PDA

View Full Version : TV Tuner card

Impreza
06-16-2004, 12:15 PM
What TV tuner cards does everyone use? I want to buy one to record shows that I might miss while working, I work from 1-9 so I am missing a lot of shows!! I am looking at the ATI TV Tuner card, I heard the software is awesome, but the actual card isn't that great, I am too cheap to buy the Haupauge, anyone have opinions or suggestions?

Thanks

Shaolin
06-16-2004, 12:19 PM
I use the ATI All in Wonder PCI card.. i've had it for a little over 2 years now.. don't know if it's my monitors or it's the card, but my buddy runs a different TV tuner card (I think it's an Asus) and the quality on his surpasses mine. (but his is newer, so that might be why)

GTS Jeff
06-16-2004, 12:53 PM
find one with a remote and ull be set

Impreza
06-16-2004, 01:42 PM
is software encoding that big of a bitch? I heard that when you're recording a show, it takes up like 75% of ur CPU, whereas hardware takes up only 3-4%

Shaolin
06-16-2004, 01:46 PM
when I recorded my shows on the tv card it took very little CPU power, so i dont' know who told you about that..

Gonthro
06-16-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
when I recorded my shows on the tv card it took very little CPU power, so i dont' know who told you about that.. he's talking about SOFTWARE incoding, yea software incoding sucks, hardware takes virtually no cpu to do it, you probably wont even notice it with hardware capping.

Impreza
06-16-2004, 01:50 PM
hmm, alright thx, looks like i will be buy the ATI then!