PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Honda Odyssey

ramminghard
06-16-2004, 06:53 PM
I am looking for some info on the new odyssey. My mom is looking for a new van and liked the odyssey but heard that it is being redesigned in 2005. Anyone have any pics or info on the changes being made for 2005.

Thanks

Orbie
06-16-2004, 07:21 PM
Yep the 05 MY Odyssey is being completely redesigned. A good place for information is www.vtec.net. They have a bunch of insider information from Acura and Honda PR. Here is what they have written on their Model Release Matrix for the new Odyssey:

"FMC. V6 features Honda VCM (Variable Cylinder Management) System. VSA, available Moonroof, roll-down rear side windows, XM Radio, ACE body structure, power liftgate, 3-Zone climate control, standard side curtain airbags, split folding 3rd row seat, DVD-RES now available with NAVI"

Here's some more information I found on TOV:

"Year Description Transmission
2005 ODYSSEY 5DR LX 5AT
2005 ODYSSEY 5DR EX 5AT
2005 ODYSSEY 5DR EX-L 5AT
2005 ODYSSEY 5DR EX-LRES 5AT
2005 ODYSSEY 5DR EX-LR&N 5AT
2005 ODYSSEY 5DR TOURING 5AT
2005 ODYSSEY 5DR TOURR&N 5AT

Note: RES denotes Rear Entertainment System (DVD)
R&N denotes RES + Navi

Available Color Combos:
BE/IV - Desert Rock Metallic / Ivory
BK/BK - Nitehawk Black Pearl / Black
BL/BK - Ocean Mist Metallic / Black
BM/GR - Midnight Blue Pearl / Gray
BX/IV - Nitehawk Black Pearl / Ivory
GN/BK - Slate Green Metallic / Black
GX/OL - Slate Green Metallic / Olive
GY/IV - Sage Brush Pearl / Ivory
GZ/OL - Sage Brush Pearl / Olive
RE/IV - Redrock Pearl / Ivory
SI/BK - Silver Pearl Metallic / Black
SX/GR - Silver Pearl Metallic / Gray
WH/IV - Tafetta White / Ivory"

chevydude52
06-16-2004, 09:36 PM
The 2005 Honda Odyssey is going to come with Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) & rollover sensors for its side curtain airbags. The body of the new Odyssey would be front-end frame structure, which would help in reducing the concentrated force of impact and would make it even over a large area.

thats all ive ever found on it...if i find somethin else ill let ya know

ramminghard
06-16-2004, 10:24 PM
is there any pics released yet?

Stratus_Power
06-17-2004, 07:15 AM
they are out in HK right now and all over magz. I can honestly say it looks DAMN good!!

the interior really resemble, if not better than the Accord right now. Very sweet, look around some HK car magz sites, im sure you'll find some article.. its HOT.

looks like a giant accord! its hot

Xtrema
06-17-2004, 08:09 AM
Back it up. The only credible info is the spec list. No real pics of yet. The only pic released is the JDM Odessey which is smaller than our USDM Odessey (JDM LaGreat).

Now you can assume that USDM Odessey will resemble JDM Odessey in term of design but that's just speculation.

But consider Toyota's minivan leap frogged Odessey almost a year ago, Honda will probably come out fighting with the new 05 Oddy.

I think you can get a pretty good deal on 04 Oddy right now since it's model end and the competiton from Toyota and Nissan.

muse017
06-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Here is a picture of 2005 Honda Odyssey that i found.
Looks really cool~
Enjoy...

muse017
06-17-2004, 01:39 PM
I like it better then Nissan Quest or Toyota Siena.

and here is a URL for japanese Odyssey.

http://www.honda.co.jp/ODYSSEY/gallery/

CKY
06-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by muse017
Here is a picture of 2005 Honda Odyssey that i found.
Looks really cool~
Enjoy...

i don't think they're putting out this model to north america yet, i believe its 2006 for us :(

muse017
06-17-2004, 03:52 PM
I didn't mention that top picutre was taken in Japan.
I have a buddy work at Honda in calgary and he told me It'll be in North America pretty soon.
Right now Lease rate for 2004 Odyssey is wicked...
2.2%, because they want to clearout all the inventories so that they can sell new generation of Odyssey.

illeagle
06-17-2004, 06:36 PM
240HP, drivetrain designed for towing, and overtaking, so once you hit the gas pedal the power is there. For a van it's pretty low to the ground, easyer to get in and out of compaired to other vans. Another cool van is the 2004 Nissan quest. :thumbsup:

Lennon
06-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Are these the vans I see around town with body kits on them, I've only seen two around, but had no idea what the hell it was.

benyl
06-18-2004, 10:37 AM
http://www.autospies.com/images/uploads/medium/New-honda-odyessy.jpg

C4S
06-18-2004, 11:07 AM
I hope we can have something near the Japanese version ..

Odyssey here is totally diff ! design and made in NA ! ( still nice ! )

My mom drove an Odyssey in HK before ..when she saw the Odyssey.. just can't believe how big it is !

Drsuce
06-19-2004, 07:10 PM
and i thought the TL was oversized... thats like a bigger TL! yuck...

buy a tahoe or somthing with some real muscle :P