PDA

View Full Version : New Coke C2??

Gonthro
06-14-2004, 11:14 AM
supposed to have half the carbs and calories of regualr coke... is this avaliable in canada? can anyone verify that it tastes the same?

(personally i dont like coke, but im just curious if they have pulled this off without changing the taste.)

PhenomSE
06-14-2004, 11:25 AM
I wanna try this stuff sooo bad...being a diabetic and diet coke tasting like ass...half the carbs and same taste in this new coke is wicked!!

legereandrew4
06-14-2004, 11:25 AM
:eek:

mo_virgin
06-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Unless your a Diabetic...

CARB DIETING IS GAY!!!! FUCK ATKINS!!! FUCK SOUTHBEACH!!! and all that shit...

This is way overboard now, whatever happened to eating all your food groups and working out to stay healthy and in good shape?

Oh yeah... thats a real contructive post Andy.

/////AMG
06-14-2004, 01:30 PM
It's not out here yet, it is in Asia. I think it comes out here late summer or fall.

Toma
06-14-2004, 02:59 PM
lol...half the carbs eh? so form 60grams to 30? hahahahaha ;) When I am on Atkins, I don;t eat more then 20 grams all day.

Atkins rules BTW ;)

But I agree, all the low carb shit using cancerogenic sweeteners is BAD. I alss do not agree with using non-natural ingredients trying to duplicate food tastes.

TalonVelocity
06-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by PhenomSE
I wanna try this stuff sooo bad...being a diabetic and diet coke tasting like ass...half the carbs and same taste in this new coke is wicked!!

Diet Coke fuckin pwns you, Im on about 5 Double Gulps from 7-11 a day now.. 9L approx.

Idratherbsidewayz
06-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Toma
lol...half the carbs eh? so form 60grams to 30? hahahahaha ;) When I am on Atkins, I don;t eat more then 20 grams all day.

Atkins rules BTW ;)

But I agree, all the low carb shit using cancerogenic sweeteners is BAD. I alss do not agree with using non-natural ingredients trying to duplicate food tastes.

The sweetener is a problem in itself but I don't see how people can believe that there is an easy way out. In this world, each extreme never works out, there has to be a balance. A high protein diet like Atkins is not good for you, not to mention that the meat normally bought is pumped with hormones. It is unhealthy in the long run. The person who discovered it died of some heart complication in his late 60's, does that not tell you anything?

Eating a balanced diet and working out are the smarter way to go about these things...

Toma
06-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

The sweetener is a problem in itself but I don't see how people can believe that there is an easy way out. In this world, each extreme never works out, there has to be a balance. A high protein diet like Atkins is not good for you, not to mention that the meat normally bought is pumped with hormones. It is unhealthy in the long run. The person who discovered it died of some heart complication in his late 60's, does that not tell you anything?

Eating a balanced diet and working out are the smarter way to go about these things...
Atkins died due to a fall... so what does that tell me? Nothin.

but, my microbiology degree tells me you are full of shit. Nowhere in human evolution does it say we need refined sugar, white flour etc to have a "balanced diet".

Atkins is LOW carbs, nothing else, Not high fat, not high protein, not hormone injected beef. It means low CARBS. Which means LOTS of GOOD carbs, like vegetables, certain fruits, legumes etc.... besides, I would rather have hormone injected beef, then estrogen releasing whole grains (I don't like tits on me or a small balls ;) )

Plus it has been proven 100% that if you go low fat, your chances of croaking form heart diseas are higher then any other "diet".

Balance? Sure. Stay away from starch and sugars, and you will
1) live longer
2) have better "blood work"
3) not lose your hair near as quick
4) look better
5) have more energy, feel healthier

blinkme_210
06-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Where do I go to sign up for an Atkins diet? I would like to try it out after hearing all the media coverage that it's had.

Idratherbsidewayz
06-14-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Toma

Atkins died due to a fall... so what does that tell me? Nothin.

but, my microbiology degree tells me you are full of shit. Nowhere in human evolution does it say we need refined sugar, white flour etc to have a "balanced diet".

Atkins is LOW carbs, nothing else, Not high fat, not high protein, not hormone injected beef. It means low CARBS. Which means LOTS of GOOD carbs, like vegetables, certain fruits, legumes etc.... besides, I would rather have hormone injected beef, then estrogen releasing whole grains (I don't like tits on me or a small balls ;) )

Plus it has been proven 100% that if you go low fat, your chances of croaking form heart diseas are higher then any other "diet".

Balance? Sure. Stay away from starch and sugars, and you will
1) live longer
2) have better "blood work"
3) not lose your hair near as quick
4) look better
5) have more energy, feel healthier

You don't know any of these things as it has not been used for more than 10 yrs. You don't know the long term impacts of going on this diet...

Toma
06-14-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

You don't know any of these things as it has not been used for more than 10 yrs. You don't know the long term impacts of going on this diet...

Whatya talking about? Atkins has been around for over 40 years, I've been doing it for over 15. In concept, it is 100's of years old.

And the things i posted, I KNOW, because sugar, and carbs do that to you. A high carb diet will increase your chances of:
Losing your hair
making you fat
decrease your energy levels
heart disease
low sex drive
premature aging.

All these things are proven.

AzN_4_LiFe
06-14-2004, 10:11 PM
YAY for diabetes

i cant wait to try this stuff!!!

Kamen
06-14-2004, 10:54 PM
Wow I work for Coke and I haven't even heard about this C2 stuff...

Just googled it..I want to try now!!

http://www.carbwire.com/images/cokec2bottle.jpg

CKY
06-15-2004, 01:11 AM
i dunno, in recent years i've grown my taste out of colas and into 7 up, mountain dew and root beers, but i won't mind giving it a try as long as it doesn't taste as bad as diet coke

PhenomSE
06-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by TalonVelocity
Diet Coke fuckin pwns you, Im on about 5 Double Gulps from 7-11 a day now.. 9L approx.

Yo man...TOO MUCH~! :eek: Haha You're crazy... :barf:

Skylinelover
06-16-2004, 05:09 PM
Hmm I wonder how this will taste.

Gonthro
06-17-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Skylinelover
Hmm I wonder how this will taste.

apparently its supposed to taste the same.

PhenomSE
06-17-2004, 12:59 PM
...half the carbs and same taste in this new coke is wicked!!

ks32561
07-01-2004, 12:27 AM
Yeah well the issue kinda went from Coke to whether atkins is correct or not. Im not a supporter of the atkins wave, I havent read the book but the marketing seems to be full of crap. There are many forms of low carb diets though, to one person 20 carbs in a day may be alot, but to another 50 might be fine to eat. Of course bread and white rice arent the best sources of carbs , because of their high glycemic index, but brown rice and sweet potatoes are perfectly acceptable to eat because of a lower GI. Anyway I dont feel like getting into a deep discussion of diets but I have tasted the new coke. I dont usually drink things with artificial sweetner (however I think its a pretty good song by No Doubt) but the coke was free as a promotion. When I tasted it it was kinda warm so I cant be precise but honestly I think if it were chilled and I was handed two glasses one with C2 and one with Normal Coke I can honestly say that it would take me a few sips to distinguish which was which.

huss
07-11-2004, 05:37 PM
i think anything with low carbs/fat/salt etc tastes sick

keep up the fat/salts/carbs because thats what tasted good:thumbsup:

PhenomSE
08-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Sooooo...anyone try this stuff yet?? I bought one yesterday at 7-11...tastes exactly like regular Coke to me...I am very impressed!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gonthro
08-12-2004, 02:34 PM
im waiting for pepsi edge to come out :D

benyl
08-12-2004, 03:14 PM
You can buy C2 at Safeway

KELSTAR
08-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro
supposed to have half the carbs and calories of regualr coke... is this avaliable in canada? can anyone verify that it tastes the same?

(personally i dont like coke, but im just curious if they have pulled this off without changing the taste.)

I tried it this afternoon. Not suprisingly, it has an aftertaste that is similar to aspartame. (diet coke) It kind of taste likes someone poured half a glass of diet with coke. Pepsi Edge tastes the same way.

GQBalla
08-12-2004, 06:33 PM
actually i think it taste the same cept it taste like flat coke! thats what i think i think its pretty nasty!

T5_X
08-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Quite similar in taste. It's certainly not as sweet as regular coke (duh) and as previously mentioned, you get a little of that sweetener aftertaste. Just too bad they only have it in those 600 ml bottles. Until they get cases of cans out, I'm too broke to drink it everyday, gotta keep on with the diet stuff for now.

KELSTAR
08-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by T5_X
Quite similar in taste. It's certainly not as sweet as regular coke (duh) and as previously mentioned, you get a little of that sweetener aftertaste. Just too bad they only have it in those 600 ml bottles. Until they get cases of cans out, I'm too broke to drink it everyday, gotta keep on with the diet stuff for now.

Drinking a can of regular coke is pretty much the same as drinking a 600 ml bottle of C2.
reg can = 355ml.
C2 = 600ml...
if you drink almost twice as much of lower cal/lower carb it works out to be pretty much the same as drinking one regular coke..

QuasarCav
08-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by KELSTAR

Drinking a can of regular coke is pretty much the same as drinking a 600 ml bottle of C2.
reg can = 355ml.
C2 = 600ml...
if you drink almost twice as much of lower cal/lower carb it works out to be pretty much the same as drinking one regular coke..

You've hacked the secret.

It can never taste the same, why do they continue to try. People who love that stuff could probably detect 5>PPM differences in the sugar content.

SpoonEK9@STRD
08-13-2004, 03:48 PM
mmm sugar, mmmm Coke. 2 of my favorite things on this earth.

Davide
08-13-2004, 06:09 PM
this stuffs been in vending machines for at least a month and a half now, and it tastes like a diet coke/coke mix, right down the middle.

Personally Im sticking to Pepsi!

kiwi
08-13-2004, 11:50 PM
Is this the Coke that was invented in China or something? I'm scared to ingest anything made from China... =P

rockym20
08-18-2004, 01:46 PM
I found it way too carbonated for my tastes. And it doesn't taste nearly as good as the real thing.

Skylinelover
08-18-2004, 01:50 PM
The first bottle I had tasted the same now I can tell a little bit of difference.

QuasarCav
08-18-2004, 01:53 PM
I had one yesterday, your guys description is right on.

I was actually thinking it would taste worse than diet but it's not too shabby. Wont be buying it often though, damn aftertaste.

Skylinelover
08-18-2004, 01:56 PM
Wont be buying it often though, damn aftertaste.

I can't taste any after taste. Wanna describe it?

QuasarCav
08-18-2004, 02:01 PM

Short Version:

ASPERTAME
(enough said)

Long Version:
This delectable beverage starts with a cokey nose and a mass-produced bouquet, It works its way to an almost diety body with subtle notes or caramel and coca-cola. The aftertaste is reminicent of a night spent drinking diet coke. It leaves you with the gentle reminder that this is not "real coke"

Does that make you happy?
(you postwhore)

PhenomSE
08-18-2004, 02:16 PM
:rofl: ^^ Niiice :D

rage2
08-18-2004, 02:27 PM
If you think C2 and Coke Classic tastes the same, go to a doctor, cuz your taste buds are fucked! :rofl:

Lilac Wine
09-08-2004, 02:06 AM
I think it taste almost exactly the same as regular coke. I will keep getting it!

Redlyne_mr2
09-08-2004, 07:14 AM
Its nasty stuff. Rebadged cafeine free diet coke perhaps?

project240
09-08-2004, 07:47 AM
C2 is basically the same formula as regular coca-cola. For those of you who don't care about carbs, drink regular coke, this is meant for people who do care about calories/carbs. Pop is never going to be a healthy drink, nor is this a healthy choice, but it does have less sugar, no apartame, less carbs and less calories... so it is more healthy than your regular coke.

Just my 2 cents... coming from a guy who works for Coca-Cola.

Ben
09-08-2004, 11:53 AM
The first bottle I had tasted the same now I can tell a little bit of difference.

Originally posted by Lilac Wine
I think it taste almost exactly the same as regular coke. I will keep getting it!

Fuckin rookies!

Originally posted by rage2
If you think C2 and Coke Classic tastes the same, go to a doctor, cuz your taste buds are fucked! :rofl:

:werd:

Maybe I've drank a lot of coke and pepsi in my time, but I can tell within 1-2 seconds if I've been brought a diet pepsi versus regular, or coke instead of pepsi at a restaurant, diet coke vs diet pepsi, caffeine free vs anything, and now this C2 versus the original.

It's so damn obvious, I'm lost on how you all can say it tastes the same, they NEVER taste the same no matter what the ad's say, it's about as noticable as a kick in the groin. Stuff tastes like garbage.

Do we have to get all taste test on your ass's? haha

Seriously tho...get your taste buds checked...likely an underlying medical issue.

Originally posted by project240
C2 is basically the same formula as regular coca-cola. For those of you who don't care about carbs, drink regular coke, this is meant for people who do care about calories/carbs. Pop is never going to be a healthy drink, nor is this a healthy choice, but it does have less sugar, no apartame, less carbs and less calories... so it is more healthy than your regular coke.

Sweet...let them know in the next board meeting it tastes aweful and to stop their lame false advertising that it tastes the same.

1/2 the Carbs. 1/2 the Cals. All the great Taste

Get what you want.

Who was the rocket scientist behind that slogan..."All the great taste" haha, compared to what, who decides if the taste is great or not? Great compared to consuming slurried caffeinated horseshit maybe...but certainly no where close to the original "Great taste"

:D :rofl: :rofl:

Gonthro
09-08-2004, 11:57 AM
i just tried the new pepsi edge, it does taste diffrent as well, but tis not as bad as c2

project240
09-09-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Sweet...let them know in the next board meeting it tastes aweful and to stop their lame false advertising that it tastes the same.

It does taste very very similar to regular coke. I'd like to see a row of 10 glasses... 7 with regular coke and 3 with C2 and you get all 10 right.... not likely. Of course you'll say you could do that no problem. Right?

Gonthro
09-09-2004, 08:14 AM

no aspertame??

Ingredients

Carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup and/or sucrose, caramel color, phosphoric acid, natural flavors, potassium benzoate (to protect taste), potassium citrate, caffeine, aspartame, acesulfame, potassium, sucralose.

QuasarCav
09-09-2004, 08:31 AM

It does taste very very similar to regular coke. I'd like to see a row of 10 glasses... 7 with regular coke and 3 with C2 and you get all 10 right.... not likely. Of course you'll say you could do that no problem. Right?

I could do it no problem. I'll put money on it!

10 glasses: 7 with coke and 3 with a 80/20 c2/coke mix. I could still tell, you cand hide ASSpertame.

project240
09-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

I could do it no problem. I'll put money on it!

10 glasses: 7 with coke and 3 with a 80/20 c2/coke mix. I could still tell, you cand hide ASSpertame.

If I still lived in Calgary I'd definitely put money on that.

240_pimp
09-09-2004, 03:53 PM
C2 is NASTY.........

BeyondKool
09-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Whats the Diff Between Diet Coke & C2:dunno:

aquamarine
09-26-2004, 08:56 AM
To put it easily, it's shit.

It tastes like stale coke. Y'know the kind... you drink 1/4 of the bottle, put the cap back on, let it sit at room-temp for about 5 days then when you can't find anything else, you open it and take a slug. Stale coke.

It's all over here in Japan and just doesn't sell. Coke has already started handing out free toys if you buy a bottle (neat marketing gimmick but shitty product)

Kamen
09-27-2004, 01:01 AM

Go easy on them man. I work for Coke too, they don't really know what goes down. Especially Pepsi stuff, just add water to Coke. :rofl:
j/k

I'm a merch/SES.
What are you? Driver?