PDA

View Full Version : 4 Way Stops

max_boost
10-24-2002, 06:53 PM
Some people just don't know how to work 4 way stops and today it really pissed me off!

I'm at SAIT, my turn to go straight, so I am going straight, half way into the intersection, the car to my right of the 4 way decides to turn left! I mean, WTF! Its my turn, I am half way into the intersection and this guy just decides to go! He almost T-Bones my front end, and on top of that, he freaks out as if it was my fault! OH MY GOD, SOME PEOPLE SHOULD GO TO HELL:rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes:

92 Teg-B18A
10-24-2002, 07:03 PM
true, some people just don't know how to drive:banghead:

RickDaTuner
10-24-2002, 07:05 PM
i think some people should just read the damn book again

and here i am of a Three months suspension whiles there numnuts like that out there

T5_X
10-24-2002, 07:27 PM
yah, 4 way stops can be a death trap when you get a reckless driver in them that doesn't know how to drive.

The worst are traffic circles in edmonton. You get a ton of people who just suck at them (can't think fast enough or get too nervous or something) It's a shame b/c traffic circles work really well at keeping traffic flowing.

lilboykorea
10-24-2002, 07:51 PM
maybe he was distracted at ur rieger kit?!:nut:

three.eighteen.
10-24-2002, 07:52 PM
problem is in edmonton i dunno where the hell im going so i never now where to turn in the traffic circle!! i hate this citiy's planning! roads just end and change names whenever!!! arrhg!:banghead:

Stratus_Power
10-24-2002, 08:02 PM
haha those ppl are everywhere.. just like in South center.. no one ever obeys that.. its all stop sign to them.. after you stop.. if no one else move you go..

aboveandbeyond
10-24-2002, 08:08 PM
4 way stop means 3 other people are going to stop so you can just go right through...lol:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

T5_X
10-24-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
problem is in edmonton i dunno where the hell im going so i never now where to turn in the traffic circle!! i hate this citiy's planning! roads just end and change names whenever!!! arrhg!:banghead:

I don't get ppl who can't get around in edmonton. The only city I've ever been in that was easier to get around in was pheonix, AZ. Edmonton streets are all numbered and everything is logical and grid-like. Personally, next to Vancouver, I think Calgary is the worst city to get around in. Nothing makes sense and intersections in it are gay and they always do tons of construction at once and never ever seem to finish it. Oh, and lets not forget the stupid communities where everything starts with the same root. Hawkway, hawhill, hawkdrive, hawkgay etc :banghead: Whoever thought of naming streets like that deserves a flying kick to the teeth

infamous
10-24-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by aboveandbeyond
4 way stop means 3 other people are going to stop so you can just go right through...lol:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

honestly, he believes this so he blows stop signs all the time....:thumbsdow

ps. hahahaha i agree....from what i hear there are only 2 traffic circles in calgary, both in mckenzie towne....you wanna talk about people not being able to drive?? i have seen several people going around the traffic circle THE WRONG WAY! not just doing it wrong, but driving so that they have people coming head on and almost causing like 6 accidents....argh people like that piss me off....

HRD2PLZ
10-24-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
yah, 4 way stops can be a death trap when you get a reckless driver in them that doesn't know how to drive.

The worst are traffic circles in edmonton. You get a ton of people who just suck at them (can't think fast enough or get too nervous or something) It's a shame b/c traffic circles work really well at keeping traffic flowing.

I'd say. In England pretty much all they have are traffic circles and IMO they are so much better, traffic is almost constantly in motion. Much better than piling up at a light, only to find it'll take a few cycles for you to make it through.

The traffic circle in McKenzie town has a sign showing you "how to use it" but yet, people still manage to screw up and cut everbody off :banghead:

szw
10-24-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by aboveandbeyond

My friend was driving with me and few guys in the car, he tells this to us and everyone laughs, then the next 4way stop (like 1 minute later) he blows right by it! 2 feet away from hitting another car! we all freaked out and he said okay okay and he turned around and headed down the street the wrong way.

Anyways I don't know if he didn't know how to drive or what, but he didn't drive anywhere else that night!

max_boost
10-24-2002, 09:06 PM
Traffic cirlces are the best......traffic is constantly circulating......but like you guys have said, not everyone knows how to use it! It is still a relatively new concept to people in Calgary

Mckenzie Towne Rocks! My favorite part of Calgary....don't know why......:confused:

HRD2PLZ
10-24-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Mckenzie Towne Rocks! My favorite part of Calgary....don't know why......:confused:

Mine too. I like the architectural design of the area. If I stay here thats most likely where I'll buy my house.

van
10-24-2002, 09:58 PM
I never been in a traffic circle before, don't really know what or how they operate either :dunno:

DSM Power
10-24-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
Personally, next to Vancouver, I think Calgary is the worst city to get around in. Nothing makes sense and intersections in it are gay and they always do tons of construction at once and never ever seem to finish it.
Spoken like a true tourist... :rolleyes: :poosie:

BTW, McKenzie Towne does rock indeed. :thumbsup:

finboy
10-24-2002, 11:38 PM
traffic is teh gay ish.

people are stupid, i find it works a lot better if you laugh at them and piss them off even more.

the worst are soccer mom's in their suv's that dwarf my car, and they drive like sh*t. :banghead:

T5_X
10-25-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by DSM Power

Spoken like a true tourist... :rolleyes: :poosie:

Hahaha, true. I grew up in Edmonton, so sometimes driving in Calgary makes my head spin :nut: Though I still don't understand why you guys think so highly of your road system. I've pissed more coherent road planning in the snow :D

Ben
10-25-2002, 12:40 AM
McKenzie town is a Hole...McKenzie Lake is where the party is at! AHAHAHAAH

I love the south out here...McKenzie Towne has a good Barber Shop too...

http://members.shaw.ca/psylence/Cars/VW%20Jetta%20GLI/100-0055_IMG.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/psylence/Cars/VW%20Jetta%20GLI/101-0103_IMG.jpg

HRD2PLZ
10-25-2002, 08:15 AM
The Island is :bigpimp: But seeing as I can't afford property there I'll have to start out in McKenzie Towne first ;)

redec
10-25-2002, 08:36 AM
bah...mackenzie town...the roads are WAY too narrow....and your'e not allowed to have an attached garage.....mackenzie town sucks :P....douglasdale estates is where it's at :P

Ferio_vti
10-25-2002, 09:10 AM
Some people just don't know how to work 4 way stops and today it really pissed me off!

I'm at SAIT, my turn to go straight, so I am going straight, half way into the intersection, the car to my right of the 4 way decides to turn left! I mean, WTF! Its my turn, I am half way into the intersection and this guy just decides to go! He almost T-Bones my front end, and on top of that, he freaks out as if it was my fault! OH MY GOD, SOME PEOPLE SHOULD GO TO HELL:rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes:

Were you at that 4 way by the trainstation and the new Automotive building?? That one that used be that stupid 3 way?? It was even worse as a 3 way, cuz people that never been at Sait assumed it was a 4 way.

RiceCake
10-26-2002, 09:22 AM
I guess some of the students at SAIT are still used to the 4-way there still being a 3 way stop... Up until last year that intersection was still a 3 way.

I usually make sure people are trying to stop before i pass through there.:)

max_boost
10-26-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
The Island is :bigpimp: But seeing as I can't afford property there I'll have to start out in McKenzie Towne first ;)

Oh dude, I don't even know how to get into the Island, do you need a card or PIN number to get t hrough the gates?

:rofl:

The island is definitely one of the most beautiful spots in Mackenzie Lake........wow:hitit: :love:

Maybe one day when I can afford a $500K house

max_boost
10-26-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

Were you at that 4 way by the trainstation and the new Automotive building?? That one that used be that stupid 3 way?? It was even worse as a 3 way, cuz people that never been at Sait assumed it was a 4 way.

Indeed that is the 4way stop.....ok.....this is my first year at SAIT.......it looks much better than what others have told me wtih all their new renovations etc.... and also......3 way stop? man.....so you were you able to turn from the automotive building before? I guess I could see how that screws people up

HRD2PLZ
10-26-2002, 11:09 AM

Maybe one day when I can afford a $500K house

umm, last time I checked it was quite a bit higher than that :D

infamous
10-26-2002, 11:10 AM
yeah...the last i heard the minimum was 1.5 mil....but i don't know for sure...i know it's a hell of a lot more than 500k....

Ben
10-26-2002, 11:26 AM
Starting lot values on on the island are 490k, the houses are a minumum 600K to keep with the image. The developer limits the minimum size of the homes so that someone doesn't buy a lot and build a shanty. Most of the detatched single family dwellings start at about 1.3M.

max_boost
10-26-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

umm, last time I checked it was quite a bit higher than that :D

Oh man, it was just a wild guess!!:rofl:

boi-alien
10-26-2002, 12:32 PM

Oh man, it was just a wild guess!!:rofl:

not wild enough!! :D

Strider
10-26-2002, 01:35 PM
the worst stops are the 2 way stops at chinook... everybody thinks they're 3 ways:banghead:

Prezzy
10-26-2002, 02:32 PM
The worst is when people dont know ehn there turn is and you sit there and then they go when you do at that point i just slam on the gas.

RiCE-DaDDy
10-26-2002, 02:53 PM
u guys havent seen a real traffic circle until youve been to paris and its circle on champ elysees, ppl call it the best, most beautiful avenue in the world. no signs no lanes, and from what i say there seems to be about 5-6 lanes crazy