PDA

View Full Version : Girl with no Plate

Spare-Flair
06-18-2004, 05:57 AM
I mean, how do you even let this happen? Either she's a total ditz or somebody stole her liscense plate.

I spotted this Lexus in the Market Mall Parking Lot and I trailed it to when she turned into the University and snapped a pic. Obviously, I took this a few months ago, but I just came across it on my harddrive and thought it was funny.

sputnik
06-18-2004, 07:16 AM
If the car was recently purchased she might have a temporary permit on her windsheild.

benyl
06-18-2004, 07:35 AM
Haha, maybe you are the ditz. :rolleyes: She could be up from any number of US states where the inmates can't keep up with the demand of new car buyers. In California, you can wait up to 6 months for you plate to arrive. :eek:

Lennon
06-18-2004, 07:45 AM
Sputniks right, look at the tup right side of the windshield.

toyboy88
06-18-2004, 08:52 AM
hahaha...U THE DITZ!!!! lol jk whatever

Lo)2enz0
06-18-2004, 09:18 AM
some girl that went to churchill got a is300 for her birthday. wouldn't be suprised if thats her.

laurier

eb0i
06-18-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Haha, maybe you are the ditz. :rolleyes: She could be up from any number of US states where the inmates can't keep up with the demand of new car buyers. In California, you can wait up to 6 months for you plate to arrive. :eek:

only if its a new car that you are buying. otherwise when you buy a used car the plate comes with it as well.

roopi
06-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by eb0i

otherwise when you buy a used car the plate comes with it as well.

Used cars don't come with plates.

Gonthro
06-18-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by eb0i

only if its a new car that you are buying. otherwise when you buy a used car the plate comes with it as well.

Originally posted by roopi

Used cars don't come with plates.

:werd:

plates are NON TRANSFERRABLE... they belong to whoevers name is on the registration.

cman
06-18-2004, 12:05 PM
In Europe, the plate stays with the car not the person.

mrbojangles
06-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro

:werd:

plates are NON TRANSFERRABLE... they belong to whoevers name is on the registration.

I think he was replying to the part about in California where on used vehicles the plates stay with the vehicle unless you want a new plate. At least that what it was years ago...:D

Altezza
06-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
some girl that went to churchill got a is300 for her birthday. wouldn't be suprised if thats her.

laurier

:eek: Talk about lucky... I had to slave for mine

Zephyr
06-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by benyl

actually a lil over 2 months...

Originally posted by mrbojangles

I think he was replying to the part about in California where on used vehicles the plates stay with the vehicle unless you want a new plate. At least that what it was years ago...:D

nope...all plates r changed when a new car is bought

C4S
06-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Spare-Flair
Girl with no Plate

I don't really care for girl without plate .. but if this topic is

Girl with no cloth etc .. will be more interesting ! :D

rmk
06-18-2004, 03:13 PM
We need driver pics ASAP! :bigpimp: :clap: :whipped: :whipped: :whipped: :whipped: :whipped: :whipped:

mrbojangles
06-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
nope...all plates r changed when a new car is bought [/B]

I stand corrected. Thanks for enlightening me to the 'present' :thumbsup:

rage2
06-18-2004, 03:29 PM
I drove around in Kenny's car for a night with no plates. Apparantly, one rusted screw isn't good enough to hold a plate on. :rolleyes:

I had to drive around and retrace my steps to find where the damn thing fell off! haha

XylathaneGTR
06-18-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I drove around in Kenny's car for a night with no plates. Apparantly, one rusted screw isn't good enough to hold a plate on. :rolleyes:

I had to drive around and retrace my steps to find where the damn thing fell off! haha

Sounds like fun..

When i was in california a few months ago, i saw easily a lot of newer looking cars without plates.

Redlyne_mr2
06-18-2004, 04:29 PM
I was took my plate off the mr2 before I put it into storage, I was at the gas station and some guy started freaking out because I didnt have a plate on it. Told me I should call a tow truck to get the car towed home:rofl: No plate isnt a big deal, its the no insurance that that is bad

mx73someday
06-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
No plate isnt a big deal, its the no insurance that that is bad

You can drive drunk ($600, first offence), you can get into an accident (sometimes no fines), just don't caught without insurance ($3000!!!!).

Skylinelover
06-19-2004, 09:10 AM
I saw a mustang driving around with no plates and it wasn't knew :dunno:

schmooot
06-19-2004, 03:31 PM
Looks like the bus in her windshield to me.:dunno:

Anywasy she could have been test driving and the dealer plate fell off. Lots of things could have happened. But if she has a permit I am pretty sure you have to put the permit on the back and front window unless shes a real dumb broad

CKY
06-19-2004, 10:17 PM

laurier

doubt it, i go to churchill and i see this is300 parked at northland everyday, i think its somebody that works at northland (futureshop perhaps)

WGR4Pussies
06-20-2004, 01:34 AM
you just need to have the permit in the car, man, the world is full of morons.

syeve
06-21-2004, 10:35 AM

laurier

it wasnt her
:thumbsup:

BloodBaneZXY
06-21-2004, 08:12 PM
Uhhh...I don't know of any other IS300's at churchill aside from my friend's Silver one..

A_3
06-22-2004, 01:20 PM
There was an IS300 up as a hole in one prize at work, i drove it all around cochrane with no plate on... same way they got it from the dealership to the course i believe because there wasn't a plate on when it arrived, i assume it's kind of a grey zone thing even though dealers are supposed to have plates?

hjr
06-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I was took my plate off the mr2 before I put it into storage, I was at the gas station and some guy started freaking out because I didnt have a plate on it. Told me I should call a tow truck to get the car towed home:rofl: No plate isnt a big deal, its the no insurance that that is bad no dude, thats wrong, you get towed if you dont have a plate/registration. Granted if you have registration, its not that big a deal, but then why wouldnt you have a plate. Assuming you are not in the 14 day grace period after purchasing a car. There is no grace period other than a recently purchased car. My dad had his vette in storage for many years, then finally got it restored and we took it for a drive (for got to put a plate on) and got pulled over. The car had insurance, but no registration. We got off with a $230, rather than a much bigger ticket, an impounded car w/ all the scammer fee's attached. The only reason the cop didnt tow us was because it was a 62 corvette. He said any normal car and we would be calling a taxi.

E36M3
06-22-2004, 05:05 PM
The new plates take about two months, less if they are personalized (special interest plates).

As for used cars, the plates are usually transferred in California (I've bought/sold lots of cars). It is really rare to apply for a new one unless it is a special interest plate, which stays with the owner rather than the car, which is why you have to complete a Notice of Release of Liability.

Originally posted by Zephyr

actually a lil over 2 months...

nope...all plates r changed when a new car is bought