PDA

View Full Version : Nice guys clothes?

liquid1010
06-17-2004, 11:24 PM
Whats a good shop in Calgary for nice guys clothes. I used to go to henry singer... but they're expensive, and the selection isn't any good. I know the usual places in market and chinook.... but any other nice stores for cool clothes that's not all diesel? :dunno:

turbo_equiped
06-17-2004, 11:28 PM
it depends on what kinda clothes you wear.
baggy you know what i mean. or like formal or casual. well they got good selection at underground for casual jeans and styles like that same at latitude and hot gossip..!

fcuk_it
06-17-2004, 11:30 PM
thers a place called henry's on 17th ave sw and 4th st and its the son of henry singer.. has lots of sporty casual clothes...

Redlyne_mr2
06-17-2004, 11:38 PM
Zara's has some cool stuff if thats your style

That.Guy.S30
06-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by fcuk_it
thers a place called henry's on 17th ave sw and 4th st and its the son of henry singer.. has lots of sporty casual clothes...

fcuker thats my picture!!!

its henry on 4th st and 22nd ave. they have an awsome left handed glass foolz-ball table there.. ahha

wildrice
06-18-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by turbo_equiped
it depends on what kinda clothes you wear.
baggy you know what i mean. or like formal or casual. well they got good selection at underground for casual jeans and styles like that same at latitude and hot gossip..!

:werd:

fcuk_it
06-18-2004, 01:24 PM
hah no dude its MY picture... haha you sent me a bigger one....
theres also uzu but they sell the higher end casual clothing.. its on 17th between 6th and 7th st

ZorroAMG
06-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Uzu is in Mount Royal Village between 7th and 8th, dude...

Seeing as you shop at Henry Singer, that defines your style, similar style but cheaper would be some of the stuff at Zara, Leo, Henry's odd dressier pieces and maybe Moda, way down south. The other stores mentioned here are good, but usually at the more casual level and not quite in the middle or dressy. I'd say start with Zara in Chinook, really cheap and cool style...

fcuk_it
06-18-2004, 05:37 PM
haha oops my bad... i think moda closed down... thers always brooklyn in kensington too

GTS Jeff
06-18-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Zara in Chinook, really cheap and cool style... :werd: cheap and well-made knockoffs of the expensive stuff

calgary is lucky that it got zara so long ago. i think one is opening up in edmonton in a few months.

liquid1010
06-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Zara? where is that.... never even heard of it before.

That.Guy.S30
06-18-2004, 10:53 PM
zara is in chinook mall. near hmv. i think uzu is also closed or either has a new owner.

ZorroAMG
06-19-2004, 12:59 AM
Uzu =t3h 0v3rpric3d sux0rz

bigboom
06-20-2004, 12:18 AM
lately my favorite place has been holt...

ZorroAMG
06-20-2004, 12:38 AM
Henry Singer has better sales staff and the same stock than holt...

Kobe
06-20-2004, 12:41 AM
Winners :) Not kidding u can find a good deal

haha

Underground, Latitude, Mexx, ebay (cheapest)

For skater clothes ummm

Skaters, Mission, source, freewheelin

Hakkola
06-20-2004, 01:11 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Krayzie
06-20-2004, 01:29 AM
thats really cool that you work at 1850
anyway beyond members would be getting discounts? :D :D

That.Guy.S30
06-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
lately my favorite place has been holt...

haha that place is a joke. bad customer service is what turned me away from that place. imo singers is 100 times better than holt.

CKY
06-20-2004, 06:16 PM
RW co. (something like that) in chinook sells decent cloths, for alot cheaper price too

pinoyhero
06-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Brooklyn in Kensington.
I will never again go to Henry after the bastard that was helping me out tried to make conversation by throwing on an oriental accent while commenting on the bubble teas me and my girl were drinking.

That.Guy.S30
06-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
Brooklyn in Kensington.
I will never again go to Henry after the bastard that was helping me out tried to make conversation by throwing on an oriental accent while commenting on the bubble teas me and my girl were drinking.

let me guess white guy? tall? beach blonde hair? looks like a fag? haah if its him i almost beat him up.. he almost got beat up by a member of the calgary flames at henry singer for harrassing the players wife.. really funny.

danno567
06-20-2004, 08:42 PM
brooklyn in kens. its good, the people are great, and they have john fluevog shoes, the best shoes out there.

Skylinelover
06-20-2004, 09:21 PM
AE? :dunno:

bigboom
06-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

haha that place is a joke. bad customer service is what turned me away from that place. imo singers is 100 times better than holt.

i dunno i get great customer service there...thats why i like holt. also they have lacoste at holt :)

fcuk_it
06-21-2004, 12:47 AM
yeah brooklyn is my favorate place to shop.. the owner brad calls me when they have new stuff my size...
i hated that brown "trendy" guy at uzu... he tried to sell me these robero cavalli jeans w/ flowers on them.. and he had the nerve to say "i know you have the money, just buy them"
told that guy to fuck off and never went there again...

That.Guy.S30
06-21-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by bigboom

i dunno i get great customer service there...thats why i like holt. also they have lacoste at holt :)

hmm thats great if you do get good service. i know many members here on beyond get treated like crap for goin in there.. o well

CKY
06-21-2004, 01:12 AM
i think customer services at those stores are really dependant on the salesperson, and i do not doubt that some of them are prejudice or racially discriminating depends on what you wear, OR they are just flat out asses

Hakkola
06-21-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Krayzie
thats really cool that you work at 1850
anyway beyond members would be getting discounts? :D :D

I would if we could, we don't give out discounts anymore unless you have those 15% student coupons from the spc book.

ZorroAMG
06-21-2004, 09:42 AM
The absloute worst is Harry Rosen...two extremes: If I walk in wearing jeans and a hat, I get NO help, no one even looks at me...if I walk in wearing my daily work attire (suit & tie) they are like a bunch of fucking vultures trying to sell me everything but the light fixtures in the store. I'd say that pisses me off WAY more than being ignored, because then at least I can shop in peace. When you know fashion and have a sense of style and guys still wearing double breasted 90's suits try to help you, it's like a blind person teaching you how to read...Harry Rosen gets two thumbs down!

bigboom
06-21-2004, 10:34 AM
The absloute worst is Harry Rosen...two extremes: If I walk in wearing jeans and a hat, I get NO help, no one even looks at me...if I walk in wearing my daily work attire (suit & tie) they are like a bunch of fucking vultures trying to sell me everything but the light fixtures in the store. I'd say that pisses me off WAY more than being ignored, because then at least I can shop in peace. When you know fashion and have a sense of style and guys still wearing double breasted 90's suits try to help you, it's like a blind person teaching you how to read...Harry Rosen gets two thumbs down!

thats how i feel about harry rosen as well, thats why i rarely buy things from there. holt on the other hand i can go in there wearing anything and ill get good service, same with singer.

Gondi Stylez
06-21-2004, 01:29 PM

wow... that hasnt happened to me! i usually always buy my higo boss suits from there and get very good service!!

but honestly the best service for suits ive had was at graffton and co!! fuckin awsome staff! well the guy that always helps me!

[GaGe]
06-21-2004, 03:02 PM
i usually go to holt.. i like the D&G stuff there