PDA

View Full Version : so i drift around a corner and these old people see me

sexterhardon
06-15-2004, 06:37 PM
i was in a small residential area and i came around a corner and drifted....but i went too far and had to jam the breaks and there was this old woman up the street with her husband, i ended up pretty much sideways on the wrong side of the street (i just got my car) and so i drive by and her husband comes out and they both stare at my as i go by....
I know its not a biggie but pretend they want to file a complaint or soemthing, what would actually happen? if they told the cops about it could they really do anything just because some people said they saw it happen? if any of you know about something like this it would help casue if my dad finds out somehow hell take the car n e help would be good thanks

Cyruss12
06-15-2004, 06:38 PM
If the cops didnt see it theres nothing they can do.

Kaos
06-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Drifting in a residental area?
Are you proud?:rolleyes:

What if u smoked some kid riding his/her bike?

Just like street racing, KEEP IT ON THE TRACK.

:rolleyes:

Phats
06-15-2004, 06:44 PM
yes they could file a complaint and yes you are dumb for trying to drift in a residential area.

buh_buh
06-15-2004, 06:47 PM
I don't think they could give you a ticket, but you deserve one for being such a dumbass. Maybe you should think twice next time before doing stupid shit in a residential area where there are kids running around.

sexterhardon
06-15-2004, 07:05 PM
i know it was stupid but say they do file the complaint, what would the police do? would they just keep it on file or would they actually follow it up?

jizzajames
06-15-2004, 07:06 PM
if youre under 18, and someone calls the cops with the plate #. they will call your residents, and let the owner of the vehicle know about the complaint....if your dad's a nice guy, nothin will happen, if he wants to be a prick, he can give permission to suspend your liscence for how ever long he wants until you are 18. because technically you are a probationary driver until 18. happened to me for peelin out in a church parkin lot when i was 16. luckily, you can be doin nut after nut, and as long as a cop doesnt see you, you cant get a ticket or anything though. 40 people could phone in a complaint and you wont get a ticket

sexterhardon
06-15-2004, 07:09 PM
im not sure if its my car legally, it was my dads but he gave to me casue he got a new beemer, but i am the primary driver on the insurance does that mean they will call?

cman
06-15-2004, 07:16 PM
bottom line is you shouldnt be drifting in a residential area thats just stupid, and drifting in a car you just got? maybe get used to it first and "practice" in a more safe area.

C4S
06-15-2004, 07:18 PM
oh mine .. Kid .. please don't do that again ..

sound so scary ! drifting in resident area ?

They can chase you, if they got your plate # ... yes, it is hard to really do anything to you .. but there is no fun, if one day your parents having coffee with few the police in your house, and they are keep talking about you ! :dunno:

Dumb !:banghead:

Zephyr
06-15-2004, 07:20 PM
i hope u get punished for that stupid deed. there is a reason why there are lines on the roads and speed limits, i rather see u get punished now and learn a lesson before u kill someone and learn a lesson from that..

jizzajames
06-15-2004, 07:48 PM
i'm sure he wasnt actually drifting... sounds more like a little fishtail that he lost control off. :poosie:

Orbie
06-15-2004, 08:00 PM
I love hearing about these kids driving around pulling crazy stunts thinking their all cool, and then shitting their pants when there is even the smallest chance of getting caught and punished. The odds of you getting caught are next to nothing, but I would rather you do get caught and punished so you don't do that again. Hopefully this whole situation has scared you into thinking properly from now on when driving. Normally I don't mind kids who get hand-me-down cars from their parents, but when they have no sense of responsibility and do stupid things that's just damn spoiled!

sexterhardon
06-15-2004, 08:01 PM
i offered 2 buy it....

rage2
06-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Cyruss12
If the cops didnt see it theres nothing they can do.
If they call the cops to complain, you WILL get a ticket. Well, the registered owner of the car will get a ticket. Do a search, it's been covered before.

I've been blessed with such a ticket for speeding.

GTS Jeff
06-15-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Orbie
I love hearing about these kids driving around pulling crazy stunts thinking their all cool, and then shitting their pants when there is even the smallest chance of getting caught and punished. fuck i used to be just like that was i was a highschooler. so shameful. :(

Skyline_Addict
06-15-2004, 08:24 PM
hmmmmm.
just don't do it again and stop worrying about it.

Idratherbsidewayz
06-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by rage2

If they call the cops to complain, you WILL get a ticket. Well, the registered owner of the car will get a ticket. Do a search, it's been covered before.

My friend got one for stunting in a residential when some resident called him in. The cops called his house and told him not to leave it. They came and they gave him a ticket, along with 6 demerits...

Stupid idea drifting in residential...

Kamen
06-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Yea seriously, you are fucking lucky you didn't smoke anything.

lam-boy
06-15-2004, 08:42 PM
too bad you didn't run into that light post down the road on the way out..that would have been a shame..

ZorroAMG
06-15-2004, 08:44 PM
:rofl: :rofl: Ahhh to be young, dumb and a terrible driver again.....

blueripper6
06-15-2004, 08:46 PM
if u do actually get a ticket. Go fight it, most likely u will get WAY less cash to pay, way less everything.

They were old, u werent drifting, your friends house is right there and u went to reverse into his driveway..

yet U ARE STILL A FUCKING IDIOTT!@$#@

TalonVelocity
06-15-2004, 08:55 PM
Dude you're a fucking idiot.

Skyline_Addict
06-15-2004, 08:57 PM
hmmmmm..
i think he knows he's an idiot.
now let's make sure he doesn't do it again with some constructive peer-to-peer advice.

dj_rice
06-15-2004, 09:45 PM
Hahaha acted stupid and now hes scared of getting busted lol...

Well first off, ur an idiot for drifting in a residential area and on public streets anywayz cuz thats dangerous cuz u dont know how and u could hurt someone but I'm sure u know that, but as for ur ticket I dont think u can get a ticket...cuz the cops didnt see u commiting the offense..
My buddy was doing driftin in an empty church parking lot and some dude came out and was actually on the phone with the cops calling it in and gave them his plates but no ticket yet..

cman
06-15-2004, 10:51 PM

really? weird that seems kinda going overboard, and i dont agree with that at all. everyone has their own definitions of things, and just some normal person is in no position to be decided what is right and what is wrong. some things are obvious crimes but leave the law into the hands of the police, not average citizens who have absolutly no authority to be making judgements like that.

i mean, couldnt you just set some up using that theory???:dunno:

FoRn420
06-16-2004, 12:29 AM
no ticket for it...if its nothing but witness heresay, they can only give the owner of the vehicle a warning...
had it happen to me in my stupid careless days...learned my lesson from too many close encounters...thank god i never got ticketed for them (knock on wood) but now i look at kids like you and laugh...is a $15k car worth 3 seconds of thrill? I doubt it...

sexualbanana
06-16-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by cman
i mean, couldnt you just set some up using that theory???:dunno:

You could if the car had the same plate and same car. Otherwise they'd notice something is wrong when they look up a plate belonging to Red 86 Civic on a 04 TL.

Registered owner tickets are basically the same as photo radar tickets. They put the blame on the owner of the car that is caught violating a law. Not the driver since they can't prove it was the actual owner behind the wheel.

You're right that everyone has their own definition of safe and not safe. But I'm pretty sure everyone on the planet thinks drifting on a residential street is unsafe and PROBABLY against the law.

Given the location and stupidity of the act, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a ticket or a phone call from the cops.

FoRn420
06-16-2004, 12:43 AM
at least a phone call from the cops will be a wakeup call to not drive like a moron in a res. area...?:angel:

Khyron
06-16-2004, 02:11 AM
I dunno how Rages ticket didn't get beat. I mean, if a COP says you're speeding and it's an estimation, it's a good chance to get thrown out. Let alone a citizen. He says you were speeding, you say you weren't. Unless it was on video or something?

Or are we saying that cops don't need any of that fancy training - that anyone should be able to judge traffic violations?

Khyron

rage2
06-16-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Khyron
I dunno how Rages ticket didn't get beat. I mean, if a COP says you're speeding and it's an estimation, it's a good chance to get thrown out. Let alone a citizen. He says you were speeding, you say you weren't. Unless it was on video or something?
It didn't get beat cuz it was out of town north of Edmonton. Cheaper to pay the fine. My wife was driving at the time, and we're GUESSING that some old lady we passed complained... she was holding up like 8 cars going 90 in a 100 zone, we being at the end passed all 8 cars in one shot :).

The ticket wasn't for speeding. It was like driving without consideration of other drivers or some bullshit like that. It was a safe pass, we just used a bit more speed than usual because there were 8 cars that needed passing.

autodc5
06-16-2004, 08:17 AM
I took a video of these stupid highschoolers passing me going around 80-90ish trying to get me to race in a playground zone at around 7pm once. I burnt it to a CD and dropped it off at the police station. If I ever saw someone do something like that I would find a way to make you pay. If they do complain you will get a call and you could get a ticket. But I would expect a cop to either call or show up at your house sometime soon if they said anything.

Gonthro
06-16-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

My friend got one for stunting in a residential when some resident called him in. The cops called his house and told him not to leave it. They came and they gave him a ticket, along with 6 demerits...

Stupid idea drifting in residential...

:bullshit:

they cant give you demerits unless they see you because Yes it was your car, but they cant prove you were driving.

civicrider
06-16-2004, 08:40 AM
i dont get this so i could randomly take down someones plate while im driving call the cops and say they were stunting and they could get a ticket even though they wernt?

rage2
06-16-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by civicrider
i dont get this so i could randomly take down someones plate while im driving call the cops and say they were stunting and they could get a ticket even though they wernt?
Correct. But if they take it to court, you have to show up and be a witness, otherwise the charges would get dropped.

Gonthro
06-16-2004, 08:57 AM

Correct. But if they take it to court, you have to show up and be a witness, otherwise the charges would get dropped.

and if they have money to burn they could sue you for false accusations.

Dj_Stylz
06-16-2004, 11:28 AM
What where you thinking in a res. area?

///M3
06-16-2004, 11:55 AM

In BC if 2 or more people complain, they will send a warning letter. and if it happends again, you will get a ticket. happend to me speeding. But there has to be 2 or more witnesses for the police to file it.

cman
06-16-2004, 12:23 PM
i agree that was very unsafe of him to do and deserves a phone call or talk with a police officer. i dont however think he should get a ticket as a result of it. maybe if a civilian complaint is recieved the cops should keep the plate in record and watch for the person doing more stupid shit, then give them a ticket.

WGR4Pussies
06-16-2004, 12:23 PM
ok, so lets go get 2 people, and say that blah blah blahbwas speeding, then do it again, then automaticly he gets a ticket? WTF, if A cop came to my door with a ticket like that, I would say "fuck you, you fucking moron, i never did shit, complain this!" and then i'd close the door.

Gonthro
06-16-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by WGR4Pussies
ok, so lets go get 2 people, and say that blah blah blahbwas speeding, then do it again, then automaticly he gets a ticket? WTF, if A cop came to my door with a ticket like that, I would say "fuck you, you fucking moron, i never did shit, complain this!" and then i'd close the door.

best idea EVAR!

GTS Jeff
06-16-2004, 12:56 PM
we just used a bit more speed than usual because there were 8 cars that needed passing. :rofl: yea i think its safe to say that the ticket is not worth fighting

brav85
06-16-2004, 12:58 PM
driving is a privillage not a right. treat it a such and everything will go smoothly for you and I hope you learned a valuable lesson from this experience.

sexualbanana
06-16-2004, 01:00 PM

You're just a tough actor to the cops eh? Then that just opens up a whole other can of shit.

EDIT: You just don't get it do you?
Will the accused get a ticket?
Yes.

Will he go to court?
Definitely, especially if he knows it's untrue.

Will he know you and your buddy did it?
You would have to testify. So yes they would know it was you.

Could he do something about it?
He could probably bring a lawsuit against you for slander or libel.

autodc5
06-16-2004, 01:25 PM
i dont know about everyone else here but if I saw someone slide around a corner and spin out I would want them to get a ticket. You do something like that you deserve some form of punishment. A ticket may be unfounded in some cases, but most people who do things stupid enough for someone to call and complain are young kids who will get in enough shit once their parents hear about what they did. I remember when I was 16 I got a speeding ticket, I was more worried about my dad finding out then paying the 150 bucks or whatever it was.

///M3
06-16-2004, 02:04 PM

They use witnesses in murder trials, so its no differnt. In both cases a crime was committed.

Fuji
06-16-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ///M3

They use witnesses in murder trials, so its no differnt. In both cases a crime was committed.

ummm traffic violations and criminal acts are two different things and hence are and should be treated with different rules etc.

///M3
06-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Fuji

ummm traffic violations and criminal acts are two different things and hence are and should be treated with different rules etc.

of course there treated differently but they will take a witnesses word for it, evidence or not.

it happend to me. I got a letter saying i was spotted speeding down a busy road and almost hit a mother an child:dunno: its all bullshit, they over reacted like any old fart would when it comes to teenagers. Oh its a N driver, so ill give him a dirty look.:rolleyes: for nothing

max_boost
06-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Didn't read through the posts but after talking to a friend who's an officer, yes charges can be laid, with successful conviction.

So next time you cut someone off dangerously or blow by someone on the highway, or perform some other stupid stunt, you could get a knock on your door from your local law enforcement.:thumbsup:

Idratherbsidewayz
06-16-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro

:bullshit:

they cant give you demerits unless they see you because Yes it was your car, but they cant prove you were driving.

PM me for his number and you can talk to him about it if you don't believe me. Im not gaining anything by lying, why would I?

He got a ticket for stunting, and hes the owner of the car. Demerits for stunting are 4 or 6...

Khyron
06-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

PM me for his number and you can talk to him about it if you don't believe me. Im not gaining anything by lying, why would I?

He got a ticket for stunting, and hes the owner of the car. Demerits for stunting are 4 or 6...

Then he admitted he was driving. You think camera tickets don't give demerits because the police/gov feel like being nice? No, it's because they can't prove the driver otherwise you bet your ass there'd be demerits.

Khyron

Idratherbsidewayz
06-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Khyron

Then he admitted he was driving. You think camera tickets don't give demerits because the police/gov feel like being nice? No, it's because they can't prove the driver otherwise you bet your ass there'd be demerits.

Khyron

I know all that, he was scared shitless so he prolly did admit to being the driver.

Skyline_Addict
06-17-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Hahaha acted stupid and now hes scared of getting busted lol...

Well first off, ur an idiot for drifting in a residential area and on public streets anywayz cuz thats dangerous cuz u dont know how and u could hurt someone but I'm sure u know that, but as for ur ticket I dont think u can get a ticket...cuz the cops didnt see u commiting the offense..
My buddy was doing driftin in an empty church parking lot and some dude came out and was actually on the phone with the cops calling it in and gave them his plates but no ticket yet..

tee hee hee will, i know about it too!:burnout:
saw the "footage"

Cyruss12
06-17-2004, 02:48 PM

That blows, i always figured the cops had to witness it to do anything about it. Because what if i get the licence plate of someone i dont like and just say he was speeding, he'll get a ticket?

GTS Jeff
06-17-2004, 03:25 PM
one time i called in the license plate of this car that was driving around drunk, (i saw which house he went into) and they couldnt do shit unless the officers actually witnessed it

DarkDream
06-18-2004, 08:57 PM
yah i don't think the cops can really do anything..... they may call your house and stuff..... to say someone reported you.... But i don't think they can give you a ticket....... if they didn't personally see you do it......

but then Maybe if there was lots and lots a people that saw it and they all reported it.... then something may happen