't know how to do that?

RAXX
06-14-2004, 09:04 PM
http://www.bandagbullet.com/bandagbullet.bak2/bathurstburnout.WMV :D :eek:

Lennon
06-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Good grief, ya, the only way you got that accent to burn, is all that crazy downforce you have with that overpriced wing you have on the back of it.

GQNammer
06-15-2004, 12:47 PM
LOL
Just noticed the cardboard spoiler on that accent, hahaa

FoRn420
06-16-2004, 12:23 AM
thats too funny :poosie:

Z_Fan
06-16-2004, 10:20 AM
RAXX -> That burnout video is great!

Now *THAT'S* a serious amount of smoke! :thumbsup:

Rowdy
06-17-2004, 07:12 AM
Its the Enterprise Rent-a-Car sticker on the Accent that cracked me up. I bet they kept the wing on it for the next customer, cause that chit is sexxxxxxxxxxy!

EK 2.0
06-17-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by localtuner

I DO NOT know why and how I missed this thread...

Ask anyone on beyond and they will tell you that I am the burnout king:rolleyes:...now my friend heres what we do ok??

Ask mom for the keys, and tell her to come with you, cause you will need help in this...on your way out grab your dad and your lil sister, cause the more the betta obviously...

roll the car out onto the street in front of your driveway...pour some bleach onto the drive wheels of the car...coat them nice and good ok??...Now...

roll down back windows, or open the trunk if its a coupe...and ask your mom, sister and pops to hold the car back while you get in pull the e-brake and mash the go pedal ok man??...this should provide you and your family...as well as your neighbours hours of fun...beats watching Dawson's Creek doesnt it??

Boosted_TL
06-17-2004, 09:08 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

Lennon
06-17-2004, 05:01 PM
Cyclone..........your nuts.

EK 2.0
06-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Have you tried it yet??...let us know how it works out...

BuknBronco
06-17-2004, 07:01 PM
No offece dude but if your car wont spin by just kicking it to the floor, you probably shouldn't be trying to make it.Get a sports car.

localtuner
06-18-2004, 09:58 AM
i havent gotten to try it yet but soon enough i will im posting a thread with another question so some of you guys with jbodys wanna help me out here

QuasarCav
06-18-2004, 10:13 AM
I've got a j-body!

I step on the gas and the wheels spin, not for very long but they spin.

It doesn't matter what car you have as long as you can overcome traction with the drivewheels.

From your other post i'm guessing you have a 5spd? rev it to 5500 drop the clutch and burn away.

Smack that Ecotec like the bitch it is:burnout: :burnout:

Skylinelover
06-19-2004, 08:55 AM
Go to pick your part and find some tires with 0.5% tred left and punch the gas :burnout:

CelicaST-162
06-19-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Skylinelover
Go to pick your part and find some tires with 0.5% tred left and punch the gas :burnout:

And fill them 10 psi over the reccomended air pressure:D and have fun!

Skylinelover
06-19-2004, 09:27 AM
Lol. That would be funny.