PDA

View Full Version : expirances with DSM's?

AzN_4_LiFe
06-13-2004, 04:21 PM
im lookning at maybe buying one, so im asking if anyone has had bad expirances with one or good???

theres not really anything for same price range, its the best bang for the buck

dkny_stylez
06-13-2004, 04:26 PM
DON'T BY DSM...That's all you need to know:thumbsdow

Strider
06-13-2004, 04:26 PM
I've had my 1g for 3.5 months now... I'll have to say it's a pretty finicky car, but it's still a lot of fun to drive

5.9 R/T
06-13-2004, 10:33 PM
Search. Topic has been covered.

EK 2.0
06-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
Search. Topic has been covered.

Exactly...I would not recomend a DSM to my worst enemy...

Although I do love my car, you have to be on top of the maintenance...if you let thing slide, you will end up paying...

But having said that, GREAT potential...

heavyD
06-14-2004, 02:46 PM
They are no worse than any other turbocharged vehicle. Most people mod them and that is when shit breaks. When I first got my Eclipse it ran great for the first year (stock). Once I started modding it the reliability went downhill. Do your research and make sure that you have your bases covered when you increase the boost.

BumpinTalon
06-14-2004, 04:53 PM
I have a DSM. I like it.
It's a nonturbo so the motor is a bit more reliable but the tranny sucks.

403Gemini
06-15-2004, 12:13 AM
yea ive never heard of a good experience with a DSM, buddy kyle had one, tranny kept goin on him. buddy chad had one, his belt went and fucked his entire engine. cyclone doesnt say the greatest things about em either...

they are good "do it yourself" cars. if your very mechanically inclined and rich you will enjoy this car :D

BigMass
06-15-2004, 07:15 PM
The worse part of DSMs are the owners. Now, im not talking about me or other DSM owners on this forum that more than likely bought their DSMs second hand and not new. We are stuck with cars that were bagged on by their previous owners for 200,000kms. They have the fun and we are stuck with the shit they leave over for us used car buyers. I have spent a lot of money getting my DSM up to a very good and reliable condition. It's like any car now. If i take care of it i have no problems with it. The only problems i have had with it are due %100 to the crappy previous owner it had.

I guarantee you that if i owned my car since day 1 it would drive to 1,000,000 miles on the original engine. Well, maybe not, but you get my point.

pr0
06-15-2004, 07:29 PM
If the car you are buying was driving to hell then yes, it will probably break down on you. So far my RS had one major problem, and it was the ECU, replaced it with a 5 spd, no problems. We'll see how the performance is once I get the turbo installed :D