PDA

View Full Version : New TL

joegrang
06-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Hey I'm interested in getting rid of my current 92 NA 300zx for the new TL, anyone had one to know any weaknesses, the sales person told me that it's pretty much the same stuff from the old tls just new skin. Anyone know where the 6 sp tranny came from? Oh and anyone interested in my 300 pls pm me for pics I'm looking for about 10K- 11K for it Its a california car with 180K kms on it spend about 7K fixing it up and have reciepts to show for it totally stock... only thing is that AC does not work on it.. not sure if it needs recharge or what

bigboom
06-17-2004, 05:53 PM
i like the car, but its a tank...its huge and handles big. but its got good power and is good value. nice interior too.

Impreza
06-17-2004, 06:02 PM
It is the best value car period. Looking at the right now, the interior is gorgeous. So many features! You get brembo brakes too with the dynamic package, base is about 44k off the lot

joegrang
06-18-2004, 09:41 AM
isn't the new tl smaller than the old one? when u say it's a tank do u mean its a solid construction or does it move like a boat? Has anyone actually test driven this thing... maybe some specs would be nice like skidpad, torque, hp etc thanx

rc2002
06-18-2004, 09:49 AM
The new TL is shorter than the old one. I'm not sure about the weight or height though.

bighead2267
06-18-2004, 09:58 AM
as u said the tranny is from the old one. is that mean it will be still weak??

joegrang
06-18-2004, 11:39 AM
yea like stuff like that I don't know but I'm looking at getting the 6 spd.. so wanted to find out where that tranny comes from

benyl
06-18-2004, 11:41 AM
6-speed is probably the same as the CL-S and the V6 Accord coupe. I think that those were derived from the NSX... but I could be totally wrong.

90240br
06-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Id say for the money get the G35, rear wheel drive. Everyone talks about how the TL's power cant be put to "good" use becuase it is a fwd. o yea, u can keep the nissan tradition going as well.

Weapon_R
06-18-2004, 02:35 PM
The TL and the G35 are both incredible cars. For myself, I think the TL looks better, but I can't seem to get over the fact that Honda hasn't figured out that RWD luxury vehicles are what consumers want.

For the price, however, nothing else comes close. So much power, looks, and quality are put into that vehicle - and for a little over 40k, it's a bargain.

C4S
06-18-2004, 02:39 PM
:confused: Really interesting .. I talked to many friends, people from Vancouver .. and now they all want AWD / 4WD or even FWD becuase they want a "better" snow driving car ..

and Now .. in Calgary/Edmonton .. people want RWD !

funny !

Seanith
06-18-2004, 02:52 PM
My Dad has a new TL, and that car is amazing. Its really quick ( at least compared to what i'm used to) and its very luxurious. I wish he got the dynamic package though :( .

finboy
06-18-2004, 02:57 PM
the new TL is a great car. i've been in bot the TL and G35, i would deffinatly opt for the TL. the G35 just seemed way too overhyped for what it was.

Weapon_R
06-18-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by C4S
:confused: Really interesting .. I talked to many friends, people from Vancouver .. and now they all want AWD / 4WD or even FWD becuase they want a "better" snow driving car ..

funny !

Most luxury cars come with some form of traction control anyways. A good set of snowtires, and you are set. You'll never see BMW or Mercedes equip their vehicles FWD and thats because RWD offers a better platform to work with. RWD is the reason that Lexus has been able to compete, and usually outperform, the German counterparts. All luxury vehicles usually come RWD or AWD, but only Acura has been stubborn.

joegrang
06-18-2004, 08:39 PM
yea I would love to stay rwd but I'm just realizing that I no longer really need a rwd fast sports car... the tl seems to be a reasonable step up I was considering the G35 coupe but it just seems to have trouble holding it's value in terms of ride quality for the tl, how does the ride feel is there a lot of body roll or is it pretty stiff...

rice_eater
06-25-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by C4S

funny !

yeah but the views on the forum dont necessarily reflect the view of the people who can actually afford luxury sedans...hell most of the people on this forum aren't gonna be buying anything close to luxury any time soon :dunno: