PDA

View Full Version : Getting off a C-Train no pass ticket

white_dsm
06-19-2004, 01:40 AM
Friday 2:00pm, the train was coming or I pay for the ticket and miss that train...needless to say I chose the former and got dinged with a $150 court summons ticket...

Any tips on shaking the ticket, can I treat it like a traffic and talk to the crown? Court date is for July 30th, can I go negotiate it earlier?

I told the bitch I was a U of L student and I thought the pass was included in my tuition...she wasn't open to negotiation...must have been near quota time:zzz: :thumbsdow

Thanks, Mike

cman
06-19-2004, 01:50 AM
ouch, couple of my friends have got those as well.
i hate it when you get to the station and realize you only have bills and the train is coming, thats happened a couple of times to me but i havnt been busted yet luckily.

car
06-19-2004, 02:24 AM
get a bus pass?

sexualbanana
06-19-2004, 02:56 AM
It's happened a few times to me where I get on the train thinking my U-pass covers it until I realize I forgot to renew it. Fortunately for me I haven't gotten caught yet.

davidI
06-19-2004, 05:51 AM
One of my buddies actually got handcuffed by the transit bitch because he left his wallet at home and his name wasn't showing up in the computer as being real or something.

Dj_Stylz
06-19-2004, 08:27 AM
Damn

Skylinelover
06-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Damn that sucks.

method
06-19-2004, 10:13 AM
my friends had it happen.. they went to court and got it thrown out.

GTS Jeff
06-19-2004, 10:14 AM
unless u have a good excuse, ure fucked. i got one of those tix and the best i could do was get the fine cut in half. next time im gonna run.

white_dsm
06-19-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
unless u have a good excuse, ure fucked. i got one of those tix and the best i could do was get the fine cut in half. next time im gonna run.

Ok, so I can reduce it then...HOW?

I was debating running, but I wear a suit to work everyday and its not worth ruining it for a $150...

Dope Dealer
06-19-2004, 12:39 PM
I've seen people just jump the tracks when the transit officers are at the door...

2.2vtec
06-19-2004, 02:13 PM
hahaha mike that's hilarious!!!

WGR4Pussies
06-19-2004, 04:33 PM
its too bad its the 19th already, but heres a better idea, borrow one of your friends passes and when you go to court, just say you had a pass, but you forgot it, I watched my friend do this, they only made him pay 1 dollar(back when the fare was 1 dollar).

but pay it, or fight it, cause if you don;t they WILL put a warrent out for your arrest, it happened to me.:rofl:

GTS Jeff
06-19-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by white_dsm

Ok, so I can reduce it then...HOW?

i pulled out a wad of old tickets to prove that i normally do pay, and that i didnt just one time cuz i didnt want to be late for work.

Originally posted by WGR4Pussies
its too bad its the 19th already, but heres a better idea, borrow one of your friends passes and when you go to court, just say you had a pass, but you forgot it, I watched my friend do this, they only made him pay 1 dollar(back when the fare was 1 dollar).

hm thats a good idea. i wish i had thought of that.

/////AMG
06-19-2004, 06:22 PM
I forgot my wallet one morning and told him i was going to school, the guy said its ok and said if another team catches me just tell them "GroupS10 said its ok" or soemthing like that.

Skyline_Addict
06-19-2004, 09:27 PM
ask them if you can do community service, that is if you don't want to pay...

phoomp
06-19-2004, 10:01 PM
I told the bitch I was a U of L student and I thought the pass was included in my tuition...she wasn't open to negotiation...must have been near quota time
Or, perhaps she saw right through your flimsy lie and decided to give you a ticket because you were trying to ride the train for free.

Take some responsibility for your actions and pay the ticket.

BumpinTalon
06-19-2004, 10:07 PM
$150 ? fuck that
It's not like he was screwing 75 people out of a train ride. He shouldn't have to pay such a big fine for trying to get where he was going.

phoomp
06-19-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
$150 ? fuck that
It's not like he was screwing 75 people out of a train ride. He shouldn't have to pay such a big fine for trying to get where he was going.

Perhaps he's done this 75 times before he got caught. When you steal a chocolate bar, do you only get charged $1? The point is not to recoup lost revenue, but to disuade people from breaking the law in the first place. Don't steal from City Transit and you won't have to complain about how expensive it is to steal from City Transit.

WGR4Pussies
06-20-2004, 01:40 AM
fuck city transit, there should be small charge on the first offence, since so many people forgot there tickets, and then if you get caught again, that when they pull out the 150 dollar ticket, 150 bucks is so damn much, but o well, i don't ride the bus anymore, can't stand the people on it.

Made_To_Love
06-20-2004, 01:58 AM
all you have to do if they do ask to see your ticket and you dont have one is give them a made up name and address...say you have no i.d on you..they can't do anything...or say you are from out of town and that you didn't know you had to pay to use the ctrain

white_dsm
06-20-2004, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by phoomp

Or, perhaps she saw right through your flimsy lie and decided to give you a ticket because you were trying to ride the train for free.

Take some responsibility for your actions and pay the ticket.

Thanks for the advice..next time don't bother, keep your mouth shut ;)

...You're the type of guy that has the City of Calgary on speed dial if I don't shovel my side walk... :rolleyes:

...No wait you probably know all the voting stations in Calgary off by heart...what a loyal city servant :rolleyes:

sputnik
06-20-2004, 06:44 AM
$150 isnt a bad deal really. I have been riding the C-Train for 9 months now and havent seen an officer at the station I get off at (39th Ave). So if I was to NEVER pay for nine months I would be saving about $400/yr EACH WAY. If I got even 2 tickets in that time frame I would still be saving $100.

sputnik
06-20-2004, 06:53 AM

...You're the type of guy that has the City of Calgary on speed dial if I don't shovel my side walk... :rolleyes:

...No wait you probably know all the voting stations in Calgary off by heart...what a loyal city servant :rolleyes:

And you are the type of guy that thinks he is above the law and that everytime he gets a ticket he is being "unfairly screwed".

Pay the ticket and stop being such a crybaby. Also dont forget to use this quote when you are in court. It should help your case.

"I told the bitch I was a U of L student and I thought the pass was included in my tuition...she wasn't open to negotiation...must have been near quota time

00Civic
06-20-2004, 10:33 AM
I got arrested from City Police for not paying the fine. They took me down to the station and everything. They only way they were going to let me go is if I payed it right there. Good thing it was pay day when I got caught...

rx7_turbo2
06-20-2004, 12:10 PM
This is retarded. You got busted with no ticket, pay the fine. Next time avoid the fine by A) Buying a ticket and being late. B) Running from the transit lady.

I've gone with no ticket a few times as well because of different senarios. Every time I've realized if there is an officer I'll either have to suck it up and take the ticket or take my chances and bolt. You chose not to bolt, deal with it and pay the ticket.

phoomp
06-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

And you are the type of guy that thinks he is above the law and that everytime he gets a ticket he is being "unfairly screwed".

Pay the ticket and stop being such a crybaby. Also dont forget to use this quote when you are in court. It should help your case.

Actually, I was thinking he's the type of guy who calls his lawyer when he slips and injures himself on someone else's unshoveled sidewalk.

2.2vtec
06-20-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

So what's it to you? I think I'm above the law sometimes too espcially when it's gay shit like a c-train ticket. Why dont' you pay the ticket for him so we don't have to hear your crap!

roopi
06-21-2004, 07:45 AM
I told the bitch I was a U of L student and I thought the pass was included in my tuition...she wasn't open to negotiation...must have been near quota time:zzz: :thumbsdow

Thanks, Mike

Calgary Train pass included in University of Lethbridge tuition? Nice try. :rofl:

toyboy88
06-21-2004, 08:09 AM
do exactly this :thumbsup:

Originally posted by WGR4Pussies

but pay it, or fight it, cause if you don;t they WILL put a warrent out for your arrest, it happened to me.:rofl:

Davetronz
06-21-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by roopi

Calgary Train pass included in University of Lethbridge tuition? Nice try. :rofl:
U of L has a campus at SAIT as well... Some kind of a distance thing I think.

rx7_turbo2
06-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec

So what's it to you? I think I'm above the law sometimes too espcially when it's gay shit like a c-train ticket. Why dont' you pay the ticket for him so we don't have to hear your crap!

What's it to him? Uh it was posted in a public forum......duh

"gay shit like a c-train ticket" Ya ok. Like I said before take responsibility for your actions. I don't care two shits if you buy a ticket or not. But if you choose not to buy a ticket and you get fined deal with it. Don't come on some car forum whining about it. Suck it up and learn your lesson. Maybe next time the guy will either buy a ticket or run.

Now if you want to debate the validity of a fine in the given senario fine. But don't start this crap after the fact.

It's like my arguement against red light camera's. I don't agree with them or want them, but if I ran a red light and got one, regardless of the senario I would suck it up and pay it.

Man alive people does no one have any personal integrity anymore? Yikes!

white_dsm
06-21-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

What's it to him? Uh it was posted in a public forum......duh

"gay shit like a c-train ticket" Ya ok. Like I said before take responsibility for your actions. I don't care two shits if you buy a ticket or not. But if you choose not to buy a ticket and you get fined deal with it. Don't come on some car forum whining about it. Suck it up and learn your lesson. Maybe next time the guy will either buy a ticket or run.

Now if you want to debate the validity of a fine in the given senario fine. But don't start this crap after the fact.

It's like my arguement against red light camera's. I don't agree with them or want them, but if I ran a red light and got one, regardless of the senario I would suck it up and pay it.

Man alive people does no one have any personal integrity anymore? Yikes!

I posted here to see how other people have shook their tickets in the past. I don't give a f*ck how you PAY yours...answer the question or don't bother posting.

Forget the "save the world" message too...you're right no one's listening! :cry:

2.2vtec
06-21-2004, 10:55 PM

I posted here to see how other people have shook their tickets in the past. I don't give a f*ck how you PAY yours...answer the question or don't bother posting.

Forget the "save the world" message too...you're right no one's listening! :cry:

:rofl: :rofl:

rx7_turbo2
06-23-2004, 09:13 AM

Ah whatever. I'm sorry you misinturptreted my message as "save the world" Not sure how you managed to do that but OK...... All I was saying is have some personal integrity man. You proved fairly convincingly you have none. Go ahead try and shake the ticket. But for the love of god please don't be the first one to bitch and whine when the price of C train passes goes up, because your one of the reasons.

Once again if you want to argue how valid a ticket is in this senario fine. But trying to get out of it after the fact, esspecially when you have no one to blame but your self is just lame. I suppose argueing for personal integrity on this forum is probably a loosing battle however, given the volume of these types of threads.

"How do I get out of my speeding ticket"
"How do I get out of my failure to produce proof of valid insurance ticket"
"How do I get out of my red light ticket"
"How do I get failure to provide proof of valid registration"
"I was doing burnouts in a parking lot and a dickhead police officer gave me a ticket how do I get out of it"

I guess your kind is in good company here:dunno:

Beni
06-24-2004, 10:34 PM
woah you guys just settle down! this is supposed to be fun but when people like rx7_turbo2 and phoomp say shit its just gay! so keep your dumb ass comments to yoursleves and try to not be so uptight! :thumbsup: thanks!