PDA

View Full Version : Pistons Win!!!

wildrice
06-16-2004, 11:24 AM
yea baby

i'm so glad that the lakers lost
and even more glad that Payton and Malone didn't get their chamionship rings.
I think it's absolutely retarded how players such as Payton and Malone are willing to take pay cuts just to win a championship.:thumbsup:

Melinda
06-16-2004, 11:42 AM
:clap::clap::clap:

nosegrindR
06-16-2004, 12:44 PM
well if you've been in the league for so long and money's no longer an issue, i think at the time they had a good justification for joining the lakers, which at the time they joined the lakers were a dynasty.

all i'm saying is that it's every nba players goal to win the championship, and it was human nature to join the strongest team.

payton was playing for milwaukee bucks....do you think he liked it when he got traded there? probably not, and hence another reason for him to leave and join another team asap, and since the lakers had an opening, why not go to LA?

accordboi_02
06-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by nosegrindR
well if you've been in the league for so long and money's no longer an issue, i think at the time they had a good justification for joining the lakers, which at the time they joined the lakers were a dynasty.

all i'm saying is that it's every nba players goal to win the championship, and it was human nature to join the strongest team.

payton was playing for milwaukee bucks....do you think he liked it when he got traded there? probably not, and hence another reason for him to leave and join another team asap, and since the lakers had an opening, why not go to LA?

Firstly, congrats again to the Pistons.

I could care less about Payton, all he did was harm the Lakers anyways with his problems with the triangle offence.

Malone is a stupid bitch who should have retired with his good buddy Stockton, but Malone is just too stupid to realize that he will NEVER, EVER win a NBA championship.

gkAeris
06-16-2004, 05:40 PM
what was the series at?

lam-boy
06-16-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by gkAeris
what was the series at?

4-1 Pistons.
should have been a sweep! Lucky ass lakers fluked out haha.

DOWN WITH MALONE!!!

hockeybronx
06-17-2004, 11:00 PM
Man we complain about the States having no idea about hockey. I didn't find out the NBA finals were over until Wednesday.

When the hell were the final games anyways?

That's why I don't bash some Americans who know nothing about hockey, because I know nothing about their sport.:dunno:

nosegrindR
06-18-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Man we complain about the States having no idea about hockey. I didn't find out the NBA finals were over until Wednesday.

When the hell were the final games anyways?

That's why I don't bash some Americans who know nothing about hockey, because I know nothing about their sport.:dunno:

speak for yourself, i was watching the nba playoffs since round 1.

Orbie
06-18-2004, 11:43 AM
Just thought you guys may like to know that the same guy who owns the Detroit Pistons (William Davidson) also owns the Tampa Bay Lightning...

I hate the Lakers but because of Hockey, I would want them to win more then the Pistons. If there's anyone out there who's really good at conspiracy theories, here's a good one for ya: Two Championships in one year in two different sports? I've heard officiating in the latter games of the NBA final was also a little flaky, much like a certain Stanley Cup final that occured this year...hmm....

habsfan
06-18-2004, 11:43 AM

its both our countries sports. it was invented by james naismith (a canadian) in an american university or college.

hockeybronx
06-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by nosegrindR

speak for yourself, i was watching the nba playoffs since round 1.

Exactly, just as a lot of Americans were watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs since game one of the Conference Quaterfinals.

nosegrindR
06-19-2004, 01:55 AM

Exactly, just as a lot of Americans were watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs since game one of the Conference Quaterfinals.

well since the nba playoffs BEGIN in the first round, I'd have to say what you're trying to prove is 100% irrevelant, but thanks for coming out eminem:rolleyes:

accordboi_02
06-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Jesus-Eminem was ignorant of the NBA playoffs, a lot of the Americans are ignorant of the NHL playoffs; I don't see how that can be used as an excuse for not watching them. Americans are bashed here in Canada because they don't watch hockey b/c the majority of them don't LIKE it. So I'll bash them for being morons and not liking a great sport, just like I'll bash Jesus-Eminem for being a moron and not noticing basketball on TSN and the Score almost EVERY night.

If you like the sport and want to watch it, then obviously you'll find out when it's on, and watch it. Obviously Jesus-Eminem isn't a B-Ball fan, and the majority of Americans aren't hockey fans, hence they won't watch it or even look for it.

hockeybronx
06-19-2004, 05:07 PM
Okay now that we've rambled on for 16 posts all saying the same things what have we accomplished?

If you read my first post I was more or less laughing at myself for not having a clue about what game the finals were even in. I'm big enough to admit that at times in the past I've generalized Americans for not knowing anything about hockey, finally I looked in the mirror and found out that they probably say the same thing about us (or at least me) in the States about basketball.

It's not a big deal, obviously if you took a group of 10 Canadians and 10 Americans chances are that the Canadians will know probably more about hockey, and the Americans will probably know more about basketball.

huss
06-28-2004, 01:56 PM
pistons suck