PDA

View Full Version : Your Big Break

max_boost
06-18-2004, 10:50 PM
Often you hear people talk about their big breaks in life, that defining moment, perhaps an event, getting that promotion, meeting that right person, being in the right place at the right time. My question to you guys is, in your life, what has been your big break so far? It could be positive, could be negative, let's try to keep it positive though.

///M3
06-19-2004, 12:00 AM
One of my big breaks would have to be actually graduating high school, and starting my career.

euro_racer
06-19-2004, 12:57 AM
hahah this sounds funny but, moving to canada:thumbsup:

rice_eater
06-19-2004, 01:06 AM
moving up from dead end grocery store jobs to an office

finboy
06-19-2004, 01:15 AM
getting into post secondary

CKY
06-19-2004, 01:44 AM
working 2 jobs

illeagle
06-19-2004, 01:47 AM
learing about cars and how they work, how to fix them, and troubleshooting. My second "break" is comming up soon....:clap:

Redlyne_mr2
06-19-2004, 01:56 AM
Calling a stranger who heads up a zone office for a huge corporation out of the blue then sitting through an hour long interview and getting my first true corporate job in a world class city. Then that same night connecting and starting a relationship with the love of my life:)

cman
06-19-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Calling a stranger who heads up a zone office for a huge corporation out of the blue then sitting through an hour long interview and getting my first true corporate job in a world class city. Then that same night connecting and starting a relationship with the love of my life:)

lucky bastard, if only that happened to everyone

max_boost
06-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Cool guys!

My big break has to be my family biz, the first few years were tough but everything has worked out great since.

Redlyne_mr2
06-19-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Cool guys!

My big break has to be my family biz, the first few years were tough but everything has worked out great since.
What did your family biz get started? Always the same location?

Ben
06-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Never had one.

Moonracer
06-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Can't say I've had a big break but definately some defining moments in the past few years. Such as, after getting a devorce about five years ago. Regaining my excellent credit rating back, meeting the best woman I could ask for and finally getting approved for a brand new condo which we both now live in of course! Now I'm just waiting for my BIG break, although some may consider the above things a big break. :dunno:

PGTze
06-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Never had one.

:werd: Same here, still waiting for it...

max_boost
06-19-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

What did your family biz get started? Always the same location?

Yah we took over from someone who lasted only 8 months, 9 years later and we are still here. :eek:

ZorroAMG
06-20-2004, 12:49 AM
Defining moments, yes, a few good ones, big break...not yet, but soon...very soon...

lam-boy
06-20-2004, 02:02 AM
Cool guys!

:werd: well i don't really see it as a "Big" break. but its big enough to keep my family happy..my mom's store is what keeps the income for our family..my dads income just pays the bills haha.
im just glad we have something to fall back on..as my friends..none of their parents have own businesses or anything so i think im luckier than most..and im glad to have everything i do.

SpoonEK9@STRD
06-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

:werd: well i don't really see it as a "Big" break. but its big enough to keep my family happy..my mom's store is what keeps the income for our family..my dads income just pays the bills haha.
im just glad we have something to fall back on..as my friends..none of their parents have own businesses or anything so i think im luckier than most..and im glad to have everything i do.

I can say the exact same thing, but i wouldnt consider my self luckier than most of my friends.

JAYMEZ
06-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Still waiting for a big break....

Chim
06-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

Same

At least you have an STi to get u there faster :D

buh_buh
06-20-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
uh... you "inherited" a STi and a M3. If getting over $100k isn't a big break, then I think the only people that have are the ones who have won the lotto.

Shaolin
06-20-2004, 07:09 PM
the day I'm in the finance department of an international corporation helping out as a Jr. Financial Analyst or member of the M&A team, then I can say I'll get my big break.

max_boost
06-20-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

uh... you "inherited" a STi and a M3. If getting over $100k isn't a big break, then I think the only people that have are the ones who have won the lotto. LOL NO shit......:rofl:

I'd turn around, sell both cars and buy a Civic and invest the other $80K!!:angel: Caues that $80K will grow like crazy:D :hitit:

Dogg
06-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Passing my CGA exams.

Shaolin
06-20-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Dogg
Passing my CGA exams.

I'm with you on that one.. doing my CMA entrance exam next year.

Melinda
06-21-2004, 02:45 PM
My big break would have to be figuring out what I really want to do with my life after going through many different confusing and daunting options. Not only figuring out what I want to do, but having found someone that understands me and supports me enough to help me pursue all my dreams and make me the incredibly happy person I am today :)

MintRacer
06-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Never really had a huge big break BUT....
Getting out of Jail is damn near top of the list. Never going back is a plus too.

sputnik
06-21-2004, 03:03 PM
My big break was not burning my bridges...

Started working as an ISP phone support monkey in Winnipeg for $8/hr about 7 years ago. Lots of people quit looking for more money and burned their bridges in the process, but I ended up working for or with the owner of that company for the next 5 years (with his consulting firm) and he basically handed me the job I have now on a silver platter.

Dirty_SOHC
06-21-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by MintRacer
Never really had a huge big break BUT....
Getting out of Jail is damn near top of the list. Never going back is a plus too.

I hear you, my big break would be my chance to change my life when I was in trbl, and then have my family support me thru college after everything I have done.

Another big break is also I was lucky to find myself a great girl

SinisterProbeGt
06-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Never had one.

It's coming have faith brother.

Fluidic
06-21-2004, 06:42 PM
Every waking moment is my big-break. I enjoy life to it's fullest each and every day -- making impressions on friends and on co-workers.

Life is good my friends. Life is good. I guess you could say life is my big break. :D

Chester
06-21-2004, 07:25 PM
LOL NO shit......:rofl:

I'd turn around, sell both cars and buy a Civic and invest the other $80K!!:angel: Caues that $80K will grow like crazy:D :hitit:

:werd:

No big break yet. My parents have a business and they work, I'm not to sure how thats going for them since they never really say anything to me but I guess it must be goin good.

kiwi
06-21-2004, 07:37 PM
Mine was starting a relationship with a guy whom I've known for half of my life, but never would have thought that things would turn out the way they did ;)

Lennon
06-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Whats this "big break" everyone is talking about?

FoRn420
06-21-2004, 10:29 PM
wish i had a "big break" by now :thumbsdow