PDA

View Full Version : BMW Volvo and VW guys.....

maximus
06-15-2004, 10:39 PM
If you guys need any parts and/or work done STAY AWAY from Euroworks aka Swamy's right by Grand Prix indoor racing in NE. And I mean faaaaaar away. Biggest crooks in town. And don't buy his cars either. He fixes write-offs.

:guns:

finboy
06-15-2004, 10:43 PM
its good to know about scammers, but do you have any proof? just to make sure of no false accusations.

Lennon
06-15-2004, 10:45 PM
I've also heard this too, no proof either. But from reliable sources. (Yes, more than one person) so I'll vouch for that as well.

maximus
06-15-2004, 11:12 PM
ok heres your proof:

So I went in for a tranny for an E30. I called him and he said that he had an 89 tranny. Perfect! We worked out a deal to get it installed and cutch done at the same time. All good. Drop the car off on a friday should be done at the end of the day. At the end of the day "oh your tranny is 84 mounted to 89 engine. Ran into some problem blah blah blah come back monday. Monday rolls around and their excuse was that the cross member was wrong. Ok do that. Next day the drive shaft was too short. All right. So now he says he's getting a tranny from Van so the price shoots up by $200. Also the rear tranny seal I brought him was supposedly wrong even though I got the better one and his was $30. OK. Car is finally done. Apparently the tranny is now 86 and they ran into tons of problems since the old one was an 84. So My buddy goes to the back to put the tranny in his car while I pay. He asks the mechanic what was all those problem. Guess what the mechanic says??? He was trying to put in a 93 tranny. Thats an E36 tranny....the newer generation tranny for you non-BMWers. So totally wrong transmission.

Now I noticed a huge leak coming from the tranny. Went to change the oil and noticed all this old and new gear fluid. I hadn't noticed since I always back into my garage over the same spot. So I go back and its the rear tranny seal. The one he charged me extra for and never even returned the one I brought him. Gear oil everywhere underneath the car.

Now heres the kicker. After I go talk to him about theleak I get home and one of the mechanics bumped the bumper of my car. Nothing major but the trim popped over the plastic pieces on the early E30's and caused a stress hairline crack and small chip on the fender. So I call him and he tells me that I am trying to pull a scam and shit. Anyway words were excanged and such. And he hung up right before saying he'd rip my head off next time he saw me. Nice customer service. :rofl:

Anyway I got my Bentley manual recently and the getrag 260 tranny was the same on all 6 cyl. E30 from 84-91. So there would be absolutely no fitment issues....if it was the right tranny!!

So ya.....stay away. I'm just trying to help people not get screwed over. If you want to believe me or not thats fine. I'm just giving people a heads up.

Moe Man
06-16-2004, 12:02 AM
thanks bro

2000TL
06-16-2004, 08:49 AM
:werd:
Man I agree with you.. if you told me this a couple weeks ago I could have saved some money and time..

Well i talked to these guys to install my springs they said 100 bucks to install all four springs so i said ok thats fine thats a good deal, ill install my front two springs right now.. i bring my car in wait there.. To install my front springs it normally shouldn't take more than an hour and half. Well an hour goes by then two then three.

He comes out and says its $150 bucks i was like :eek: for just the two front springs.. i was like thats not the price u initially said. and then hes like ur lucky i didn't charge 180 fpr 3 hours. i was like WTF thats not my fault.. anyways the mechanic came out and said 120 and then i just gave it and left.

I could have got better and faster service somewhere else and I could have paid the price they quoted originally..

Dj_Stylz
06-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Wow thats crazy man.Thanks for the heads up