PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here interested in a BMW or European car Forum?

2m0a0x2
06-17-2004, 12:03 AM
Well, I would like to start a new forum, and I would like to gauge the interest people would have in having a BMW only or a European Car only forum, to kind of organize the scattered european cars in this province, yes, this is a REGIONAL forum, I have no intention of competing with the ones already set up in the US.

Tell me what you think.

turbo_equiped
06-17-2004, 12:12 AM
not a bad idea...but again there are lots of forum like these out there. old members from here might not want to sign up for another one, when they are already signed up at 3 others and barely go there.

hjr
06-17-2004, 01:27 AM
there is a "high class" euro club in calgary that you could join. i dont remeber the name, just that no vw's allowed. there was a big thread about it here.

A|pine
06-17-2004, 01:52 AM
yesmmm i am interested

ZorroAMG
06-17-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by hjr
there is a "high class" euro club in calgary that you could join. i dont remeber the name, just that no vw's allowed. there was a big thread about it here.

Haha and after all the bullshit and arguing there hasn't been any events or meets, I get some generic email back...high class, yeah not quite...

Gonthro
06-17-2004, 09:28 AM
when you get that specific it reallly limits your growth potential. car specific AND regional, and thne people have to find out baout you as well, as i said, it limits your growth potential...

2m0a0x2
06-17-2004, 11:37 AM
LOL i was gonna go up to every euro car i see and put a card or something on their windshield....

Yeah, it does limit our growth, but I would really like to have a place to discuss european cars, and have meets with european cars. Yeah, there is another club called euro something eurospeed or something, but they're a club, not a forum. And I love VW's so they would totally be let in on this euro forum.

jblitz101
06-17-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by 2m0a0x2
Well, I would like to start a new forum, and I would like to gauge the interest people would have in having a BMW only or a European Car only forum, to kind of organize the scattered european cars in this province, yes, this is a REGIONAL forum, I have no intention of competing with the ones already set up in the US.

Tell me what you think.

I'd be interested in being involved in those discussions.

I'm not into the Japanese modding thing anymore.

Count me in!

John

2m0a0x2
06-18-2004, 02:02 PM
so you guys are saying I should do it?

///M3
06-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Iv always wanted to start a bimmer forum for a little extra money, but for now DTM is the place to go, for bmw forums.

C4S
06-18-2004, 02:30 PM
It is a good idea .. but .. dont' know what to say .. we all know European cars are better then Janpan or Korean cars .. ( in general ) However Golf is a German (or call it mexican ) car, and Lada is a european car too .. and they are not nice, NSX, 350Z, STi etc .. they are Japanese car, and they are damn nice !

I love European cars ! they have more "spirit" .. but again, many nice Jap car too ! :D

Gonthro
06-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ///M3
Iv always wanted to start a bimmer forum for a little extra money, but for now DTM is the place to go, for bmw forums.

that is the worst reason to start a forum, anyone that actually makes money on a forum is a lucky person.

///M3
06-18-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro

that is the worst reason to start a forum, anyone that actually makes money on a forum is a lucky person.

Dude, i know ppl who work for 2 hours a day posting comments on thier forum as a living. Its called ADVERTISING, With some donations too.

2m0a0x2
06-18-2004, 11:26 PM
yeah......DTM got a lot from donations.....and I loved the site so much that even I donated.

But like I said, i have no intention of competing with DTM...I want a regional forum so we can organize more meets and group deals. One pet peave i have about US forums is group deals are don't always apply to us, and we can never get in on the exciting meets.

and C4S, it would include VW because I simply love VW's. Sure Lada is European, but how many people in Calgary have one and are enthusiastic enough about it to join a forum on it? btw. are you malcolm from gallery?

CalgaryB5
06-19-2004, 12:31 AM
Sure it's a good one:clap:

euro_racer
06-19-2004, 12:49 AM
man you should do this for sure, there are soo many ppl that i know who would be interested, including me (mk3 jetta), my buddies including two mk3 golfs, two audi 90's, 99 m3, another mk3 jetta, and a mk2 gti. we all would love a site like this with meets:thumbsup:

rice_eater
06-19-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by 2m0a0x2

Tell me what you think.

it's already been done dude...check it out...

www.toomanycarforums.com

2m0a0x2
06-19-2004, 01:49 AM
yeah okay, im not even going to click that. duh.

sure there are too many car forums, but list one that's a local euro one.

not that I don't have respect for japanese cars, I just want one where we can discuss european stuff, instead of going through half the posts which contain japenese and domestic questions with no one with much specialty in terms of knowledge on our cars.